Something we no longer do...

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score

TIMES HAVE CHANGED!
WHAT'S SOMETHING YOU USED TO HAVE TO DO THAT YOU DON'T HAVE TO NOW?

271144172_5604942669567752_7667222034287456780_n.jpg

Thanks to permanent press, I think I've ironed something like six times in my entire adult life, usually parts of a suit or dress shirt for a wedding or funeral. I don't even know where the iron is at the moment, lol.

Gap the points on the car and adjust the timing.

Get out of the car to order a hamburger.

Piggybacking on Duke, playing with the TV "rabbit ears" to get a decent picture.

Last edited:
Hanging laundry on a line

Having to actually light the stove burner manually

Replacing household fuses

Taking TV tubes to the tester at the Safeway regularly.

Taking paregoric

Our last local dairy that made home deliveries closed down last year. Kind of sad, not seeing a milk box on the porch anymore. As a kid, we had fresh dairy products waiting on the porch most mornings, in that little insulated metal box.

No more.

Our last local dairy that made home deliveries closed down last year. Kind of sad, not seeing a milk box on the porch anymore. As a kid, we had fresh dairy products waiting on the porch most mornings, in that little insulated metal box.

No more.
Oh, I DO remember that as a child. We lived close by a local dairy...McCaffee Dairy. The man who owned it also let us play in his woods. And the glass milk bottles were always left for pick up in that little box outside. Sigh...good old days.