When was the last time you tried a new food? What was it?

Well, I've not yelled at Surge yet for posting a food thread!!
I noticed! I assumed I had caught you on a good day!
f_run.gif

I went out for Thai food last Saturday. I hadn't had any in a while since good Thai restaurants are hard to find, but this place had a great chef.
I just tried a new Thai restaurant in my area. One of my favorites is green curry with chicken - absolutely love it. I also got the sweet sticky rice with mangoes - delicious.

I can't think of anything recently that I've tried that's new. I have a wide variety of foods I eat, so I think for my area at least, I've had most of it at one point or another over the years. I'm adventurous ethnically, but will not eat the Andrew Zimmern type stuff like buried, rotted food, or food that should be thrown away and not eaten like stomachs, intestines, tongues, brains, testicles, etc. :eek:

Reactions: surge
I can't think of anything recently that I've tried that's new. I have a wide variety of foods I eat, so I think for my area at least, I've had most of it at one point or another over the years. I'm adventurous ethnically, but will not eat the Andrew Zimmern type stuff like buried, rotted food, or food that should be thrown away and not eaten like stomachs, intestines, tongues, brains, testicles, etc. :eek:
I agree with your sensible stance on not following the Andrew Zimmern diet! That guy is either fearless or nuts; I can't decide which! :eek:

I like a lot of ethnic foods, too, especially some of the spicier Chinese, Thai and Korean ones.
hot.png

Reactions: Debi and Seahunter
And most people did not eat Jewish food unless they were Jewish
I'd kill for a square knish with mustard and a plate of kasha right about now :) I miss my Cuban joint on Jerome ave. Cuban sandwich with a good strong cup of coffee.

Reactions: Seahunter
food that should be thrown away and not eaten like stomachs, intestines, tongues, brains, testicles, etc. :eek:
pastrami, turkey, smoked tongue and cole slaw with russian dressing on rye from sarges........damn, i have to make a NY run soon :) My father used to make trype once a year......it was like chewing on a piece of rubber

pastrami, turkey, smoked tongue and cole slaw with russian dressing on rye from sarges........damn, i have to make a NY run soon :) My father used to make trype once a year......it was like chewing on a piece of rubber
Sounds good up to the smoked tongue! I have to admit though, I've never tried it before. That sandwich sounds awful darn good though, so based on your recommendation, I'd try tongue. I think it's at least good to try most things once, to say you've at least given it a chance, but I still don't think I could do the tripe.

Reactions: sal
just order the sandwich and eat it. Do not go looking for the tongue :) I was hesitant too but my girlfriend at the time told me to do it that way.

just order the sandwich and eat it. Do not go looking for the tongue :) I was hesitant too but my girlfriend at the time told me to do it that way.
It seems like it would be tough as leather to chew. What's the consistency of tongue? Is it like eating a steak at all, or does it taste like chicken? - ha ha ha

I'd kill for a square knish with mustard and a plate of kasha right about now :) I miss my Cuban joint on Jerome ave. Cuban sandwich with a good strong cup of coffee.
Kasha Varnishkas, grilled derma with some brown gravy and noodle kugel....yum! A Bens
Kosher Deli just opened by me in Westchester. I used to work at the Bens in the Smith haven mall back in my college days. I miss their food!

Where on Jerome? I make home visits sometimes and am on Jerome now and then.