Region Specific....

Garnetsilver, we are gonna get along just swell.:D
98% of the time I just talk about food. And the other half about the Chicago White Sox or my cat, Hank Aaron.
82.jpeg
This is Hank Aaron. He's the same color as the White Sox uniforms.

LOL that was beer number two......

In PA, you can still see hex designs on the sides of barns. They are made by the Pennsylvania Dutch people. Historically, I am not sure why they are used, but some think it was for superstitious reasons, and others think they are just to look pretty. People do drink a lot of beer up here, and some regional foods are Pierogies, and steak sandwiches, and some common sweets are Shoofly pie (molasses pie) kiffles ( small pastries with a cream cheese dough and filled with fruit preserves) and nut tossies ( little tarts filled with a sweet nut concoction.) A tradition is to have pork and sauerkraut for the New Year. That's all I can think of for now.
And the creator of GrandMa Utz potato chips, my favorite. For some odd reason, they always get the servings per bag number wrong.

Attachments

• Capture+_2018-08-17-06-41-11.png
    Capture+_2018-08-17-06-41-11.png
    217.7 KB · Views: 120
Last edited:
Reactions: Paintman
Garnetsilver, we are gonna get along just swell.:D
98% of the time I just talk about food. And the other half about the Chicago White Sox or my cat, Hank Aaron.
View attachment 14527
This is Hank Aaron. He's the same color as the White Sox uniforms.
I love talking about food for sure! And here is my magical kitty, Avalon: 005_05.JPG

Sounds like something worth reading! I found my Avalon at the pound, and she came with that name. I don't know who named her and always wondered if they were familiar with the Arthurian legends, or was it a cosmetic line or a car that they were thinking of?:smirkcat:

Reactions: Debi and Paintman