Miscellaneous EDC Gear

Do you know what kind of keychain stuff you're looking for?

Swiss+Tech has several keychain-size micro tools that are pretty cool.

Leatherman has keychain-size tools as well.

i want 2 rings, ,one with immed need keys and the other with tools. I'd like to carry them together-i'd use a detachable key ring but nothing is heavy duty enough

Reactions: Seahunter
Check this site out. RED OXX Great items. I have the Big Bull roll-up. I use it as a grab and go bag. Great compartments-everything well organized

Big Bull Roll-up Travel and Tool Bag by Red Oxx Mfg.
That is a really nice bag. Believe it or not, toiletry kits also make great organizers like this Big Bull. Several small compartments to organize any type of gear. I get the hanging kind.

This is just an example. It is $51.86 at Amazon.
travelon-toiletry-kit-best-hanging-travel-bags.jpg

i want 2 rings, ,one with immed need keys and the other with tools. I'd like to carry them together-i'd use a detachable key ring but nothing is heavy duty enough
Some type of carabiner would have to be strong enough for what I think you want to do. Just Google "carabiner keychain".

41ngS4rtwKL.jpg

another place that i love

Shop Tools | Huckberry
That's a really cool site. Some of their prices didn't seem too bad either. With a site like that, what I will do is find something I like, then shop around. I hate to pay full retail for anything. So for example, the Fisher pen that they had was full retail. If you shop it on eBay, you will get it for at least 20% less because the eBay sellers are often online-only stores so they have no retail shop overhead. People also often don't realize you can haggle on eBay! If I want something, I might say to the seller hey, I want two of these, can you give me a price for two? Usually it works to bargain with them, at least for combined shipping or something.

That is a really nice bag. Believe it or not, toiletry kits also make great organizers like this Big Bull. Several small compartments to organize any type of gear. I get the hanging kind.

This is just an example. It is $51.86 at Amazon.
travelon-toiletry-kit-best-hanging-travel-bags.jpg

good idea!!

That's a really cool site. Some of their prices didn't seem too bad either. With a site like that, what I will do is find something I like, then shop around. I hate to pay full retail for anything. So for example, the Fisher pen that they had was full retail. If you shop it on eBay, you will get it for at least 20% less because the eBay sellers are often online-only stores so they have no retail shop overhead. People also often don't realize you can haggle on eBay! If I want something, I might say to the seller hey, I want two of these, can you give me a price for two? Usually it works to bargain with them, at least for combined shipping or something.

aha!!!! Good info,Sea!

Some type of carabiner would have to be strong enough for what I think you want to do. Just Google "carabiner keychain".

41ngS4rtwKL.jpg

I've looked into them but I don't trust them as they have fallen apart in the past but there must be some that screw down somehow...i'll Google

Reactions: Paulm and Seahunter
I've looked into them but I don't trust them as they have fallen apart in the past but there must be some that screw down somehow...i'll Google
Yes, I wasn't sure exactly what you wanted, but there are carabiner-type keychains that screw down to keep them closed.

Okay Jad, this one would survive even your keychain demands!! :p

Oakley-Metal-Works-Large-Carabiner.jpg

OAKLEY METAL WORKS CARABINER KEYCHAIN
While they are certainly most famous for their sunglasses, eyewear is not Oakley’s sole focus (in fact, it’s not even how they started). Illustrating their versatility as a brand is this, their carabiner keychain. With a design that closely resembles that of a climbing carabiner, this keychain features a forged gate with a screw lock to ensure a secure closure. It also has a built-in bottle opener and a separate keyring hole, so your keys won’t ever fall off just because the gate is open. Don’t be fooled by the style, however, as this is in no way intended for rock climbing.

So Jad, you want to look for a carabiner with a "screw lock" to keep it closed. This is so cool, I might have to get one too!

Check this out: The 12 Best EDC Carabiner Keychains

carabiner with screw lock - Google Search