You are getting sleepy....

I've been going through that for the past two weeks! It seems that pain will wake me and then I must just lie there, suffering. Sometimes the pain is all along the side of my body that touches the bed; not fair! If I switch sides, the other side starts to ache, then I might as well give up on sleep. Such fun in the golden years!
Sounds like you need some healing sent as well garnet, it's on the way :).

I've been going through that for the past two weeks! It seems that pain will wake me and then I must just lie there, suffering. Sometimes the pain is all along the side of my body that touches the bed; not fair! If I switch sides, the other side starts to ache, then I might as well give up on sleep. Such fun in the golden years!
aging sucks

I often struggle to sleep well and always have, but the worst was after that first Covid nightmare which nearly finished me. I had to retrain to sleep only on my front, because if I rolled over I'd start suffocating as my lungs couldn't take the extra weight. I'd wake up in a state of panic already having gone without oxygen and there was no help. I'm amazed and very grateful that I recovered from that. I thought it was for life and that that life would not be long. A dark time.

I often struggle to sleep well and always have, but the worst was after that first Covid nightmare which nearly finished me. I had to retrain to sleep only on my front, because if I rolled over I'd start suffocating as my lungs couldn't take the extra weight. I'd wake up in a state of panic already having gone without oxygen and there was no help. I'm amazed and very grateful that I recovered from that. I thought it was for life and that that life would not be long. A dark time.
I am so sorry you went through that, and I can relate. As someone with a severe lung disease, I cannot sleep on my back either. And you are right...it is much like suffocating because it actually IS! The lungs have to work twice as hard when you are on your back. And face it, when you can't breathe, nothing else matters in that moment.

Sending you love and hoping for better times for you ahead.

Don't hate me, but I usually don't have trouble falling asleep. I let my body tell me when its time for bed and don't fight it. Sometimes its midnight, sometimes 8 pm. If in the mid day, I get sleepy, I take a nap.
Ditto. Being on a cpap, I sleep very well.....I nap often as well.

Don't hate me, but I usually don't have trouble falling asleep. I let my body tell me when its time for bed and don't fight it. Sometimes its midnight, sometimes 8 pm. If in the mid day, I get sleepy, I take a nap.
Same. If, a big if. I usually fall asleep quick and stay asleep because I like to physically work hard, or work out when rained out.
If there is too much sugar, caffeine, or any alcohol - forget it. That'll wreck my sleep for days.
And if I physically overdo it, the arthritis kicks up, and sleep is hard.

So it's all a balancing act.

And thankfully, Little Joe is no longer an attention starved kitten, and C2C is no longer interesting or entertaining. So no real reason to lose sleep.

Speaking for me, when I get sleep right, everything else falls into place.

So glad you came through that.