Region Specific....

In SA in general the list could be endless, but in my area we have a variety of oddities. Specifically everyone making a big hype about a venue or event and then nothing happens. There was a Christmas market one night in December and when we got there it was only 4 food stalls open and only two stalls (one with no lights at all so nothing was visible) and there was a random small disco light lamp in the middle of nowhere. One agricultural show they outsourced their DJ to this old resident who's almost completely deaf and only DJ experience is how to open a playlist on Windows Media Player.
Sorry but that made me chuckle. Maybe you should throw the next event. An IT guys gonna make a better DJ :D

Reactions: Lynne
Sorry but that made me chuckle. Maybe you should throw the next event. An IT guys gonna make a better DJ :D

The IT guy will find a cracked copy of expensive professional software, download YouTube tutorials and at least make some good remixes/transitions. Not play the song to the end and then hit next :D

Reactions: Charleh
The IT guy will find a cracked copy of expensive professional software, download YouTube tutorials and at least make some good remixes/transitions. Not play the song to the end and then hit next :D
I’ll pretend I didn’t hear the first part ;)

Sorry but that made me chuckle.
My area is actually very comical. We have this group called the community police (kind of like a neighborhood watch). There was some issue brought to their attention over their radios. The person who was on standby wasn't responding. Then gunshots were heard somewhere nearby so now they try phoning this guy with no response. Now there's this panic that something went wrong so the other CP members go to check and this guy is fine he just had the radio off. So they take him and go respond to the initial call which ended up being a gate motor getting stolen. When this guy gets back home they stole his gate motor as well while he was gone. First thing that came to mind while watching this unfold is like a keystone cop type scenario in tune to the Benny Hill theme song :D

My area is actually very comical. We have this group called the community police (kind of like a neighborhood watch). There was some issue brought to their attention over their radios. The person who was on standby wasn't responding. Then gunshots were heard somewhere nearby so now they try phoning this guy with no response. Now there's this panic that something went wrong so the other CP members go to check and this guy is fine he just had the radio off. So they take him and go respond to the initial call which ended up being a gate motor getting stolen. When this guy gets back home they stole his gate motor as well while he was gone. First thing that came to mind while watching this unfold is like a keystone cop type scenario in tune to the Benny Hill theme song :D
So it sounds like shenanigans you’d hear about in a small town in Canada. One night some drunks dropped off a toilet in the middle of the street. In front of our house. It was a tourist attraction for other drinks that night until the cops took it a couple hours later. I’m surprised it took so long because typically Saturday nights they’re basically babysitting the drunks :D

Reactions: garnetsilver
So it sounds like shenanigans you’d hear about in a small town in Canada. One night some drunks dropped off a toilet in the middle of the street. In front of our house. It was a tourist attraction for other drinks that night until the cops took it a couple hours later. I’m surprised it took so long because typically Saturday nights they’re basically babysitting the drunks :D
I nicknamed the cops “drunksitters” :D

Reactions: Paintman
Nobody wanted to touch it lol

I live in Da Region ! That is the Indiana side of Chicago. It is to Chicago what New Jersey is to New York. ;)
Indiana is a unique state. It really is a lot of different places. It's an upper Midwest Great Lake State. Along the Ohio River it is definitely a Southern state. It's Rust Belt and Corn Belt. It joined the union in 1816, so it's an old state. But ethnically most immigrants came here in the 1880s and 90s.
The names of towns and rivers are heavily influenced by American Indians and the French. It used to be a big deal in the fur trade.
We are called the Hoosier State. but nobody is really sure what a Hoosier is :(.
I was thinking.... Hoosier.... maybe they were asking who’s there !

I was thinking.... Hoosier.... maybe they were asking who’s there !
That's a possibility.
At least other areas have normal nicknames.
Gators
Drunks
IT Guys
Marmalade Dipping.Sauce

Reactions: Lynne