Suggestion Box!

81e5bdcc282a5b363df8905729e6b95f.jpg

Example of what modern day conspiracy theorists think is a cell phone. Reality is that it's just a really old hearing aid.

Wait! That’s not a 22nd century Starfleet tricorder?

A cases closed area would be good. Those 'man wearing 1920s clothes is proof of time travel!' or 'woman reading a small book is proof that she had a smart phone' things are the worst!

Ben, I think that the fact I wear Jordache jeans and Angelflight nylon slacks IS clear evidence of my time travel. Or, kinda like the old American sci-fi show, “The Time Tunnel”, it might just be two data points which prove I am stuck in the 1970s. :p :eek:

Reactions: Lynne
I'd go with this. A place for anything touching on religion with an implicit 'no offense meant' and a clear no bashing rule would be helpful. I worry about this sort of thing! I know that others have deeply felt religious convictions and have no real experience with that. There's an obvious tie-in between the paranormal and religion, as both deal with dealing with the paranormal part of life, yet I worry that if I post about anything which could be taken to contradict the view that Jesus and early Christianity happened as generally believed I may offend people who I count as friends! But I am very interested in the other perspectives of that time and the texts that aren't in the Bible and contradict it and which, as they deal with spiritual and supernatural things and are a part of how I look at those aspects of life, it would be good to discuss those things.
I suppose that doesn't need a dedicated section, as it could slot into history or spirituality, but I would like to know if anybody else would want to discuss such things, and if anybody would be mortally offended. So, everybody?

I am with you Ben, I know there are some reasonable concerns about discussing religious dogma on the PNF. However, like Lynne, I too would like to discuss same in order to discover our likenesses. Nearly impossible to learn if we don’t first discuss.

I think we do a good job on regular posts with our perspectives viewed through our individual beliefs. I am aware of the main posters faiths. We respect each other but I’m not sure a focused discussion on the topic of religion itself could be done without becoming polarizing. In my own family setting things have become heated discussing doctrinal differences and we were trying not to have that happen.

Critter has restored the book thread in Paranormal Playground for you guys.

As to the "case closed", as I find resolutions to debunk or close something, I do go back and provide an Update on that thread and mark it as updated. If you find a debunk and can't find the original post, let me know and I'll post it for you.

I think we do a good job on regular posts with our perspectives viewed through our individual beliefs. I am aware of the main posters faiths. We respect each other but I’m not sure a focused discussion on the topic of religion itself could be done without becoming polarizing. In my own family setting things have become heated discussing doctrinal differences and we were trying not to have that happen.
Lynne has stated it pretty well here. We have wiccans, pagans, Christians of all flavors, Muslims, and athiests all here in harmony. In the 5 years we have been here, I have never once had a "religion" thread go well and have had to close each and every one of them. The only ones I've had to "work", are the ones keeping it focused on spiritual aspects that impact the paranormal. If you can keep to that, fine.

Trading ideas of where we are alike has been the goal of the forum itself. I am not against trading spiritual perspectives and offering different views of how that may impact the paranormal. But based on past history of religion threads, I have found Bible versus flying and the pagan side setting up defense lines as war begins. I won't have that mindset here, so be forewarned I will pull a thread in a heartbeat if it goes in that direction.

Last edited:
Reactions: Benway
The 33rd parallel Mt Hermon, Roswell, and the Masonic principalities.