Light at the End of the Tunnel of Covid

You are both right in your own ways. A virus will always morph and mutate, young children and babies can't have the vax yet until further testing, BUT we need more adults vaxxed to slow this thing down. The more we can do that, the more time we give ourselves to come up with that better vax.

Now, with that said, this thread isn't to argue the big debate out there. It's simply to act as an information station for everyone as to what is happening. :)
no arguing here...lol

Reactions: Debi
Let's just all try to be safe out there and not spread it any more than it already is, if possible. The hospitals and staff don't need another wave.
that is the big thing, keep the hospitals at a minimum of cases. everyone should still be masked up and avoiding large gatherings.

Reactions: Benway and Debi
We'll agree to disagree.
But this is not any normal virus. It is a form of biological warfare that was released either by accident or on purpose.
I'm not even a conspiracy theorist and the facts back that claim.
We all need to do our part to end this.
i agree this is not a normal virus, and that it somehow escaped a lab. i dont believe it is a form of biological warfare however.
a possible vaccine that went sideways perhaps, or just messing around with different sars or flu strains maybe.
a biological weapon has one purpose, kill a large number of people as fast as possible. this isnt it, with a survival rate of 99% and some with no symptoms this would be either the poorest weapon ever made, or the most ingenious one ever made, if the latter is true then we have to think "are we doing exactly as expected" and then change our route.
Im no virologist or scientist but i have been through numerous NBC (Nuclear, Biological,Chemical,) classes, carried atropine injectors, and even have a selfie of myself de-masking after a chemical alarm sounding because it was my turn to go first.....lol. (yeah, after the all clear is given, everyone dont just unmask at once, one person does and then 15 minutes later the rest follow.) anyways i agree it possibly/probably did escape from a lab, but not as a weapon.... at least lets pray not

Reactions: garnetsilver
I'm still wearing a mask and maintaining a safe distance from people and that's not going to change.
Well, I have to and have had to for 3 years due to my lungs. And yes, it's good to know that people are at least trying to do some mitigation of this out there.

Just be safe out there, people!

i agree this is not a normal virus, and that it somehow escaped a lab. i dont believe it is a form of biological warfare however.
a possible vaccine that went sideways perhaps, or just messing around with different sars or flu strains maybe.
a biological weapon has one purpose, kill a large number of people as fast as possible. this isnt it, with a survival rate of 99% and some with no symptoms this would be either the poorest weapon ever made, or the most ingenious one ever made, if the latter is true then we have to think "are we doing exactly as expected" and then change our route.
Im no virologist or scientist but i have been through numerous NBC (Nuclear, Biological,Chemical,) classes, carried atropine injectors, and even have a selfie of myself de-masking after a chemical alarm sounding because it was my turn to go first.....lol. (yeah, after the all clear is given, everyone dont just unmask at once, one person does and then 15 minutes later the rest follow.) anyways i agree it possibly/probably did escape from a lab, but not as a weapon.... at least lets pray not
It's quite often that a gain of function exercise is done with a virus. This may not be weaponized, but I do believe it got tweaked and took a hike out of a door.

Once again, everybody just be safe out there! Now, back to the information part of the thread and look forward, not back. We are working towards the light!

Well, I have to and have had to for 3 years due to my lungs. And yes, it's good to know that people are at least trying to do some mitigation of this out there.

Just be safe out there, people!
Most people here still aren't doing so and are going about their normal pre-COVID routines just as they always have. I masked up early Spring of last year when it was starting to get much worse and really didn't slack off.

Reactions: Benway
Most people here still aren't doing so and are going about their normal pre-COVID routines just as they always have. I masked up early Spring of last year when it was starting to get much worse and really didn't slack off.
Just keep that up, Wolf. In your line of work, you are in enclosed spaces and in contact with lots of people. It's the safest way for you to do your job.

Just keep that up, Wolf. In your line of work, you are in enclosed spaces and in contact with lots of people. It's the safest way for you to do your job.
I was reluctant early on last year when they were hitting the stores hard and our shelves. I wasn't going to jeopardize my health even for my top account and didn't want to be around anyone. I've eased up quite a bit, but I was about as paranoid with it as you could probably get.

Reactions: Benway and Debi
I was reluctant early on last year when they were hitting the stores hard and our shelves. I wasn't going to jeopardize my health even for my top account and didn't want to be around anyone. I've eased up quite a bit, but I was about as paranoid with it as you could probably get.
You just keep my snacks coming...lol ;bg3 I think Little Debbie snacks have helped us get through the lockdowns!

Reactions: Lone Wolf