Getting to know you....

Small world. "Tomy" was my forum name when I joined a forum that organized weekly parties. That in itself is something "paranormal". Or maybe it's just destiny.
Well I don’t think I’ll be organising any parties anytime soon, though I have previously worked as a costumed entertainer at parties. I feel like I’ve revealed too much already. Nice to meet you Keongxi née Tomy

Welcome Tomy! Coincidentally, I made my living as an artist when young. I drew Thundarr the Barbarian and made-for-TV movie for network TV for a season, have a couple of listings on the iMDB.

While I will discuss the paranormal, I don't have any hard and fast beliefs formed, even after 62 years on this earth. I'm still "taking data" as my scientist friends put it.

I actually lean towards the view of author Cecil Lewis, when it comes to the soul. Read "Sagittarius Rising" if interested.

I'm new here, myself, but it seems to be a really friendly, intelligent crowd.

Reactions: Walking Goose
Welcome Tomy! Coincidentally, I made my living as an artist when young. I drew Thundarr the Barbarian and made-for-TV movie for network TV for a season, have a couple of listings on the iMDB.

While I will discuss the paranormal, I don't have any hard and fast beliefs formed, even after 62 years on this earth. I'm still "taking data" as my scientist friends put it.

I actually lean towards the view of author Cecil Lewis, when it comes to the soul. Read "Sagittarius Rising" if interested.

I'm new here, myself, but it seems to be a really friendly, intelligent crowd.
Thank you GoneWestUtah, wow, what a career, that would be my dream! Working in animation or making film sets - slight seperation I admit.

thanks for the book recommendation, I’ll add it to my readings, it’s great to hear different theories and widen the horizons. I try to stray away from easy labelling... for example, someone sees a human form apparition it’s easily labelled as a “ghost”, and even in popular culture everyone takes a ghost to be the soul of someone who once physically existed. I’m not suggesting that isn’t the case, but the predefined label comes with a an attached belief system in souls and our continued existence after death while disregarding other possibilities. It’s great to know I’m in a place where we can explore different ideas and maybe explain some experiences.

You need to know that the book isn't about the supernatural, it's a WWI pilot diary, but the author reflects on the nature of the soul during the story. I like his concept.

You need to know that the book isn't about the supernatural, it's a WWI pilot diary, but the author reflects on the nature of the soul during the story. I like his concept.
If I get to learn some history at the same time as an enjoyable read, all the better!

Wow! I'm going to have to get the artists thread out and brush it off around here! Paulm is also an artist.

Welcome to all the new people and we're very glad to have you with us. The goal of the site is to honor all beliefs, have respect for all, and to exchange ideas and theories. We have several people who have a certain level of expertise in different subjects but none of us claim to have all the answers. As Oz mentioned, it's a personal journey for your own truth here.

Very much like family here and we welcome you as part of it!

Hi Goose, we are in northern Utah, not far from Salt Lake City. Skinwalker ranch is at least a half-day's drive from our place, in good weather. Long ways off. We have never been there but it's on our bucket list. My wife has been involved in this for a long time but only got me interested a few years ago. She has been recovering from a concussion suffered in a car accident three years ago so we tend to stay close to home. We have not seen any of the Blind Frog Ranch show, or if my wife has, she hasn't mentioned it to me. I haven't retired yet so don't have the free time that she does.
One place that really intrigues me is Buckhorn Draw, under the Wedge Overlook in south central Utah. There are incredible rock art paintings there, thousands of years old. We were there two years ago in daylight, and I could feel thousands of spirits watching us down in the draw, from all over the canyon. We were not welcome and it was palpable. We had no gear with us at the time, unfortunately. One day I want to return there with all the equipment. Native spirits are very different from those of settlers and people who came later, they have been around the area a lot longer and as one would imagine, there isn't a lot of sympathy for non-native investigators on land they consider stolen and despoiled.
Welcome to the forum

Reactions: GoneWestUtah