Let's talk Djinn

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
438792993_822663689896148_6883063972066322568_n.jpg

Going into the C2C show notes from 14 years ago:

Paranormal researcher Rosemary Ellen Guiley and UFO investigator Philip Imbrogno discussed their forthcoming book about the djinn (or jinn), secretive entities that may play a role in a variety of paranormal phenomena. The beings exist in a parallel dimension to ours but seem to have the ability to enter our dimension via portals and interact with us and observe us even when we cannot see them, said Imbrogno. Accounts of them began in the ancient Middle East, where an assortment of beings who were not considered angels, such as fairies and earth spirits, were classified as djinn. King Solomon was said to enslave some of them to help build his temple, he added.
Guiley described the djinn as masterful shape-shifters who sometimes masquerade as entities like Shadow People, demons, ETs, and Mothman. They can be thought of as tricksters who have their own self-serving agenda, which for some of them involves domination over humans and the earthly plane, she said. Guiley further suggested that intense, persistent, or annoying ghostly phenomena like poltergeists may actually be the work of the djinn, rather than spirits of the deceased. The djinn are very territorial and some of the unexplained phenomena people experience may occur near the locations of their portals, she explained.
Imbrogno recounted details of his research into the djinn that he conducted in the Middle East in the mid 1990s. He was taken to an enormous cave in Oman called the "Meeting Place of the Djinn," and as he was rappelling into the cave, his tour guides took off, after hearing voices of the djinn telling them to leave. A local told him that after he encountered a female djinn while hiking in the mountains, he was apprehended by Saudi Arabian government agents who debriefed him at a base and were interested in learning about the dimensional abilities of the djinn. Imbrogno noted that this was similar to US govt. involvement in a UFO incident in Pine Bush, NY.
____

So! With that as a starting point, what do you think of the Djinn? I've always said don't get caught up in the semantics, but could these beings be connected to much of the phenomena we see and is it all connected? What say you?

Reactions: Ragnar0711
I was always a bit of a skeptic about the paranormal, even when strange things were happening to and around me. There just had to be a logical explanation even if I couldn't figure one out for myself. Then I had my encounter with a Glimmer Man and it changed my whole perspective. I had always enjoyed reading stories of the supernatural and folklore as entertainment, but this was when I started reading them as actual research. Djinn were of particular interest because, according to some of the folklore, they could appear in a form that sounded very similar to the Glimmer Man. So I believe Debi is absolutely right about ignoring the semantics, these entities go by many different names across many different cultures.

-Invisible unless they choose to be seen.

-Can sometimes appear as just a cloud of smoke or shadow.

-If appearing in "human form" they have specific traits that don't look human. (Animal parts, odd shaped ears or mouth, ect)

-Generally neutral but an individual can be benevolent or mischievous.

-If somehow caught or captured they are willing to provide a service (grant wishes) in exchange for freedom.

There are legends from all over the world that match a lot of these descriptions.

The more I study this, the more I believe the Djinn (insert whatever name you wish to call them) may truly be at the bottom of this whole phenomena we call the paranormal. Yes, I believe there are other subsets such as true "ghosts" or spirit visitations, but so much is connected with the Djinn theory from a historical record and review that it may be the root of what is going on.

Reactions: Ragnar0711
Ephesians 6:12
New International Version
12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.

We can call them Djinn or Demons or fallen Angels, this is what I personally believe we are dealing with in areas like Skin Walker ranch and places with high activity. There may still be other paranormal things in the world causing hauntings like earth bound spirits, fairys and elementals but the the ones over areas of land I think are the ones described in the bible. Just my personal take on this.

Ephesians 6:12
New International Version
12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.

We can call them Djinn or Demons or fallen Angels, this is what I personally believe we are dealing with in areas like Skin Walker ranch and places with high activity. There may still be other paranormal things in the world causing hauntings like earth bound spirits, fairys and elementals but the the ones over areas of land I think are the ones described in the bible. Just my personal take on this.
I agree Lynne.... to look at these things in any other fashion we would have to give up all religious beliefs just for the simple fact as an entity or life of their own they don't fit with any religious teachings, other than that of demons or fallen angels. anything interdimensional or of another plane, not of a flesh and blood body or being, cannot be honestly studied or the truth known with religious constraints or barriers. for me there is no choice to be made, I will not bend my beliefs just for simple curiosity......... that's why I don't engage that side of the veil or entertain the ghost type stuff much....the quote, " The devils greatest achievement is convincing the world he doesn't exist" , always comes to mind when I think of this stuff........

Reactions: Lynne and Debi
There are three types of Djinn that exist according to the Quran.The first is the kind that have wings. The second are those like snakes or scorpions. The third are those that either live in permanent homes or are nomads.
Guiley described the djinn as masterful shape-shifters who sometimes masquerade as entities like Shadow People, demons, ETs, and Mothman.
Sometimes in local news articles, they are described as having black fur/hair. I did ask this question to Muslims once and they said Djinn are shapeshifters(like what Guiley said).

Hope this info helps. If anyone has further theories on the Djinn outside the Quran, I would still like to read them.

(I erased some statements about the Ifrit because I'm not sure what is the connection with Djinn)

Last edited:
Reactions: Lynne
There are three types of Djinn that exist according to the Quran.The first is the kind that have wings. The second are those like snakes or scorpions. The third are those that either live in permanent homes or are nomads.

Sometimes in local news articles, they are described as having black fur/hair. I did ask this question to Muslims once and they said Djinn are shapeshifters(like what Guiley said).

Hope this info helps. If anyone has further theories on the Djinn outside the Quran, I would still like to read them.

(I erased some statements about the Ifrit because I'm not sure what is the connection with Djinn)
Thanks for your input on this topic. I was waiting to see if you weighed in. This could be the entitie on Skinwalker ranch, it has a legend of being a shapeshifter.

Reactions: Roffin