More goings on at my haunted workplace...

There was no CCTV installed at all at the time of the incident, so unfortunately there is no recording that can be reviewed.

The only person there after hours was a cleaner. There is a whole other story to that which I don't want to share publicly, but suffice it to say, we don't think it was him. I don't know if there was a sign-out system for him other than just setting the alarm as he left.

There was potentially one disgruntled employee and they were the first person I thought of. However, I asked the manager if they were ever given a key or the code to the alarm and she said "no".

I don't know how many people have a key or access to the alarm code but management and reception staff almost certainly would. I can't believe it was any of them. Yes, the building is locked overnight. Access is by physical key only and then by disarming the alarm.

We did go and check the grounds around the building for wheel marks. We couldn't see any and the landscaping really prohibits anyone from accessing the soil at all. Other than a small area of landscaping around the building, it's just a street so it's paved and there isn't too much mud around.
Thanks for the information. So has the activity continued or was it primarily just the one week you mentioned? Any chance of the building owner/management allowing a paranormal team like Titch's to come in and do an investigation?

As a qualified electrician here in the UK, there are certain instances that can cause lights to turn themselves on depending on the switching style, wiring, etc. It may be worth maintenance having a look at them (if not done so already), if not just to rule out any possible natural explanations for this occurrence.

As for the mud, that is kinda weird. It reminds me somewhat of the manifestation of water at 30 East Drive, Pontefract ( the "Black Monk House") within the kitchen area. This has been put down to poltergeist activity within the property.

I agree with Lynne, if you are going to get to the bottom of this, whether a prank or otherwise, I would consider putting in some cameras covering the areas with the most activity.

Thanks for the information. So has the activity continued or was it primarily just the one week you mentioned? Any chance of the building owner/management allowing a paranormal team like Titch's to come in and do an investigation?
It seems to have just been that week (although various things had happened prior to that). After the mud everything went very quiet. I think a couple of people heard/saw it again but nothing on the scale of that one week.

The manager joked after the mud incident that we should get a priest in to bless the place, but she never did. I think if things escalate again to that degree, we'd definitely be open to allowing people in to investigate.

It sure Sounds like a haunting. Can I ask what kind of business this is? I really think the idea of setting up a camera or two in the most active places would tell a lot.
We have confidentiality issues so we can only put cameras in the public areas, unfortunately. The manager did set one up in my room to record over night the day after the events occured, but we didn't capture any activity.

As a qualified electrician here in the UK, there are certain instances that can cause lights to turn themselves on depending on the switching style, wiring, etc. It may be worth maintenance having a look at them (if not done so already), if not just to rule out any possible natural explanations for this occurrence.

As for the mud, that is kinda weird. It reminds me somewhat of the manifestation of water at 30 East Drive, Pontefract ( the "Black Monk House") within the kitchen area. This has been put down to poltergeist activity within the property.

I agree with Lynne, if you are going to get to the bottom of this, whether a prank or otherwise, I would consider putting in some cameras covering the areas with the most activity.
Thanks Titch. The light that came on is a motion activated one, so I guess a moth or something could have flown past it... It was also a brand new piece of equipment and, as far as I know, only did it that once.

I think they are going to put up cameras in the public areas of the building, but elsewhere we would have issues with confidentiality so we can't, unfortunately.

My employer's entire 4-building campus is haunted. My office is home to a resident spirit who likes to sit in my chair when I am not in. We have recently found entities sitting in other office chairs, at all hours. There is at least one portal in every building and two in this one.

I currently have two security cameras in my office, monitoring for activity. Something triggers them at 3 AM most mornings. So far nothing has been caught on those NV cameras, though I have captured several orbs on regular, daytime video chats with others. I am seeing them with my naked eye so I know they are not dust.

I've been working here for 36 years and feel zero fear. I am sure that at least one of the resident spirits here is an old co-worker who passed-on in 2006.

The couch in my office currently has a pile of paranormal gear sitting on one end of it, all charged up and ready to go, including a compact SLS camera.

My employer's entire 4-building campus is haunted. My office is home to a resident spirit who likes to sit in my chair when I am not in. We have recently found entities sitting in other office chairs, at all hours. There is at least one portal in every building and two in this one.

I currently have two security cameras in my office, monitoring for activity. Something triggers them at 3 AM most mornings. So far nothing has been caught on those NV cameras, though I have captured several orbs on regular, daytime video chats with others. I am seeing them with my naked eye so I know they are not dust.

I've been working here for 36 years and feel zero fear. I am sure that at least one of the resident spirits here is an old co-worker who passed-on in 2006.

The couch in my office currently has a pile of paranormal gear sitting on one end of it, all charged up and ready to go, including a compact SLS camera.
Wow you can work and do your hobby all at the same time! You have a great advantage of being able to do a long term investigation with constant access. What a great opportunity.

If I haunt any place after I pass, Lynne, it will be either home or the office, so the more I know ahead of time, the easier it will be when I see whom I will be sharing my haunt with. :)

Yes, it has grown into a long-term monitoring process. My best friend and frequent co-investigator was hired by my employer some 3 months ago (I may have had something to do with that, lol). I gave her a key to my office, to access the gear, if something comes up and I am not on-site.

I have even placed a remote-probe EMF detector in my chair, visible from one of the cameras, to see if my "guest" will trigger it when sitting. So-far nothing, before the battery dies in the EMF meter. I need to rig up a constant power source to eliminate the constant battery replacement.

Not meaning to hijack this thread, I just wanted to let Rose know that workplace hauntings are not uncommon.