9-24-2021 Friday Live Chat

Back then we used pagers. I had my tech's lit up at least once a day. I could look at the copier and kill it and I can't tell you how many monitors I blew through for no apparent reason they could find.
You needed “Tech by WandS”. I’ve restored life to my failed laptop and a dead TV by hugging them and speaking nice to them.

I tried that once or twice....I think they laughed at me. lol
You have to do it knowing in your heart that the gods of electronics are nerds just like you. You can’t coerce them with a acorn or a crystal. you have to offer Mountain Dew and Chick-o-Stix.

My son upgraded me to a SSD? I think that's what it's called. It keeps him from having to deal with a package at his door with a note that says "help! Fix this!" I don't seem to blow this one up as much...knocking on wood as I say that.

Reactions: garnetsilver
My son upgraded me to a SSD? I think that's what it's called. It keeps him from having to deal with a package at his door with a note that says "help! Fix this!" I don't seem to blow this one up as much...knocking on wood as I say that.
He has my two back up laptops at his house now. Sent them with him on his last trip...lol

You needed “Tech by WandS”. I’ve restored life to my failed laptop and a dead TV by hugging them and speaking nice to them.
I could have used this many a times. I have to fix things the long old fashioned way and sometimes that does not work.

You have to do it knowing in your heart that the gods of electronics are nerds just like you. You can’t coerce them with a acorn or a crystal. you have to offer Mountain Dew and Chick-o-Stix.
I'll give that a try next time. This is why I have Bob and Critter as my techs. I don't dare try to do anything to the program here! Nope! In fact, neither of them wants me near anything on what I call "the dark side" of the forum!
I think consumer electronics are as easily influenced as the hunman heart hence you have to treat them with trust and reverence.
How about utter fear and respect? As a SLIder I have to watch what mood I'm in at all times or things happen.