9-24-2021 Friday Live Chat

Tonight we are doing what we call "Catch can"....catch any can you can find in the pantry, open it and there's your supper! lol Friday nights we usually do that kind of thing. Soup is usually the can I find.

What really strikes me is I feel like Jimmy Stewart and It's a Wonderful Life.

Times like that show who your friends really are. The ones you know you can count on.

As an aside, I met General Stewart in the early 80's. A tall man, even in old age he stood perfectly erect. I'm 5'-10", and he was easily six inches taller. He was kind and gracious to this then-young fan.

When I was in my early to late 20’s, Friday night was either a pizza or fend for yourself night. And the pizza was always a Freschetta served with pizza rolls. My dad’s choice. Brings back memories.

Reactions: Debi
When I was in my early to late 20’s, Friday night was either a pizza or fend for yourself night. And the pizza was always a Freschetta served with pizza rolls. My dad’s choice. Brings back memories.
We used to do that as well but recently tired of the frozen pizza options. Saturday nights are now Mexican food nights of either nachos or tacos. The rest of the week I actually cook something! lol

Times like that show who your friends really are. The ones you know you can count on.

As an aside, I met General Stewart in the early 80's. A tall man, even in old age he stood perfectly erect. I'm 5'-10", and he was easily six inches taller. He was kind and gracious to this then-young fan.
Howdy!

We used to do that as well but recently tired of the frozen pizza options. Saturday nights are now Mexican food nights of either nachos or tacos. The rest of the week I actually cook something! lol
cant beat nachos, or tacos. we do that once a week too. friday is usually fish though..even though it reminds me of being back in grade school i still love fish

cant beat nachos, or tacos. we do that once a week too. friday is usually fish though..even though it reminds me of being back in grade school i still love fish
I usually grab tomato soup on Fridays. Hub's is the bean soup and I have no idea what the kid comes up with. It's every man for himself! lol

I try to do one Italian night during the week as well. With the price of groceries going sky high, I am going back to the meatless nights more and more. And the shortages out there are starting to grow again...sigh.

Reactions: Paulm
I usually grab tomato soup on Fridays. Hub's is the bean soup and I have no idea what the kid comes up with. It's every man for himself! lol

I try to do one Italian night during the week as well. With the price of groceries going sky high, I am going back to the meatless nights more and more. And the shortages out there are starting to grow again...sigh.
man, prices are outrageous aren't they?.. its crazy. and the stores cutbacks on products is becoming more and more noticeable