Getting to know you....

Hello everyone, my name is Chuck. My wife and I live in northern Utah and operate GoneWestUtah, a small paranormal investigative team consisting of ourselves and our two adult daughters, although one lives in Florida currently and can only participate when she's in town visiting. My wife is a retired RN and I am in the last couple years of my own career as a Tooling engineer. We started the ghost hunting team as something for my wife to focus on after an auto accident several years ago that left her disabled and unable to work. She's doing better now but has retired. She is an empath sensitive, I am a skeptic but have experienced some things that defy explanation so I keep an open mind. I am also interested in UFOs, having been an amateur astronomer for over 55 years now. In all those years of watching and photographing the sky, I have seen only one UFO that wasn't ever positively identified, but it was undeniable.
The pandemic has pretty much shut-down 99% of indoor investigations and cold winters here keep us from the outdoor ones. We are not in our 20's anymore and can't take the cold like we did when we were young and immortal. At least we are still on the right side of the grass, so I can't complain too much.
I'm looking forward to spending a little time here and getting to know you all. My wife may elect to start her own account, we'll see what happens, but for now I'm here, you poor folks.

My only claim to paranormal fame is that once I was passed on the freeway by Zak Bagans' museum van, doing about 85mph on it's way back home to Vegas, lol.

Hello everyone, my name is Chuck. My wife and I live in northern Utah and operate GoneWestUtah, a small paranormal investigative team consisting of ourselves and our two adult daughters, although one lives in Florida currently and can only participate when she's in town visiting. My wife is a retired RN and I am in the last couple years of my own career as a Tooling engineer. We started the ghost hunting team as something for my wife to focus on after an auto accident several years ago that left her disabled and unable to work. She's doing better now but has retired. She is an empath sensitive, I am a skeptic but have experienced some things that defy explanation so I keep an open mind. I am also interested in UFOs, having been an amateur astronomer for over 55 years now. In all those years of watching and photographing the sky, I have seen only one UFO that wasn't ever positively identified, but it was undeniable.
The pandemic has pretty much shut-down 99% of indoor investigations and cold winters here keep us from the outdoor ones. We are not in our 20's anymore and can't take the cold like we did when we were young and immortal. At least we are still on the right side of the grass, so I can't complain too much.
I'm looking forward to spending a little time here and getting to know you all. My wife may elect to start her own account, we'll see what happens, but for now I'm here, you poor folks.

My only claim to paranormal fame is that once I was passed on the freeway by Zak Bagans' museum van, doing about 85mph on it's way back home to Vegas, lol.
Welcome to the forum , I look forward to getting to know you. We are a friendly bunch of like minded paranormal enthusiasts.

Thanks everyone! So far I'm finding a terrific, respectful, informative forum with friendly, helpful members & staff. :)
Great , that's what we want here. Everyone is friends and some feel like family. Join us on the evening chats. Tonight is movie night at 9 pm eastern.

Reactions: Paintman
Hi Chuck. I read that you folks do Paranormal investigations in Utah. is Skinwalker ranch nrarby or have you ever seen it? Just wondering as the lockdown has made me a fan of Blind Frog Ranch and Skinwalker too on cable

Hi Goose, we are in northern Utah, not far from Salt Lake City. Skinwalker ranch is at least a half-day's drive from our place, in good weather. Long ways off. We have never been there but it's on our bucket list. My wife has been involved in this for a long time but only got me interested a few years ago. She has been recovering from a concussion suffered in a car accident three years ago so we tend to stay close to home. We have not seen any of the Blind Frog Ranch show, or if my wife has, she hasn't mentioned it to me. I haven't retired yet so don't have the free time that she does.
One place that really intrigues me is Buckhorn Draw, under the Wedge Overlook in south central Utah. There are incredible rock art paintings there, thousands of years old. We were there two years ago in daylight, and I could feel thousands of spirits watching us down in the draw, from all over the canyon. We were not welcome and it was palpable. We had no gear with us at the time, unfortunately. One day I want to return there with all the equipment. Native spirits are very different from those of settlers and people who came later, they have been around the area a lot longer and as one would imagine, there isn't a lot of sympathy for non-native investigators on land they consider stolen and despoiled.