9-24-2021 Friday Live Chat

man, prices are outrageous aren't they?.. its crazy. and the stores cutbacks on products is becoming more and more noticeable
I know. Now there are shortages on new things! I just read alcohol is one of them and some bottled water...lol I got a pick up order in today. I had 5 substitutions and couldn't get stew meat at all. Coke Zero in bottles? Forget about it. And Costco is now limiting paper products again. Walmart and Kroger just announced new "limits" on many products.

I know. Now there are shortages on new things! I just read alcohol is one of them and some bottled water...lol I got a pick up order in today. I had 5 substitutions and couldn't get stew meat at all. Coke Zero in bottles? Forget about it. And Costco is now limiting paper products again. Walmart and Kroger just announced new "limits" on many products.
our walmarts and kroger has been lacking on their products for a while now, lots of thin or bare shelves and the meat departments have been very thin also. so i can guess there will be limits coming soon. even the local dollar tree had bare shelves over the week-end.

speaking of walmart i was told by an employee that by the end of the year or just after the first of next year walmart would no longer have any casheirs, all self check-out....wonder how that is gonna go? but on the plus side , ALL registers will be open and self checkout lanes.... they are also pushing the scan and go system where you scan items as you take them from the shelf and then it is all automatic from your phone....

• Wow
Reactions: garnetsilver
our walmarts and kroger has been lacking on their products for a while now, lots of thin or bare shelves and the meat departments have been very thin also. so i can guess there will be limits coming soon. even the local dollar tree had bare shelves over the week-end.
I'm finding I have to be a bit more creative in my menus. And, just in case, when I buy something I'm trying to buy one for the pantry as well. It's not a lot at once, but I'm getting more concerned so doing some minor stocking. I actually keep a pretty deep pantry, but hey...I've had to dive into that a few times recently.

Also, here in Indiana, we now have some pharmacy delays. Having to really watch the meds on hand. They won't let you do refills more than 5 days in advance but can't get you the refill for 6. Arg!

Reactions: Paulm
I'm finding I have to be a bit more creative in my menus. And, just in case, when I buy something I'm trying to buy one for the pantry as well. It's not a lot at once, but I'm getting more concerned so doing some minor stocking. I actually keep a pretty deep pantry, but hey...I've had to dive into that a few times recently.

Also, here in Indiana, we now have some pharmacy delays. Having to really watch the meds on hand. They won't let you do refills more than 5 days in advance but can't get you the refill for 6. Arg!
my wife has seen that with meds too. the supply chain is broken right now with shipping and such. was told a lot of things are weeks behind just waiting in trucks or on docks for transport.
we keep a full pantry also, but it never hurts to over-stock a little bit...lol

Reactions: Debi
speaking of walmart i was told by an employee that by the end of the year or just after the first of next year walmart would no longer have any casheirs, all self check-out....wonder how that is gonna go? but on the plus side , ALL registers will be open and self checkout lanes.... they are also pushing the scan and go system where you scan items as you take them from the shelf and then it is all automatic from your phone....
I heard that was coming as well, and they already have a few stores set up as such. I know that they have played with the web site...my pick up order stuff has changed just this week. It was funny today...I got the first notice "your order is ready for pick up" at 2:21. Shortly after I get a notice "Your order was picked up at 2:02." My son was pulling in the driveway when they sent the first notice. A few glitches to work out me thinks.

my wife has seen that with meds too. the supply chain is broken right now with shipping and such. was told a lot of things are weeks behind just waiting in trucks or on docks for transport.
we keep a full pantry also, but it never hurts to over-stock a little bit...lol
Yup. Ship loads of stuff backed up. And low on truck drivers to haul. Not a good scenario. I saw they want to allow 18 yr. olds to drive the trucks now. Don't know if they will get that passed but it may be an option to get things flowing a bit.

I heard that was coming as well, and they already have a few stores set up as such. I know that they have played with the web site...my pick up order stuff has changed just this week. It was funny today...I got the first notice "your order is ready for pick up" at 2:21. Shortly after I get a notice "Your order was picked up at 2:02." My son was pulling in the driveway when they sent the first notice. A few glitches to work out me thinks.
they have been trying to go more internet sales route for a couple years now to compete with amazon. so far it hasnt panned out with them very well but their upper management is dead set on turning it around and working it out somehow. they have been toying with the idea for a while of downsizing all the supercenters back to just minimal size and quantity. i dunno though, guess we will see.....

they have been trying to go more internet sales route for a couple years now to compete with amazon. so far it hasnt panned out with them very well but their upper management is dead set on turning it around and working it out somehow. they have been toying with the idea for a while of downsizing all the supercenters back to just minimal size and quantity. i dunno though, guess we will see.....
I saw an article about that last week. I know they are pushing it really hard right now! I get ads all the time about it. They have offered free shipping as well. Since I do all my shopping via internet, I gave them a try not long ago on something and it was delivered in one day. Very quick.