Do you have a prayer request?

Just got off the phone with the hospital. He's doing fine, but his proximal colon is dilated and he's going to do a consult with G.I. doctors to do a scope to determine the issue. He sounded very optimistic about it and that itself took a load off of my mind. I'd almost expected the worst.

Just got off the phone with the hospital. He's doing fine, but his proximal colon is dilated and he's going to do a consult with G.I. doctors to do a scope to determine the issue. He sounded very optimistic about it and that itself took a load off of my mind. I'd almost expected the worst.
Glad your dad is doing fine. When our parents get up in age, it can be a long road to face with illness. I have been going through same with my dad. All we can do is be supportive and keep as positive as we can.

good news Lone Wolf.

Reactions: garnetsilver
The hospital called me back a short time later with the same news I'd heard before except he was on a breathing machine because he just wasn't breathing well enough on his own after surgery. He was unsure of why, but some patients are slower to recover and that's probably the case here. They're going to gradually ween him off of it and see how he responds. Everyone here left their phones on overnight and they were silent, so that's a good sign to me.

The hospital called me back a short time later with the same news I'd heard before except he was on a breathing machine because he just wasn't breathing well enough on his own after surgery. He was unsure of why, but some patients are slower to recover and that's probably the case here. They're going to gradually ween him off of it and see how he responds. Everyone here left their phones on overnight and they were silent, so that's a good sign to me.
Praying all goes well Lone Wolf.

He's scheduled for a colonoscopy today. There wasn't a surgery, he had about four small incisions that were cut into his skin and they took a look with a scope. He's clean and so is his CT, but something is still wrong. Despite it, he seemed better than he was when we saw him Saturday. I just spoke with him over the phone and called to get the update via the ICU.

He's scheduled for a colonoscopy today. There wasn't a surgery, he had about four small incisions that were cut into his skin and they took a look with a scope. He's clean and so is his CT, but something is still wrong. Despite it, he seemed better than he was when we saw him Saturday. I just spoke with him over the phone and called to get the update via the ICU.
Sending prayers, Wolf. Please keep us updated.

Reactions: garnetsilver
Colonoscopy came back clean. They didn't see anything major, but he's now scheduled for an upper GI X-Ray tomorrow morning to see if they missed anything. The tube that was in his nose has been removed, and he's doing well on his clear liquid diet. We're going to see him tomorrow and Thursday.