Is 'technical trouble' really the problem?

Do you think the evening's guest should be divulged ahead of time?

• Yes

Votes: 11 61.1%
  • 'No'ory

Votes: 7 38.9%

• Total voters
"i became a fan and friend of chuck harder."
I moved into the town where he had his show. Hoagland was once Chucks Science guy. Chuck had Stanton Friedman give an evening lecture in the rented schools auditorium and afterwards snacks etc. at the Telford Hotel where I got to talk to Stanton one-on-one.
wow! very nice to hear...since this is art's forum you can pm me if you'd like as chuck is still around, however really retired these days. if the truth be known chuck was responsible for a lot of careers! i have some insights as to his career, but again this forum is about art.

I too like a radio
hey paint! good 2 hear from you and of course kudos 2 the wonderful person/people that put our forum 2gether. ok 50 miles south of elk grove village (for out of towners station is in elk grove near o'hare) and i want 2 guess that the tower is out along rt 53 somewhere south but it's been a long time since i have been out that way puts you in joliet? either way glad 2 hear from another local. i am in chicago proper and the 820 am studio and tower is near blocks away! wxrt fm/score 670 am also close by. well i believe wind is salem broadcasting as i was trying to get chuck harder (remember him? many of these so called patriots took their lead from him!) on the station and chuck gave me their credentials to do so..never happened). i like the idea a lot and that is something that needs to be addressed to art's sales guy in alaska. oh btw- we get wind down here also. very few shows i like on there though since big john howell went to wls (know him he's all class!). amy and he worked their magic wonderfully in am drive! i loved how they played off each other, but do not know what happened there! money, money, money...i guess! in the meantime get yourself a little sw radio like a kaito digital or something on the cheap. that station out of nashville comes in really good. i just programmed the sw stations that art mentions on his site and click around to tune in to the best one up here! i have the tablet also, but i prefer the actual sound of a radio!....lately my biggest problem is falling asleep when uncle art comes on! i wait up, get in bed, tune in and then wake up to dead air! art is over and station has switched gears! haha! anyway we all love art and appreciate that he got back on the saddle! let him do it the way he wants to and sees fit for his lifestyle! i mean i could listen to him 7 days a week 4 hours a day, but that doesn't work for him!

I too like a real radio. WTWW is great most nights, however on a few nights the ionosphere was pulsing and phasing so fast that MITD just becomes unintelligible. Most nights WTWW comes booming in clearly however.
I have been able to get on the program about eight times so far. I was the last caller on Thursday 9/10/15 with Art and David Pares about the warp drive. I suggested that David operate his warp device right next to a Wilson Cloud Chamber to see if the warp field affected the subatomic particles made visible to a human within a Wilson Cloud Chamber.
I called in again on Friday 9/11/2015 and spoke to Art about the new PlasmonPolariton Icicle-Steam rocket drive that does not rely on combustion of fuels, but instead uses the weak nuclear force to provide acceleration or deceleration of spacecraft without creating any nuclear ionizing radiation.
Art has apparently modified his phone lines recently. The last two times i called in there was no ringing sounds. I thought at first that call did not go through, but i just hung on the silent line for about three minutes, and suddenly I started hearing the MITD program feed on my phone. So, knowing I was now in the que, I immediately turned down my WTWW shortwave "device." Then without any further call screening or signal to me whatsoever i heard a A440 "Chime" auto-cue as Art answered my call; and I instinctively began speaking "On-Air."

This same new process happened on 9/10/2015 and again on 9/11/2015 so I think Art has updated his call-in routing software.

So, when you call in you may well hear the same A440 "Chime" when Art answers your call, meaning you are now "On-The-Air."

With Best Regards,
PlasmonPolariton

Last edited:
I too like a radio
hey paint! good 2 hear from you and of course kudos 2 the wonderful person/people that put our forum 2gether. ok 50 miles south of elk grove village (for out of towners station is in elk grove near o'hare) and i want 2 guess that the tower is out along rt 53 somewhere south but it's been a long time since i have been out that way puts you in joliet? either way glad 2 hear from another local. i am in chicago proper and the 820 am studio and tower is near blocks away! wxrt fm/score 670 am also close by. well i believe wind is salem broadcasting as i was trying to get chuck harder (remember him? many of these so called patriots took their lead from him!) on the station and chuck gave me their credentials to do so..never happened). i like the idea a lot and that is something that needs to be addressed to art's sales guy in alaska. oh btw- we get wind down here also. very few shows i like on there though since big john howell went to wls (know him he's all class!). amy and he worked their magic wonderfully in am drive! i loved how they played off each other, but do not know what happened there! money, money, money...i guess! in the meantime get yourself a little sw radio like a kaito digital or something on the cheap. that station out of nashville comes in really good. i just programmed the sw stations that art mentions on his site and click around to tune in to the best one up here! i have the tablet also, but i prefer the actual sound of a radio!....lately my biggest problem is falling asleep when uncle art comes on! i wait up, get in bed, tune in and then wake up to dead air! art is over and station has switched gears! haha! anyway we all love art and appreciate that he got back on the saddle! let him do it the way he wants to and sees fit for his lifestyle! i mean i could listen to him 7 days a week 4 hours a day, but that doesn't work for him!

I too like a real radio. WTWW is great most nights, however on a few nights the ionosphere was pulsing and phasing so fast that MITD just becomes unintelligible. Most nights WTWW comes booming in clearly however.
I have been able to get on the program about eight times so far. I was the last caller on Thursday 9/10/15 with Art and David Pares about the warp drive. I suggested that David operate his warp device right next to a Wilson Cloud Chamber to see if the warp field affected the subatomic particles made visible to a human within a Wilson Cloud Chamber.
I called in again on Friday 9/11/2015 and spoke to Art aboyut the new PlasmonPolariton Icicle-Steam rocket drive that does not rely on combustion of fuels, but instead uses the weak nuclear force to provide acceleration or deceleration of spacecraft without creating any nuclear ionizing radiation.
Art has apparently modified his phone lines recently. The last two times i called in there was no ringing sounds. I thought at first that call did not go through, but i just hung on the silent line for about three minutes, and suddenly I started hearing the MITD program feed on my phone. So, knowing I was now in the que, I immediately turned down my WTWW shortwave "device." Then without any further call screening or signal to me whatsoever i heard a A440 "Chime" auto-cue as Art answered my call; and I instinctively began speaking "On-Air."

This same new process happened on 9/10/2015 and again on 9/11/2015 so I think Art has updated his call-in routing software.

So, when you call in you may well hear the same A440 "Chime" when Art answers your call, meaning you are now "On-The-Air."

With Best Regards,
PlasmonPolariton

Last edited:
Reactions: booksdates
cool and very good to hear that you got on the air with art! do you use your same handle as here? let us know as i would like to listen in if you call....also if you get an op, plug the forum here! it's well done and set up...imo... well for the last say few weeks the sw station out of nashville has not been the best herein chicago either! of course with the cubbies in the mix for the wild card play offs! oh yeah! and playing a lot of out of town west coast night games i have been busy! i know art had on a guest i remembered from the old chuck harder days. one of the ufo guys that does the reporting of the sightings....

good to hear from you, paint! sure ok so you want to stay 100 ish or under? gotcha let me tell you what i got and then what you might want to add to it for better reception. oh btw- plaz had it down on one of his posts in that even that nashville station has been coming and going lately, course with the cubbies in a world series position! whoa whoa! i have little time for other listening even our uncle artie! alright back to biz. this is what i have- kaito ka 29 want to say $40 bucks ish. there are 2 more kaito's on amazon for under 100 that i looked at. what i like about this little one i bought is you can add memory (separate mini slot) and also record on to that memory or even use a usb memory stick. so even though radio is old school of course, there are some newer minor techie things on this radio i like. btw- i like the kaito product. in the day i bought 2 smaller hand held radios (army green!). they were issued during the iraq war for our guys over there! sw, etc. anyway one of them broke down, i called and spoke with the head guy himself! (mr kaito?...well who knows) the main thing is they sent me another one free! keep in mind with this ka 29 it comes with no and i do mean no accessories! well a mini usb to a regular usb cable but still not the charging plug! you are going to need a long wire spool for any good sw. if the yo-yo antenna is still around go with one (never checked on amazon, the dude used to advertise on chuck harder and he may still be around so just google yo-yo antenna. the battery powered boost gadget he sold me was c**p though), easy to use and lots of long wire. or just make one easily. alligator clip and a piece of long wire. strip one side to the alligator and clip that to the telescopic fm antenna on the radio. w/o that you won't pick up much sw. for am far away i have always used a select-antenna (ccrane has them i believe), but they are kinda bulky and costly, however they do work wonders at night on those far away stations. i pick up cleveland, st louis, des monies, cinci and those are the only ones i have looked for so it works! let me know what you wind up with.

Reactions: Paintman and Firek
good to hear from you, paint! sure ok so you want to stay 100 ish or under? gotcha let me tell you what i got and then what you might want to add to it for better reception. oh btw- plaz had it down on one of his posts in that even that nashville station has been coming and going lately, course with the cubbies in a world series position! whoa whoa! i have little time for other listening even our uncle artie! alright back to biz. this is what i have- kaito ka 29 want to say $40 bucks ish. there are 2 more kaito's on amazon for under 100 that i looked at. what i like about this little one i bought is you can add memory (separate mini slot) and also record on to that memory or even use a usb memory stick. so even though radio is old school of course, there are some newer minor techie things on this radio i like. btw- i like the kaito product. in the day i bought 2 smaller hand held radios (army green!). they were issued during the iraq war for our guys over there! sw, etc. anyway one of them broke down, i called and spoke with the head guy himself! (mr kaito?...well who knows) the main thing is they sent me another one free! keep in mind with this ka 29 it comes with no and i do mean no accessories! well a mini usb to a regular usb cable but still not the charging plug! you are going to need a long wire spool for any good sw. if the yo-yo antenna is still around go with one (never checked on amazon, the dude used to advertise on chuck harder and he may still be around so just google yo-yo antenna. the battery powered boost gadget he sold me was c**p though), easy to use and lots of long wire. or just make one easily. alligator clip and a piece of long wire. strip one side to the alligator and clip that to the telescopic fm antenna on the radio. w/o that you won't pick up much sw. for am far away i have always used a select-antenna (ccrane has them i believe), but they are kinda bulky and costly, however they do work wonders at night on those far away stations. i pick up cleveland, st louis, des monies, cinci and those are the only ones i have looked for so it works! let me know what you wind up with.
Been looking for one of these, and the only brand I had ever heard any testimonials about is (of course) C-Crane. Thanks I'll be picking one of these guys up soon. Thanks Paint for askin'!

great! now bob crane @ ccrane is also knowledgeable and runs a great business! he has supported the real talkers for many years! what chuck harder used to do in the day is offer a real cheap sw just to get people to listen to his show! now he and i became acquainted after his retirement really and he gave me a few of those radios and i bought a few at his cost! nothing compared to the kaito product i mentioned and for forty bucks i have gotten a ton of free entertainment out of mine! it's entry level for sure but user friendly and not frustrating for someone who is starting out in sw listening. great little am and stereo fm as well. i have a few kaito products..that little am/fm pocket like 10 bucks and the 20 buck sw. both have served me well, however the later is a self tuning sw and that for me got frustrating. this kaito 29 is digital and no for those that may be thinking i work for the company, i don't! never did nor amazon btw!....as stated i am retired and glad to be there. radios as well as talk radio listening is just a great hobby! a friend in the middle of the night! that's what makes "the art" so successful! when i listen (like all) he makes me feel like we are just friends on the phone talking! that is a commodity that is not only sell able it's money in the bank!

Reactions: Debi
great! now bob crane @ ccrane is also knowledgeable and runs a great business! he has supported the real talkers for many years! what chuck harder used to do in the day is offer a real cheap sw just to get people to listen to his show! now he and i became acquainted after his retirement really and he gave me a few of those radios and i bought a few at his cost! nothing compared to the kaito product i mentioned and for forty bucks i have gotten a ton of free entertainment out of mine! it's entry level for sure but user friendly and not frustrating for someone who is starting out in sw listening. great little am and stereo fm as well. i have a few kaito products..that little am/fm pocket like 10 bucks and the 20 buck sw. both have served me well, however the later is a self tuning sw and that for me got frustrating. this kaito 29 is digital and no for those that may be thinking i work for the company, i don't! never did nor amazon btw!....as stated i am retired and glad to be there. radios as well as talk radio listening is just a great hobby! a friend in the middle of the night! that's what makes "the art" so successful! when i listen (like all) he makes me feel like we are just friends on the phone talking! that is a commodity that is not only sell able it's money in the bank!
It's funny, I was talking to my other half about the show, and she told me how weird it was that I talked about Art like I run into him in the supermarket or something. He's just got that effect. I keep reading that shortwave is the the best way to listen to him.