Light at the End of the Tunnel of Covid

I don't know anyone that caught it and I suspect that this area has one of the highest vaccination rates in the state.

My Brother-In-Law works as an Ambulance driver. He lost 2 close work colleagues to Covid during the first wave.

The wife got 'pinged' on the T&T app and had to self-isolate, and our son got sent home from school after coughing on a bit of food in his throat and the school panicked..........

I have had nothing - not even a reaction to any of my two jabs.

On a personal level, I still question the origins of the virus. I know that we, as humans, have pandemics every so often to keep us 'in check', as it is a part of our existence living on this planet alongside some pretty nasty micro-organisms, but the speed at which this one spread and the sheer number of mutations Covid has gone through (677 mutations in a 20 month period [Source: Forbes.com], with 12,000 genome variations during the same period [Source: Nature Today]) is alarming to me, and it makes one wonder to some degree if it had a 'helping hand'.

I find it hard to believe, looking at the data and 'inconsistencies' uncovered thus far, that the origin of Covid-19 was initiated directly, and naturally, between bats and humans. I guess that only time will tell...........

Reactions: garnetsilver
Hey guys. I want to take a moment to address something here.

I woke up this morning and the headlines were screaming the bad news from all over. Delta variant filling hospitals, earthquakes, fires, war, etc. etc. etc. There's just a lot of stuff happening out there and that light at the end of the tunnel has dimmed a bit with Delta.

At the same time I've noted that a lot of people are simply becoming overwhelmed. PLEASE KNOW THAT WE ARE HERE FOR YOU. If you need to vent, need an ear to listen, need support, please PM me. I can't fix a thing out there, but I am willing to share the burden of it and lend an ear anytime. Duke has told me he is also more than willing to be a support person for anyone needing it.

We can get through this together. Don't go it alone if you are feeling overwhelmed.

OK, gang. Weekend is coming and Delta is going nuts out there. PLEASE take the proper precautions while you are out and about. Many hospitals are on overload right now and the staff is exhausted.

Reactions: garnetsilver
The light at the end of the tunnel seems to be getting a bit dim...:( I hope and pray that this is over soon.

Reactions: ozentity
Reactions: Debi
I have a question. WHY are there so many people that will not get the vaccine? I am fine with people being free to make decisions for themselves BUT if you refuse the vaccine and then get covid don't expect me to pay your hospital bills. I see the refusal to accept a FREE vaccine to be evolution in action. WHAT is it that these people fear so much that they are willing to not just risk their lives but also seem to happily and willingly carry it to others. ?????

I have a question. WHY are there so many people that will not get the vaccine? I am fine with people being free to make decisions for themselves BUT if you refuse the vaccine and then get covid don't expect me to pay your hospital bills. I see the refusal to accept a FREE vaccine to be evolution in action. WHAT is it that these people fear so much that they are willing to not just risk their lives but also seem to happily and willingly carry it to others. ?????
I agree. It really puzzles me, no end.