Is 'technical trouble' really the problem?

Do you think the evening's guest should be divulged ahead of time?

• Yes

Votes: 11 61.1%
  • 'No'ory

Votes: 7 38.9%

• Total voters
well like most that go after that "gold ring" or want to play "star" in the big game there are temptations. too numerous to mention here, however yes i have a list that would be many of "acts" or "artists" or even "talent" that started off so, so right (pure energy, entertainment value, talent, delivery, audience "likability", etc) that wound up as caricatures of their former selves! when money is involved, people's heads get turned very easily. sometimes the very thing that got the public to take notice dissipates because the money wants it done a certain way. by then "the talent" bought a huge house with land, cars and starts to believe their own bs that they can do nothing but go along with the plan! if they don't the money power will take all of that fame and fortune away!
Exactly
then all the yes men appear to share the wealth and assure the demise.
PLasmon

Reactions: booksdates
So anyone think there's a new affiliate yet?
Yes _X_
'No'ory ___

New Stations for MITD
Starting in Dec KFMB SanDiego/La
Starting early October:
KFRH Fm 100KW Las Vegas 104.3...
KBET 760AM Las Vegas
KTKN 930AM Ketchikan, AK
KLZ 560 AM Denver, CO 5KW
WDCD 1540 Albany, NY 50KW
And so it begins, this is how we take
back the night. Please call your local station and request MITD but make sure it is not the station that carries that other show but instead the competition.
Art

wow! plaz 4 get about calling! you should contact art's producer and be a guest! unfortunate but i missed last nite....again with the best of intentions i tuned in on the sw station out of nashville and fell fast asleep...usually to wake up just prior to him signing off.
Hey Books Lynnette Shaw just backed down the Feds!
What a lady.
Same Girl with the Ska Band, just won a Landmark Medical Marijana legal case!

Major victory for marijuana dispensary in federal court
By David Downs on October 19, 2015 at 7:23 PM
Lawful medical cannabis operators across America scored a major victory in federal court today.
United States District Judge Charles R. Breyer (Not US Sup Ct Stephen Breyer) ordered the lifting of an injunction against
one of California’s oldest lawful dispensaries, the Marin Alliance for Medical Marijuana.
Judge Breyer ruled that newly enacted Congressional law — the Rohrabacher-Farr Amendment — prevents the government from prosecuting the Fairfax-based Marin Alliance for Medical Marijuana, and its founder Lynette Shaw.
The ruling in the United States District Court for the Northern District of California will have far-reaching legal impact,
attorneys say.

The medical cannabis industry in California and beyond has faced a federal crackdown since 2011. Major dispensaries
Harborside Health Center and Berkeley Patients Group both face pending federal forfeiture actions.
In December, Congress de-funded the Justice Department’s war on medical marijuana in the states. Howver, the Justice
Department has been narrowly interpreting Congressional law to continue the crackdown.
The law’s authors contend Justice is breaking Congressional law by going after state-legal cannabis activity.
In June, Shaw’s attorney Greg Anton motioned for the Court to dissolve the injunction against Shaw, citing the new
Rohrabacher-Farr Amendment (Section 538).

Judge Breyer ruled, “the plain reading of [Congressional law] forbids the Department of Justice from enforcing this
injunction against MAMM to the extent that MAMM operates in compliance with state California law.”
Judge Breyer ruled WAMM had been complying extensively with state law.
“The mayor of the Town of Fairfax [stated] MAMM was operating as a model business in careful compliance with its local use
permit in a ‘cooperative and collaborative relationship’ with the community,” Breyer noted in his ruling.
Judge Breyer’s ruling hands a shield to every state-legal pot shop facing federal action, lawyers state.
It sets a precedent that will likely chill federal prosecutors eyeing state-legal medical cannabis enterprises, said the law
office of attorney Robert Raich, through a spokesperson.
“We finally have a federal judge who is taking the authors of the spending amendment seriously when they say the intent and
its wording should be interpreted so that the federal government should not be spending resources prosecuting
complying with state law. It represents a major setback for the Department of Justice, which had hoped Rohrabacher-Farr would be interpreted far more
narrowly.

“I’m very happy and I’m very relieved that I will get to return to my life’s work,” Shaw said.
Shaw said the case is precedent-setting. A federal judge has ruled Congressional law means what it was intended to mean
— the war on medical cannabis is over, she said.
“We won the war,” she said. “And I’m the first POW to be released.”
Shaw said she’s suffered greatly at the hands of the federal government. U.S. Attorney Melinda Haag closed the Marin
Alliance in 2011. It was considered the oldest lawful state dispensary to close in the crackdown.
The dispensary had about 9,000 patients at its peak.

The action will not result in the immediate return of MAMM, Shaw said. “If I had a door to open, I would,” she said
Here’s the press release straight from Shaw and her attorney:

SHAW DECISION STANDS AS FEDS WITHDRAW APPEAL
18 years of civil litigation comes to an end against Lynnette Shaw over her permit to sell medical marijuana
The close of 18 years of Federal civil litigation came with a mere 2 sentences on April 12, 2016. The signal is loud and
clear: the war against medical marijuana is coming to an end…medical marijuana won!
In June, 2015, Lynnette Shaw and her attorney Greg Anton filed for relief from a permanent injunction against distributing
medical marijuana. In October, 2015, a Federal judge issued a scathing decision, affirming Shaw’s right to act in
accordance with California law.
Then the Federal government appealed. Today, the 9th Circuit Court dismissed the appeal.
This is the first time a federal court has specifically allowed a person to distribute medical marijuana without federal
interference.
“I’m relieved that the vindictive persecution has ended,” said Ms. Shaw. “I’m thrilled to return to the industry I helped
create.”
Ms. Shaw has received honors and awards for her achievements in pioneering medical marijuana and licensed dispensaries.

In June, 1997, Fairfax, Ca, Ms. Shaw and The Marin Alliance for Medical Marijuana created the first-in-the-nation regulated
dispensary to sell medical marijuana.

Technically, it’s the law in Northern California under the jurisdiction of Breyer’s court,” Anton said.
“As far as precedent, it’s the only case like this.

It’s the first ruling that’s happened like this.
It will be cited all over the country.”

North Coast dispensary owners who have been watching the case were pleased to hear the outcome.

John Sugg, founder of Sonoma Patient Group dispensary on Cleveland Avenue in Santa Rosa, said it could help dispensaries in Mendocino County and Berkeley where the government still appears to be pressing its cases.

“It’s really good news for Northern California and the state in general,” Sugg said.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: NobleHouse and Debi