Miscellaneous EDC Gear

But a GREAT barter item! What other barter items do you folks think of value?
Bricks of .22 LR. Everyone either owns a .22 or knows someone who owns one. And the ammos everywhere. I’d trade a couple bricks for some canned goods. Btw a brick is a box of 50 rounds.

Reactions: Paulm
Bricks of .22 LR. Everyone either owns a .22 or knows someone who owns one. And the ammos everywhere. I’d trade a couple bricks for some canned goods. Btw a brick is a box of 50 rounds.
Around here a " brick" is 500 rounds of .22

Bottles of rum or liquor will always be worth their weight in gold in shtf situations.
Yup. And can also be used once there’s no means of sanitizing medical equipment or wounds.

Thanks for the correction

Wasn't necessarily correcting ya..... Just wondering if a Canadian brick was different than a U.S brick.......or maybe you were using the metric system or something.......lol.......actually was trying to figure out the shtf barter exchange rate for a minute there.......Canada was actually looking kinda good for a second .......

Reactions: Charleh
Wasn't necessarily correcting ya..... Just wondering if a Canadian brick was different than a U.S brick.......or maybe you were using the metric system or something.......lol.......actually was trying to figure out the shtf barter exchange rate for a minute there.......Canada was actually looking kinda good for a second .......
No you’re right. A brick is usually one of those 500 or 525 round “bulk” packs.

No you’re right. A brick is usually one of those 500 or 525 round “bulk” packs.
They’re $35 in Canada right now! We don’t usually have ammo scarcities in Canada.

But a GREAT barter item! What other barter items do you folks think of value?

I have a good friend who bought a couple hundred rounds of both .223cal and 9mm ammo specifically for barter. He does not own a gun that fires either round, but figures a lot of people do.