Region Specific....

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
There are so many fun things that appear to be region or country specific. For example, this little meme explains some from the South:

523167_343842339032921_310383900_n.jpg

What kind of things, saying, habits, etc. are in your neck of the woods? What's kinda special about where you live?

I can’t think of anything at the moment.

I live in Da Region ! That is the Indiana side of Chicago. It is to Chicago what New Jersey is to New York. ;)
Indiana is a unique state. It really is a lot of different places. It's an upper Midwest Great Lake State. Along the Ohio River it is definitely a Southern state. It's Rust Belt and Corn Belt. It joined the union in 1816, so it's an old state. But ethnically most immigrants came here in the 1880s and 90s.
The names of towns and rivers are heavily influenced by American Indians and the French. It used to be a big deal in the fur trade.
We are called the Hoosier State. but nobody is really sure what a Hoosier is :(.

Reactions: Lynne
LOL at Wands!!!
Beer just came out of my nose!!!!!

Good Evening Aces.

I should have been more sensitive and posted that “Gator” is at times also a fashion fabric as in shoes, purses, belts, etc. After all, not everyone eats the source for their clothing.

But while we’re on the topic, it’s best with a marmalade dipping sauce ;vo

LOL at Wands!!!
Beer just came out of my nose!!!!!
Speaking of, here you either drink, attend AA, or you’re weird lol. At least in smaller towns

Reactions: Aces
Speaking of, here you either drink, attend AA, or you’re weird lol. At least in smaller towns
Haha....same here, sweet tea may be the drink put forth but beer runs a close second, i meen, most everyone I know has a second fridge just for their beer.......and I wouldn't be surprised if the A.A. meetings had an open bar....:eek:.....lol.
You've heard all the " here, hold my beer and watch this " jokes, sadly there is a lot of truth to that stereotype.......

In SA in general the list could be endless, but in my area we have a variety of oddities. Specifically everyone making a big hype about a venue or event and then nothing happens. There was a Christmas market one night in December and when we got there it was only 4 food stalls open and only two stalls (one with no lights at all so nothing was visible) and there was a random small disco light lamp in the middle of nowhere. One agricultural show they outsourced their DJ to this old resident who's almost completely deaf and only DJ experience is how to open a playlist on Windows Media Player.