He says, she says....

Two ways to make what is lovingly named SOS (Sh*t on a Shingle) in the US aka creamed meat on toast. Make a rue....add either broth for a clearer gravy or add milk, salt and pepper for a base gravy. I have also done this with ham and a cheese sauce. Add Cheese to the milk rue recipe. And there ya go! Instant supper! Serve with corn on the side. :p
SOS was what came to mind right away but I tried to be generic for those unfamiliar. Lol. But that’s what it is SOS.

Ok now I just want corn bread lol Oz is right it’s not an Aussie thing Ive never tried it. Another recipe to try this week :yum:

What I like about cornbread is that it is typically at least a little sweet. So if you have leftovers, you can comfortably eat it for breakfast or...just add honey and some more butter and it elevates it to a dessert.

That, my friend, is what is called sausage gravy and is the other half of biscuits and gravy.....something I'm most likely fixing for supper tomorrow. :)
Yum. One of my favorites. What time is dinner . . . . . ?

Cornbread bliss is adding a touch of sugar to the mix before baking. Old secret from my granny. Cornbread is a common side dish here in my area and used to be eaten as an after school snack by all farm kids around here.

Oh, yes !
I do believe corn is winning over peas here....:p:sunglasses: