Build a Beach

As long as there are no camels.

I also love Turkish food. There was a Turkish restaurant just outside Heathrow that had amazing food. I was usually the only non-Turk in there. I got to be pretty tight with one of the waitresses, she called "Mr American Guy." The Duke charm again......
haha. oh yes. Istanbul is a culinary wonderland.

haha. oh yes. Istanbul is a culinary wonderland.
every time I go there (I think 4x) I take an eating tour of the city. By the end of the tour we are all on all 4's in the grass barfing like a dog from too much food. #WORTHIT

Have you had this ...
A local favorite ,much better than it sounds. Whenever I ordered it,the room went quiet like an old Western.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lynne and Debi
As long as there are no camels.

I also love Turkish food. There was a Turkish restaurant just outside Heathrow that had amazing food. I was usually the only non-Turk in there. I got to be pretty tight with one of the waitresses, she called "Mr American Guy." The Duke charm again......
ok now you hurt their feelings...they are taking their camels and dipping out.
1691430503671.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll be Jad's pool boy. I figure she'll tip well and I know the stories will be hilarious. I draw the line at performing similar duties for visiting Bedouins and their camels, however.
are you ok with Turks? View attachment 50274
damn, i miss Istanbul (not Constantinople ) The
I actually went to bartending school, it was a two week course and I got my mixology certificate. I've never worked as a bartender but I have acted in a bartender capacity and numerous friends parties since then. One of my wife's friends threw a party and asked if I would be willing to use my bartender abilities, I said "sure" so she went to the liquor store and bought about $500 worth of various alcohols. When we showed up she pointed at the multiple shelves of booze and said "All of that is just for you". I was the most loved person at the party that night, and the most hated the next day when everyone had hangovers.

I'm also willing to to go out on the boat and catch fresh fish for the menu.
Fishing for fresh fish is nice alliteration and an all- around great idea. Another talent I'd like to have,mixologist.

Reactions: Lynne
I spent a very pleasant afternoon at a swim up bar in a resort in Jamaica talking to a beautiful young Belgian woman. Forty minutes or so into the conversation, I asked if she was traveling alone. No, she said, she was on her honeymoon and her newly minted husband was in their room watching the World Cup!

By the time Mrs Duke, who had been lying along the pool nearby working on her tan, joined us, we were both totally sloshed, absolutely bombed. When it was time to change for dinner, Mrs Duke insisted we walk her to her room. As she was fumbling with the key in the door, it was opened by a huge guy with lots of both muscles and tattoos. I was very glad Mrs Duke was there.

We wound eating breakfast with them the next morning. He was a cop and she was a social worker. Lovely people.
see...that's how ya do it! Good job!

Reactions: Duke