9-23-2022 FRIDAY ! Live Chat

Main reason why in 'newer' homes, since they require electric/battery smokes throughout, we never put them on a separate circuit cause people turn it off when they begin beeping. They beep for a few reasons only, dead battery being one and that they are beginning to fail.
Had three of those long ago. We went with the battery kind a few years ago so I could place them where I wanted them. This house was built in 89 and they did a rotten job of placing them.
Humidity can also play a factor.
Yup! And sometimes even a wiff of smoke from the kitchen...not that I would burn anything but bacon will do it! lol

they did a rotten job of placing them.
The codes now specify required locations so that issue doesn't happen. Every so often we run into issues in very small bedrooms that have ceiling fans. You have to be so far from motor to be 'legal'. Messed up part is you have to be away from the walls for placement and some rooms are too small to get it lol. Also have to be 3ft from a register and return.

Reactions: Paintman
The codes now specify required locations so that issue doesn't happen. Every so often we run into issues in very small bedrooms that have ceiling fans. You have to be so far from motor to be 'legal'. Messed up part is you have to be away from the walls for placement and some rooms are too small to get it lol. Also have to be 3ft from a register and return.
None of that was accomplished in this house...lol Which is why I had a fireman friend years ago come over and show me where and how to place new ones. Now with oxygen tanks in the house, I have to really be aware of all flame. Call me a bit paranoid on this topic...lol