When and Where...

college. The high school friends were a tough bunch. No one wanted to leave the table to use the bathroom because they knew they would be the topic of discussion. ugh
yes, those kind of people are all that seem to exist nowadays. I think as we get older we put ourselves in the shoes of others and come to the conclusion that everyone sucks until proven otherwise.

Reactions: WitchAndShaman
School. I am still close with several I grew up with.

I used to be close to several people from high school and prior. But two friends drove a wedge between many of us.

One of my very close (female) friends from grade school married on of my closest (male) friends from junior and senior high. I was the Best Man at their wedding which was (at least) the second for both of them at the age of 40. However five years later, the husband embezzled $7.7 million supposedly to cover up for something the wife did. The husband reached out to me to ask me to help pay for his defense attorney. He was convicted and served just 4.5 years in federal prison.

All of our mutual friends are splintered on the manner.

Last edited:
college. The high school friends were a tough bunch. No one wanted to leave the table to use the bathroom because they knew they would be the topic of discussion. ugh
Mean girls.

I used to be close to several people from high school and prior. But two friends drove a wedge between many of us.

One of my very close (female) friends from grade school married on of my closest (male) friends from junior and senior high. I was the Best Man at their wedding which was (at least) the second for both of them at the age of 40. However five years later, the husband embezzled $7.7 million supposedly to cover up for something the wife did. The husband reached out to me to ask me to help pay for his defense attorney. He was convinced and served just 4.5 years in federal prison.

All of our mutual friends are splintered on the manner.
Did they stay married ?

I remember as a kid hanging out with someone that could not be friends with two people at once.

Now that’s a little harsh Armand. I didnt mean to imply that I couldn’t have two friends at once; I could be friends with two persons at once as long as they were different genders!

Just joking, actually I could be friends with three people at once as long as they were different genders!!!!

Reactions: Lynne
Did they stay married ?

Yes, even five years after release from prison.

I’m still waiting for the hammer to drop on the wife next.

I doubt they will ask me for more defense money if she is charged. I like to think they can probably afford the best attorney even without my contributions.

Reactions: Lynne and Paintman
I remember as a kid hanging out with someone that could not be friends with two people at once.

That person sounds Armand like they might have had an issue or two.

But I’ve known people too who have had trouble identifying the difference between the meanings of acquaintances, friends, good friends, and best friends making it difficult for them to deal with any two people at once.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lynne