9-24-2021 Friday Live Chat

Yup. Ship loads of stuff backed up. And low on truck drivers to haul. Not a good scenario. I saw they want to allow 18 yr. olds to drive the trucks now. Don't know if they will get that passed but it may be an option to get things flowing a bit.
well, not wanting to get into the politics of decision making, but the forced vax idea isnt gonna be good if the truckers decide to walk away or strike in refusal. i know a few who are saying they wil walk first, or find a company with less than 100 or just go independent to skirt the rule. wont be good for the shelves or the meds

This also explains the web site change this week. I used to be able to go simply to the grocery section only but now it's a combined site where you specify pick up order or delivery order or curbside etc. And selections have been cut.

Reactions: Paulm
I saw an article about that last week. I know they are pushing it really hard right now! I get ads all the time about it. They have offered free shipping as well. Since I do all my shopping via internet, I gave them a try not long ago on something and it was delivered in one day. Very quick.
yeah, i order a lot to be shipped and so far its been pretty good if its in supply close by

This also explains the web site change this week. I used to be able to go simply to the grocery section only but now it's a combined site where you specify pick up order or delivery order or curbside etc. And selections have been cut.
i noticed that too

well, not wanting to get into the politics of decision making, but the forced vax idea isnt gonna be good if the truckers decide to walk away or strike in refusal. i know a few who are saying they wil walk first, or find a company with less than 100 or just go independent to skirt the rule. wont be good for the shelves or the meds
Honey, I follow a trucker's site, and many, many of the older guys left during the beginnings of the pandemic. Many of our trucker's were the older group and young people don't want to be a trucker. With or without vax guidelines, we were in trouble months ago. The rules and regs for truckers are brutal to begin with. Some of that also needs changing to pull in a new crew.

Honey, I follow a trucker's site, and many, many of the older guys left during the beginnings of the pandemic. Many of our trucker's were the older group and young people don't want to be a trucker. With or without vax guidelines, we were in trouble months ago. The rules and regs for truckers are brutal to begin with. Some of that also needs changing to pull in a new crew.
that is another good example of how the whole pandemic has been handled so far. almost 2 years in and nothing beside playing catchup has been implemented to ease or lesson the hardships, which only present more problems further in...

that is another good example of how the whole pandemic has been handled so far. almost 2 years in and nothing beside playing catchup has been implemented to ease or lesson the hardships, which only present more problems further in...
These poor guys often can't even find a place to park overnight! Many of the stores they deliver to won't let them stay over in the back lots. I have a special place in my heart for truckers, and they are having one heck of a time out there. Even getting food to eat on the road is complicated. They are the unsung heroes and are treated horribly sometimes. System needs an overhaul and we need to change our views of our road warriors.

These poor guys often can't even find a place to park overnight! Many of the stores they deliver to won't let them stay over in the back lots. I have a special place in my heart for truckers, and they are having one heck of a time out there. Even getting food to eat on the road is complicated. They are the unsung heroes and are treated horribly sometimes. System needs an overhaul and we need to change our views of our road warriors.
i agree, well, i gotta run for a bit, nice chattin' with ya Debi, be back through in a while....later

Reactions: Debi