Let's talk about the Pope

When a decent person comes a long,people tend to say things like; "Whats he / she up to?" or w/e. All the conspiracies surrounding Pope Francis isn't really illogical for the simple fact that people deep down are selfish and evil themselves but somehow suppress it. I say until proven otherwise lets give Pope Francis the respect an admiration he deserves.

ThePope is releasing a pop-rock album later this year. Preview a single here. Note the distinct Gnostic shade to the title, "Wake Up! Go! go! Forward". Recall the first words on the screen in the first Matrix film.

Last edited:
When a decent person comes a long,people tend to say things like; "Whats he / she up to?" or w/e. All the conspiracies surrounding Pope Francis isn't really illogical for the simple fact that people deep down are selfish and evil themselves but somehow suppress it. I say until proven otherwise lets give Pope Francis the respect an admiration he deserves.
Thank You.:)
The Pope's visit is like my Super Bowl, World Series, and Masters Tournament all at once. Since Wednesday I've been tuned in to Catholic Media, mostly radio, and surprise surprise, the coverage is very different from MSM, and Conservative outlets. I'm fine with secular criticism and political punditry, but baseless criticism to serve an agenda... well, that's the idolatry of ideology.:(

I think part of it may be that it's hard to imagine such an old and stubborn institution would elect someone like this who is being honest about his intentions. I happen to believe it is true. If he were trying to fool someone, he'd move to the left on certain social issues that he is still, in my view, lagging behind on. For really conservative Catholics, I understand there might even still be some bitterness over the changes in Vatican 2, so this is just straining an already strained relationship with them.

Just best guesses.

Reactions: Debi
I am not Catholic but I love the Pope. He represents my world view. I long for a kinder, more generous, more Christ-like world to live in.

Reactions: Paintman and Firek
I was blown away by the Fox article that called him false prophet. I thought they'd be doing a much more delicate dance around this.
Yet FOX has covered this 24/7 for the last 2 days....with many of their Catholic reporters speaking up. I know because I've had it on the TV now for 2 days.

Since I don't have a horse in this race, so to speak, I'm happy for the devout Catholics to have this moment with the Pope in the US. This thread was intended to be more of a conversation about what do you think NOW of the prophecies surrounding the Pope, and your own feelings towards him. As stated, no disrespect for the Catholic faith at large. It goes to show how everyone has a different view and how religion itself can often be the cause of conflict.

Reactions: Firek
Yet FOX has covered this 24/7 for the last 2 days....with many of their Catholic reporters speaking up. I know because I've had it on the TV now for 2 days.

Since I don't have a horse in this race, so to speak, I'm happy for the devout Catholics to have this moment with the Pope in the US. This thread was intended to be more of a conversation about what do you think NOW of the prophecies surrounding the Pope, and your own feelings towards him. As stated, no disrespect for the Catholic faith at large. It goes to show how everyone has a different view and how religion itself can often be the cause of conflict.
I'm glad we have such different views. Makes for good afternoon reading :) I'm not big on TV (don't even have cable or anything). Is all the Fox coverage all pretty similar?

Reactions: Debi
For really conservative Catholics, I understand there might even still be some bitterness over the changes in Vatican 2, so this is just straining an already strained relationship with them.
Firek, I won't go into my conservative bonafides , but I have no problem with Vatican 2,because doctrine was not changed. Mass and architecture may look different in some places, and good gravy did some run wild with V2, but that has been reigned in big time. As for many current social issues,and wishing that the modern Church will change to reflect the times. It won't because it cant. Doctrine won't bend to the zeitgeist. That's why we have seen so many schisms. Personally, I say let them go, sorry if we aren't liberal or conservative enough.

G.K Chesterton said, "Catholic Church is the only thing that frees a man from degrading slavery of being a child of his age."

And that is all I will say. Except, The Catholic Church also can't sell off it's treasures to help the poor .# 1. Jesus had some strong advice about that matter.

Reactions: Firek