When and Where...

Now that’s a little harsh Armand. I didnt mean to imply that I couldn’t have two friends at once; I could be friends with two persons at once as long as they were different genders!

Just joking, actually I could be friends with three people at once as long as they were different genders!!!!
no offense intended. Just reflecting on friends from the past.

I have a "group" of best friends...although none of them actually know each other! Each of these people I can turn to anytime, anywhere, and tell them anything...or cry my eyes out....or laugh til we cry. One of them I've known for (dear heaven's I'm old) over 50 years.

I have a "group" of best friends...although none of them actually know each other! Each of these people I can turn to anytime, anywhere, and tell them anything...or cry my eyes out....or laugh til we cry. One of them I've known for (dear heaven's I'm old) over 50 years.

How contrary Debi. My four closest adult friends are two married couples who know each other. My SO and I are going on a “32 years friends” cruise with them this spring. I think we all know each other.

But none of the four know anything about my spiritual beliefs nor my psy experiences.

Reactions: 7Critter and Debi
How contrary Debi. My four closest adult friends are two married couples who know each other. My SO and I are going on a “32 years friends” cruise with them this spring. I think we all know each other.
Part of the not knowing each other comes from location and different times in my life from the bonding with them. My childhood friend is a nun and head of her order. I do get to see her in person on occasion as she travels a lot, but otherwise I can pick up and call the convent any time. The other besties are from other times and places in my life and two are out of state as well.

Most of the members who are long term here know that I have a motto....once under my wing, I never forget you or leave you behind. We have several members who through illness have left here but with whom I still maintain a close relationship through email or FB. Lots of love and friendship in my life even if it's not physically in the same room...or state! :)

Part of the not knowing each other comes from location and different times in my life from the bonding with them. My childhood friend is a nun and head of her order. I do get to see her in person on occasion as she travels a lot, but otherwise I can pick up and call the convent any time. The other besties are from other times and places in my life and two are out of state as well.

Most of the members who are long term here know that I have a motto....once under my wing, I never forget you or leave you behind. We have several members who through illness have left here but with whom I still maintain a close relationship through email or FB. Lots of love and friendship in my life even if it's not physically in the same room...or state! :)

Sounds like several wonderful, special kinds of closeness.

24909970_1537280129688696_5194059203543421348_n (Small).jpg

Reactions: Lynne
I met my best friend at my first year at university. First time we actually socialized there was when the lecturer was about 20 minutes late for class, it was a subject we hated and it was a Friday so we decided to bunk. That year we ended up bunking more than we attended yet were still top of the class because we still did our work and not screw around.