Is 'technical trouble' really the problem?

Do you think the evening's guest should be divulged ahead of time?

• Yes

Votes: 11 61.1%
  • 'No'ory

Votes: 7 38.9%

• Total voters

George Nada

Reaction score
Just curious but this is not the first time Art has been left hanging. I noticed that this forum gave a full day's advance notice of the guest yesterday. Not to be a conspiracy theorist but is there some nefarious Noory going on behind the scenes?

While I like looking forward to tonight's show as much as anyone - I can't help but think until Art has gained his footing and returned he-who-shall-not-be-named-lest-I-fall-asleep's audience back down to the size of a really boring pizza roll that's mostly filler where it belongs, guests should be a closely guarded secret up until airtime. Of course there's always an exception that proves the rule; if Art gets Donald Trump or some other un-poachable person of interest that's a huge draw, sound the alarm - but if it's any cross pollinating talent who could be threatened, bribed or intimidated by ClearCattle's considerable resources, I say keep it under your hat.

Just my .02

Just curious but this is not the first time Art has been left hanging. I noticed that this forum gave a full day's advance notice of the guest yesterday. Not to be a conspiracy theorist but is there some nefarious Noory going on behind the scenes?

While I like looking forward to tonight's show as much as anyone - I can't help but think until Art has gained his footing and returned he-who-shall-not-be-named-lest-I-fall-asleep's audience back down to the size of a really boring pizza roll that's mostly filler where it belongs, guests should be a closely guarded secret up until airtime. Of course there's always an exception that proves the rule; if Art gets Donald Trump or some other un-poachable person of interest that's a huge draw, sound the alarm - but if it's any cross pollinating talent who could be threatened, bribed or intimidated by ClearCattle's considerable resources, I say keep it under your hat.

Just my .02
I am leaning to ward technical problems, as this emerging technology is still sort of new. Additionally, the user load and demands on the system as a unit is growing as fast if not faster than the technology can evolve and adapt. Note how last night Art referenced Skype as "throwing up its hands" with the number of incoming calls.

Debi perhaps you could make these comments a new sticky thread.

If we can help Art bypass the corporate content syndicates that dominate the media we can help Art thrive.
It is in our own enlightened best interest too!

There certainly are many forces at work to saw off the limb that Art crawled out on to pioneer a new mass-media show that bypasses the big syndicates and media networks.

WE need to do all we can to aid Art Bell in maximizing market penetration even if we need to become Ad-Hoc network ISPs ourselves. We should do this to empower ourselves as well as Art by emulating his lead, and empowering ourselves to replace and defeat the media corprortocracy that seeks to steal and silence our own most powerful voices.

On Monday 3 August 2015 A scheduled guest failed to appear.

It worked out OK

I enjoyed the extra open lines.

There were a lot more callers too. Art put me on hold for nearly and hour, but came back during a break and asked me to do a chore for him, which I happily did, before we talked about the Patterned Light Experiments, and how patterned light from the new LCD monitor designs can cause unexpected transparent secondary visual fields.

Art also let me talk tech with him, some of which I am sure was boring to most folks but he listened nonetheless.

We also talked about the fact that the Midnight In The Desert program was not really totally free, even for non-subscribers because, at least in the US and Canada, we pay some of the highest costs per GB in the world due to the monopolies that keep buying up huge hunks of the UHF spectrum that rightfully the citizen have always owned..

As the calculator and GB cost charts below clearly show, streaming MITD and the DMDN are not “Free” as the GB data plan cost are significant and add up quickly when streaming long audio programs, but are not as bandwidth intensive as video and online gaming.

We also talked about the fact that US citizens are about to be stripped of the last remaining parts of the UHF TV spectrum , which is about to repackaged and sold to the very same big Telecom monopolies who already own most of it.

People need to wake up, and stop this broadband theft of spectrum the US Citizens have owned since 1952 before it is stolen from them completely and gone forevermore.

Luckily, a lot of the people did speak up and Google helped, in 2009-2011 to preserve the White Spaces Internet for the people to use. But the bad news, folks is that the spectrum thieve wolfs are at the door again trying to steal it back from We The People!

I know it is a lot to ask from a sleep-deprived crowd like this , but please Wake Up and read this:

Craig Settles, Gigabit Nation

Jul. 15, 2012 - 2:30 PM PDT

The discussion of wired and wireless broadband often takes on the righteous aura of a holy war. Devotees of one camp or the other are adamant that theirs is the only true religion in the national effort to get broadband everywhere it needs to be.

Perhaps proponents of TV white space and other unlicensed spectrum technology can inject rational dialog into the broadband discussion. This technology can offer valuable short-term benefits while integrating with fiber for strong, long-term solutions. It may be the compromise that helps get faster broadband to rural America.

White spaces broadband as an unlicensed peacemaker

TV white spaces are the spaces on the TV dial that don’t carry TV channels. This set of frequencies is very good for moving wireless and mobile data, allowing for cheaper and better networks. The signals travel further using less energy, so network operators spend a less on equipment for standard deployments. Signals penetrate walls, leaves and other obstacles that stifle traditional Wi-Fi bands.

This technology potentially can move significant amounts of data at high speeds (estimates range between 10 Mbps and 40 Mbps), and TV white space is unlicensed, which eliminates the cost of acquiring licensed spectrum. Further savings are possible because the infrastructure likely will require fewer radios than mesh networks.

Because rural areas typically have lots of unused TV white space, they’re fertile fields for technology that capitalizes on unlicensed spectrum. Cost per performance also is favorable since small towns and rural communities have relatively small populations (a.k.a. potential subscribers) that challenge the return on investment when broadband deployment costs are high.

Plasmon Says:

What is the wolf at the door?

SEE:
https://www.fcc.gov/document/broadcast-television-spectrum-incentive-auction-nprm

The rise of social media and streaming media, have caused a vast increase in bandwidth consumption and Data GB usage by humans.

What this means is we are willingly feeding the Big Telcom monopoly wolves, who have already become filthy rich by ripping us off with way too expensive data plans that sell us $6-$10 Gigabytes that are worth perhaps $0.50 to $1 per GB.

So these Telco Monopolies who have suddenly grown so rich off the smart-phone, social media and Internet streaming revenues are now ready to pay-off the feds, the US Congress and the National Association of Broadcasters and the existing UHF TV station owners with so much cash that the UHF TV stations will say: “Well then. why should we bust our butts coming into work everyday to produce local news sports and weather and broadcast TV programs for our audience, when big Telco will pay us more money that we could ever make in our lives to turn the station broadcast license back over to the FCC, Shutter our doors for good wreck the tower, dismantle the transmitter, and retire early with a king’s ransom.”

That is what’s about to happen now.

You are about to eaten by a wolf that you have eagerly overpaid for it to become rich and powerful enough for it to now, legally do so.

In 2012 the US FCC handed each American a huge gift of UHF TV Spectrum almost 400 MHz wide that Americans in rural areas can use to become their own Internet Service Providers and stop paying confiscatory GB fees to the big city Telco Monopolies. The big city Telco Monopolies already own outright almost all the licensed UHF spectrum in the cities, that were previously taken back from you by the FCC and Sold, Not Leased.

Most of the UHF TV slots in cities are already filled up.

Spectrum is like real estate.

There is only so much of it and when scarce the price keeps going up.

That is why the Big Telco Monopoly wolves are coming to eat you by stealing your little remaining UHF spectrum that you never knew that you already owned (since 1952).

Unless you act real soon now, to stop them, they will, in fact succeed.

Once they do they will have you right where they want you.

Rotating on their skewer and roasting while they slather you with the special social media sauce.

If someone handed you the cash equivalent of the value of your remaining shred of UHF spectrum, would you be way too busy texting and downloading or streaming some cool new tunes to be bothered to stop long enough to count the cash and try to figure how to stash all that pesky cash in your few available pockets?

That means that right now, we need to turn the social media tables on the Big Bad Telco Monopoly Wolves.

How?

You have to start actually using your Free-to-Air UHF unlicensed publicly-owned Spectrum Bandwidth Grant, now and then steadfastly refuse to ever surrender it to the wolves that are at your door.

You had better start using it very soon, too.

Then tell the FCC that you will not tolerate the permanent sale, at auction to the
Big Bad Telco Monopoly Wolves, of the unlicensed people-owned spectrum that you are now already privately using for Internet access, to bypass the Big Bad Telco Monopoly Wolves.

If you don’t, it will be gobbled up. Then once the fat cats own it they will sell that same GB bandwidth back to you at very high prices, as if you never once already owned it for free.

Its still yours - - - use it or loose it.

Stop feeding the wolf now, or become Big Bad Wolf's chow-for-life.

Then the Big Telco monopoly wolves will have their way with you.

They will be free to charge $200 per GB, to let you use the same spectrum they legally stole from you and stifle your freedom to communicate forevermore.

So much for the much sought alleged “Net Neutrality” you can no longer afford.

So then, I urge the fans of Art Bell to help make Art Bell’s new Midnight In The Desert Program, and Art’s Dark Matter Digital Network a great success so Art can grow his new business plan and pioneer a newly prosperous paradigm of perpetual philosophical paranormal programming.

Please, just ask me How.

With Best Regards,
PlasmonPolariton
Libertalien from the Pleiades Star Cluster

Attachments

• Dark-Matter-Digital-Network-Bandwidth-GB-Per-Month_COSTS_ISPs-Compared_PNG.png
    Dark-Matter-Digital-Network-Bandwidth-GB-Per-Month_COSTS_ISPs-Compared_PNG.png
    428.1 KB · Views: 268
Last edited:
Reactions: 7Critter