Seeing a bodiless hand

I don’t know if this would be relevant but did they seem like men’s, women’s or children’s hands?

Reactions: Lynne
In my case, it was a grown man's hand. And the color was black; not like a natural skin color, but black like someone had painted it that color.

Yes, not Disney -like at all; I only wish it were! It's amazing to me that even after all these years, I can still feel the terror that I felt then, at the sight of that hand. :openmouth:

Reactions: Debi
Not exactly a disembodied hand, but it was all that I saw. When I was about 6, I was in my parents bedroom with my mother and teenage brother. They were sitting on the side of the bed facing me and I was standing facing them and the bed. Behind them, on the other side of the bed was a closet. It was the middle of the day. We were talking, laughing, totally normal. And then I saw a gnarled greenish hand come out of the closet and pick up a plastic bag (CVS, I remember) off of a shelf and throw it onto a dresser, maybe 2 feet away. And the hand disappeared back into the closet.

The dropping of the bag made a loud noise, so much so that my mother and brother turned around to see what had fallen, but they hadn’t seen what had happened. I tried to explain what I saw and they thought that it was utter nonsense.

So any time I brought up “the green hand” it was brushed off. Even now, in my 30’s, I can remember this. That was when I learned to shut off certain things since no one believed me. Not until I became a teenager anyway, and then things changed. I still don’t understand what the heck that was and why it did that.

I use to be scared under the bed. I couldn't sleep alone for awhile and wish I'd had a sibling to share a room with. I left night light on and usually the closet one. I don't trust total darkness and me. Not with my experiences. So I believe all that people say happens here. We're on the same page here.