Do you have a prayer request?

He has gastroparesis. It's a partial paralysis of the stomach in which food isn't being properly digested. It can be treated with medications or surgery. He seemed a little tired, but he also seems to be making some progress. And he's walking again with the use of his walker. I hope we're finally seeing a turnaround, but it's still too early to tell. He still has a long way to go.

He has gastroparesis. It's a partial paralysis of the stomach in which food isn't being properly digested. It can be treated with medications or surgery. He seemed a little tired, but he also seems to be making some progress. And he's walking again with the use of his walker. I hope we're finally seeing a turnaround, but it's still too early to tell. He still has a long way to go.
Thanks for the update! I pray he will continue to improve.

Reactions: Lone Wolf
I hope so, but I also have my doubts that things will be the same as they were previously. He's going to have to want to get better. Do better. I just hope this is a WAKE-up call for him.
The hardest thing about having a parent with failing health is accepting that it is their choice to get better or not. All you can do is be the good son you are, to care about him and love him. Prayers will help with that.

My niece has that except full on, or something similiar. She is far too young and modern medicine has not been able to do anything about it.

The hardest thing about having a parent with failing health is accepting that it is their choice to get better or not. All you can do is be the good son you are, to care about him and love him. Prayers will help with that.
Most of it, I fear, is on him. He just threw in the towel and gave up and it all started when my mother died. He married just six months after her death to some woman he'd been talking to on FB of all places. He was lonely - I get it. But I can't fathom what he must have been going through during that time, after, and now. Two years later, they divorced and so began the slow, downward spiral.

But myself, my brother, sister, his brother and his friends - we don't have a clue. We're spectators on the outside looking in. And for the life of me, I've never known anyone in my 41 years here on Earth to just give up like he has. And TBH, I'm not even sure where to begin or if I can even do anything. If I could have traded places with my mother all those years ago, I would have. And I'd do the same for him. But he doesn't deserve this. Nobody does.

Most of it, I fear, is on him. He just threw in the towel and gave up and it all started when my mother died. He married just six months after her death to some woman he'd been talking to on FB of all places. He was lonely - I get it. But I can't fathom what he must have been going through during that time, after, and now. Two years later, they divorced and so began the slow, downward spiral.

But myself, my brother, sister, his brother and his friends - we don't have a clue. We're spectators on the outside looking in. And for the life of me, I've never known anyone in my 41 years here on Earth to just give up like he has. And TBH, I'm not even sure where to begin or if I can even do anything. If I could have traded places with my mother all those years ago, I would have. And I'd do the same for him. But he doesn't deserve this. Nobody does.
Saw it with my friend's dad. When his wife (my buddy's mom and super awesome lady) passed away, he just didn't know how to go on. My buddy moved back up here to take care of him but it was too late as his health just left. When people lose their significant other, it is something i don't think anyone can mend. I was far too young to see it happen to my great grandfather. All you can do is be there for them and support them as best as possible. I hope it turns out better for your dad LW.

Reactions: garnetsilver
He's been transferred out of the ICU and he's in another room. He seems to have made more headway since we saw him yesterday. He's moving around much better than he was, he's more alert, his voice is stronger but still a little weak, and he's now off his liquid diet and he's eating solid food again. We spent an hour with him today.