Who has what?

I am not sure that most of the precognizant abilities are really all that rare. I suspect that most are born with the ability but more or less lose it in childhood. When a kid tells you something strange and you accuse them of making up stories you may be teaching them to ignore a very real and really useful ability. Over time kids become psychically deaf because of this. Kids will believe whatever you tell them and if you tell them that they CAN'T ever get an idea about what is going to happen in the future they will believe you.

I suspect that a lot of the strange things that kids often say or tell you about maybe misunderstood by the adult, or maybe well understood but denied, bits of precognition. I suspect that my "abilities" are probably actually very normal abilities. I had a very strong, undeniable experience when I was very young. This allowed me to carry it on despite my Mom not liking me to talk about that kind of thing. She didn't doubt me, she was just worried that if I talked about it that people would not understand. Her strong reaction to my peeking into the future at times made me feel that it was somehow wrong and dirty. (I was a very obnoxious little boy so her disapproval made me even more interested in it! LOL")

The ability to see glimpses into the future is sort of a talent that you can polish. It is like learning how to talk and "hear" a whisper on a factory floor where the noise level is out of this world. I worked for years in a shipyard machine shop. It was always funny when they would hire a new guy and he was deaf as a post. Over time though he would learn how to hear over and through the other sounds. This is part lip reading and part making an understandable sentence out of bits and pieces that you managed to hear.

You filter out the white noise and then slowly you begin to hear and after a year or two, you will find yourself talking away with someone with all that loud noise and often earplugs in to protect your hearing. I think that the glimpses that I see are like a whisper in a loud room. They are very easy to ignore or tune out and once you do you become deaf to that.

It is HARD to reprogram your mind to sense things that you have ignored since you were a little kid. Something that was so easy and natural then has been muted to the point that now you have to struggle to find it. Basically, when you were a kid you were taught that anything that you sense that others don't see, hear, smell or feel is just your imagination. In some ways, it is harder to tune it back in than it was to tune it out.

Your brain is bombarded constantly with an almost infinite amount of information. As you drive down the road you SEE every sign, every car license plate number, every bird that is sitting on a wire. It filters nearly all of this out so that your conscious mind can focus on the important things like that cray cray fool behind you that seems to want to ram you in the rear bumper.

The soft nearly silent odd abilities are like a piece of paper on your desk. You can pick it up and read it any time that you want to but once you toss it into the trash it starts to fade. You may or may not be able to ever recover the memory or the paper once you throw it away. The physical act of throwing it in the trash made your brain filter it out as unimportant and you forget it fast no matter how many times you had looked at it.

Relearning to do the things that you were born to do naturally as a child is kind of like trying to remember that telephone number that was on that piece of paper that you threw away. It is still there, somewhere in your memory...but you can't find it.

The psychic abilities are not loud. They are like whispers in a loud room. Once you focus on them you can hear them but if you are not listening you never hear the whisper.

My periodic peeks are often just an instant of feeling sometimes accompanied by a quick glance at a picture. If I don't jump on it and focus on it, within a minute or two it is lost and gone forever.

Once I had a flash of a loud bang and me going down on my motorcycle. What the heck did it mean? I don't KNOW because I acted on what I thought it might mean and it never happened. I left work and went home early on my bike. We were having a labor problem at the time and there was a wildcat strike going on. About the only people at work were the bosses and the union representatives. As a union steward, I HAD to go to work because they had an injunction against it on the union and if I didn't go I would be held in contempt of court. I left early. That night some ashhat took a shot at the cars as they left work... Was I warned? Might I have caught a bullet? I don't know because I WASN'T there!!!

I think the following is an example of being clairvoyant. I was about fifteen, and busy in the kitchen of our home. My mother had gone to the store, and my younger siblings were out playing somewhere. I heard a car slam on its brakes somewhere in the distance, and without realizing it I had dropped everything and went running down the street. When I got to the corner, I saw that my younger brother had been hit by a car.

I don't remember what made me so sure that those squealing brakes had anything to do with me, but such a terrible foreboding rushed over me, along with a series of images and I knew one of my family had been hurt.
Oh wow. I hope he was ok?

The psychic abilities are not loud. They are like whispers in a loud room. Once you focus on them you can hear them but if you are not listening you never hear the whisper.
Hey TD, I agree with your description of “not loud” at least as far as precognition / premonitions go. I describe my own precognitive experiences as information which I perceive between conscious thoughts because I never seemed to have had a precognitive event interrupt my purposeful thoughts.

On the other hand, I’ve had plenty of telepathic and empathic receipts which seemed to break through to be noticed regardless of what my focus was on at that moment. I think the difference could be that (for me) precognitive thoughts are not urgent - they are not immediate - so they bubble to the top of my mind only when my mind is not already occupied. On the other hand, telepathy and empathy are “concurrent” - I know and feel what someone else knows or feels at the exact same moment that second person knows or feels something.

Reactions: garnetsilver
I also sometimes get words I don't know, including words in other languages which post internet turn out to be actual words and names I don't know which sometimes relate to things I've been puzzling over. So when I started researching early Christianity I got names which led down new avenues and provided information relevant to what I was researching. For instance waking up with a word in my head and finding it was the name of an early heretic or another figure from the first couple of centuries. I always had this, but before the internet I had no way to find out what it meant, so it was wasted.
I get music I don't know from real life all the time.
BENWAY!!!! Hiya

Hey TD, I agree with your description of “not loud” at least as far as precognition / premonitions go. I describe my own precognitive experiences as information which I perceive between conscious thoughts because I never seemed to have had a precognitive event interrupt my purposeful thoughts.

On the other hand, I’ve had plenty of telepathic and empathic receipts which seemed to break through to be noticed regardless of what my focus was on at that moment. I think the difference could be that (for me) precognitive thoughts are not urgent - they are not immediate - so they bubble to the top of my mind only when my mind is not already occupied. On the other hand, telepathy and empathy are “concurrent” - I know and feel what someone else knows or feels at the exact same moment that second person knows or feels something.
A brilliant interpretation ! I think you should save this somewhere.