Suggestion Box!

:DHow about a book club :D

I have a book that I’d like to share regardless of any organized section on the forum. I’ll find it and then open a tiny thread with a few thoughts about same for your supposed enjoyment.
Sea , Noblehouse, and I used to talk about books a long time ago. If I remember right we had a dedicated thread for it. And then a lot of the old threads went poof.:(
Side note. One of the joys of being older and a lifelong reader is discerning the wheat from the chaff. Lo and behold, classics are classics for a reason.:p

Sea , Noblehouse, and I used to talk about books a long time ago. If I remember right we had a dedicated thread for it. And then a lot of the old threads went poof.:(
Side note. One of the joys of being older and a lifelong reader is discerning the wheat from the chaff. Lo and behold, classics are classics for a reason.:p
We shall restore it for you all.

Starting the chat earlier would obviously be a big help to me, and I dare say to others this side of the big pond!

Off Topic/General would be neat. I'd like to see a Debunk category. I've seen cryptid videos and time travel "Proofs" that are in serious need of a thorough slapping. Like the cell phone in Charlie Chaplin films really being an old hearing aid for example. And this "spider creature on building in Russia" video which is a hoax created using Blender and OpenShot.
A cases closed area would be good. Those 'man wearing 1920s clothes is proof of time travel!' or 'woman reading a small book is proof that she had a smart phone' things are the worst!

Reactions: Tiiny
How about a religious theory discussion. I have plenty of knowledge in that field. Only rule is no matter what religion you are there is absolutely zero tolerance for other religious bashing. I think it would be fun.
I'd go with this. A place for anything touching on religion with an implicit 'no offense meant' and a clear no bashing rule would be helpful. I worry about this sort of thing! I know that others have deeply felt religious convictions and have no real experience with that. There's an obvious tie-in between the paranormal and religion, as both deal with dealing with the paranormal part of life, yet I worry that if I post about anything which could be taken to contradict the view that Jesus and early Christianity happened as generally believed I may offend people who I count as friends! But I am very interested in the other perspectives of that time and the texts that aren't in the Bible and contradict it and which, as they deal with spiritual and supernatural things and are a part of how I look at those aspects of life, it would be good to discuss those things.
I suppose that doesn't need a dedicated section, as it could slot into history or spirituality, but I would like to know if anybody else would want to discuss such things, and if anybody would be mortally offended. So, everybody?

Last edited:
A cases closed area would be good. Those 'man wearing 1920s clothes is proof of time travel!' or 'woman reading a small book is proof that she had a smart phone' things are the worst!
81e5bdcc282a5b363df8905729e6b95f.jpg

Example of what modern day conspiracy theorists think is a cell phone. Reality is that it's just a really old hearing aid.

Reactions: Paintman and Benway
81e5bdcc282a5b363df8905729e6b95f.jpg

Example of what modern day conspiracy theorists think is a cell phone. Reality is that it's just a really old hearing aid.
Wow good bebunk Tiiny ! Never thought of that