He says, she says....

I’ve had hamburger in a cream sauce and it’s on mashed potatoes or toast. There’s chipped beef (from a roast), and also corned beef, all made similar.
Of course the meat is precooked before putting in the cream or gravy sauce. It’s a good use for leftovers.

Creamed ham on toast with peas is a fav of mine too.

Reactions: 7Critter
I’ve had hamburger in a cream sauce and it’s on mashed potatoes or toast. There’s chipped beef (from a roast), and also corned beef, all made similar.
Now that sounds good.

Reactions: Lynne
I hope you meant corned beef,that's my favourite meal,if not what is creamed beef.
Often called “chipped beef” in the USA. Kind of a - I don’t know - “dried” beef. Kind of like something that could turn into jerky if given the chance. But I think the word “chipped” refers as much to the fact that sometimes you make do with scraps of beef - little chips - when that is all you have.

But I love me some corned beef too OZ.

I don't like creamed corn either, Oz, especially canned, so you're not alone with that. Maybe because it was when I was a kid, my father was a lousy cook and he served up creamed corn and overdone pork chops fairly frequently.:eek: The corn kernels in that slime was enough to make me queasy, lol. I do like a good ear of corn with butter and lots of salt; also cornbread, and popped corn!

Reactions: ozentity and Debi
I don't like creamed corn either, Oz, especially canned, so you're not alone with that. Maybe because it was when I was a kid, my father was a lousy cook and he served up creamed corn and overdone pork chops fairly frequently.:eek: The corn kernels in that slime was enough to make me queasy, lol. I do like a good ear of corn with butter and lots of salt; also cornbread, and popped corn!
Popcorn in my fav ! Let’s ho to the movies I have a craving.

Often called “chipped beef” in the USA. Kind of a - I don’t know - “dried” beef. Kind of like something that could turn into jerky if given the chance. But I think the word “chipped” refers as much to the fact that sometimes you make do with scraps of beef - little chips - when that is all you have.

But I love me some corned beef too OZ.
Two ways to make what is lovingly named SOS (Sh*t on a Shingle) in the US aka creamed meat on toast. Make a rue....add either broth for a clearer gravy or add milk, salt and pepper for a base gravy. I have also done this with ham and a cheese sauce. Add Cheese to the milk rue recipe. And there ya go! Instant supper! Serve with corn on the side. :p

Two ways to make what is lovingly named SOS (Sh*t on a Shingle) in the US aka creamed meat on toast. Make a rue....add either broth for a clearer gravy or add milk, salt and pepper for a base gravy. I have also done this with ham and a cheese sauce. Add Cheese to the milk rue recipe. And there ya go! Instant supper! Serve with corn on the side. :p
uhhhggggg...SOS.... the second worst thing ive ever eaten....it took years to get that outta my head, and now its back.....lol.