Who has what?

BEING A PARANORMAL FORUM, WE HAVE PEOPLE WITH SOME "SKILLS"!

WHO HAS WHAT?
View attachment 33130
Debi, do you think these abilities are all really separate or do you agree more along the lines of some belief systems that opening the third eye will allow more control, acceptance, and use of all of them. i know that breaking them down into certain areas and categories is a simple way of understanding them, but ive always felt as though they are all connected and can only be controlled once that is observed or understood. ( of course, an individual may rely on one or two as dominates but i think the others still come into play along the line at times....if that makes much sence...)

Debi, do you think these abilities are all really separate or do you agree more along the lines of some belief systems that opening the third eye will allow more control, acceptance, and use of all of them. i know that breaking them down into certain areas and categories is a simple way of understanding them, but ive always felt as though they are all connected and can only be controlled once that is observed or understood. ( of course, an individual may rely on one or two as dominates but i think the others still come into play along the line at times....if that makes much sence...)
Oooh, I like that question.

Reactions: Paulm
Claircognisance.

Mine seems to manifest more in the form of exceptional problem-solving skills. I can usually come up with a solution to a problem, which I have done countless times in the workplace, without really having to think about it. I use to refer to it as 'the knack'.

As an example, I use to work for Warner Howard Group many, many moons ago, working on industrial cleaning systems as a field engineer. I was called out to a commercial laundrette client once who was having a problem with one of their gas-fired driers. Turned out that their digital control panel had failed. The client could not afford for the unit to be left out of commission, and we could not get a replacement for 4 weeks. So, without really thinking about it too much, I made a temporary replacement panel out of wood and nails that worked by shorting out LV (low voltage) circuits by use of a metal bar. It was crude but kept the client running until the replacement arrived.

I won three awards that month from Warner Howard, including engineer of the month, and a number of articles about the unit built were published in a number of engineering magazines. The unit was removed upon the new official replacement being fitted, and my device was taken to the company's headquarters in Harrow, London where it remains on display to this very day.

Great question, Paul. As I've gotten older, it's become very clear to me that we all have all of them. I know the Muggles will not believe this, but I really feel it's true. I've seen people who have shown no abilities suddenly have them, normally as they've gotten older or something major occurs in their life. My husband had none until he was at death's door after his accident. Since then his own gifts have emerged.

I believe sometimes people don't recognize them for what they are as well. I hear a lot of "it was just a nudge" or "I kinda felt like..." or "I thought I heard/saw/felt".

I agree with that "opening up" theory you present. And although some may be dominant in our usage, the other ones are present and may be sensed in a more subtle manner.

I also feel there is another kind of gift....some who don't sense things but are catalysts for others. Think of these people as "boosters" for others senses. I know of at least one member here who I believe is such a person. Just by their own energy they tend to trigger or boost other's clairs or sometimes even ground people who are in a hyper state of awareness.

Great question, Paul. As I've gotten older, it's become very clear to me that we all have all of them. I know the Muggles will not believe this, but I really feel it's true. I've seen people who have shown no abilities suddenly have them, normally as they've gotten older or something major occurs in their life. My husband had none until he was at death's door after his accident. Since then his own gifts have emerged.
About three years ago, my niece went through an exceptionally trying time. Within three months she got married, her cat of fourteen years died, she had a miscarriage, and finally her husband died suddenly of a heart attack. After that, she started experiencing gifts that she hadn't noticed before; precognitive dreams, being plagued by strange beings in her room at night, etc.

BTW Paul, great question!

Reactions: ozentity and Paulm
I'm not sure which of those 16 cylinder words describe what I experience. I have sometimes known something is going to happen before it does and I have no logical way of knowing this. Sometimes it comes in the form of a vision and sometimes it is just a strong feeling that can't be ignored. In the case of those "feelings" either sometimes they are just warnings and I avoid the situation based on that feeling OR was it nothing but indigestion?

I sometimes seem to get a peek into things. I have known a couple of times that someone was going to die. I will think about someone and the phone will ring and it is them. Another thing is when I suddenly think about somebody that I have not seen in a long long time and then run into them the next day or two.

I think that most people have these things but when they are kids if they say anything they are laughed at or in my case griped at and told not to say things like that. My Mom had issues with things like this and I learned young to keep things to myself. Other less rockheaded kids might turn it off and believe that it is like imaginary friends. I suspect that a lot of those are actual beings that kids can see and interact with but eventually they are forced to set them aside.

I'm not sure what exactly reality is. Most people work on a sort of group belief that means that you see the reality that you are taught to see. Kids are not born with limitations and so seem to see and interact with a lot of things that adults say are their imagination.

I try not to question things that I seem to sense without a logical reason to feel, see, know, or feel. On a lot of occasions, I have bailed out of a situation because I just didn't FEEL like it was a good place to be or thing to be doing. Most of the time I never know what might have happened if I had not done this BUT there have been enough times that something bad DID happen and I escaped because I moved out before it happened.

PS: I used to mess with dice and occasionally had REALLY strange runs or predicting what was going to come up or rolling the same number a dozen times in a row. I was never sure if those runs were caused by me sensing the future or was I in some way affecting the dice. Sometimes I seem to feel material things. At times I can make a compass swing without touching it. ????????? LOL, If I could do this more often I would be on my way to Las Vegas....no such luck though.

Last edited:
Clairol. Clear hair.

I'm a muggle. I got nothin'.
Me too lol.
Although I can’t claim any super powers I will say I have had the occasional event of odd things occurring around me. I have experienced apports (objects appearing and disappearing ), also odors of various things that are not present. Because others experience these events with me, I can’t claim any personal relationship.

Last edited:
ive seen this too with ppl as they have matured more or been in situations of major occurrences in their lives. i also ( as i earlier stated ) feel as though we have access to all of these "abilities". just learning what they are or how to use them or understand them is the hard part for most ppl.

I believe sometimes people don't recognize them for what they are as well. I hear a lot of "it was just a nudge" or "I kinda felt like..." or "I thought I heard/saw/felt".

i think this is true for a lot of ppl. along with including some ppl who know they have some sort of ability. i think that a lot of ppl will pass it off as a "nudge" or "feeling" out of fear of what they are experiancing. its easier to downplay it instead of facing it head on for some. i think in a lot of ways its just trying to forget about it or let it go for some ppl. which is good in a way if they are not ready or have no interest in following where it may lead.
I never believed in "fate" or "destiny" in my younger years until one day i realized "fate" was in full control...lol..and always had been.
Ive always just gone where im led. its been a cool journey and taken me to a lot of places and met lots of ppl along the way, but until or unless you are willing to give in fully you will never know what lies ahead for you in this life. ive found if you pick up on ppls feelings, hurt, pain, or any other senses, its there for a purpose, if you accept that and allow the wind to lead you, you may be able to make a difference in the outcome for someone, even its just One Kind Word they need to hear...... sounds kinda silly i guess, huh?.... But that is how it works for me.
I also feel there is another kind of gift....some who don't sense things but are catalysts for others. Think of these people as "boosters" for others senses. I know of at least one member here who I believe is such a person. Just by their own energy they tend to trigger or boost other's clairs or sometimes even ground people who are in a hyper state of awareness.

i think ive mentioned before of the ability to project energy that is possible for empaths at a more advanced level. though some can also do this unknowingly at a beginner level, usually due to just not knowing...lol.... actually, im sure there is more to it than that ...lol., such as their attitude and clearness or purity... being a good person with good morals or thoughts. a good aura. but yeah i agree with this too. and think that they do have abilities, just in a different way than the more common ones or interpretation of them.