He says, she says....

Now that might be a good use for the horrible stuff lol,turn it into bread,I like it Wands.
Oh OZ, you can use cream corn to make soup too. In its basic form, the texture of cream corn is kind of off putting. However, if you either make it wetter/thinner or you make it much thicker/drier, then it is not so bad.

One good thing about cream corn is that some subset of the corn kernels have already been crushed open. So it is “a little easier on your digestive tract” if you know what I mean.

Last edited:
Reactions: ozentity
Oh OZ, you can use cream corn to make soup too. In its basic form, the texture is kind of off putting. However, if you either make it wetter/thinner or you make it much thicker/drier, then it is not so bad.

One good thing about cream corn is that some subset of the corn kernels have already been crushed open. So it is “a little easier on your digestive tract” if you know what I mean.
I was just getting excited about the bread recipe,please don't say you dunk it in the corn goo soup lol.I think what really turned me off creamed corn is some very down on their luck neighbours years ago got a hamper at Christmas supplied by a welfare mob.They ate everything except you guessed it, two tins of creamed corn and brought it in to me.These people were half starved and even they couldn't partake of this culinary delight lol.Nice gesture though :eek:.

I was just getting excited about the bread recipe,please don't say you dunk it in the corn goo soup lol.I think what really turned me off creamed corn is some very down on their luck neighbours years ago got a hamper at Christmas supplied by a welfare mob.They ate everything except you guessed it, two tins of creamed corn and brought it in to me.These people were half starved and even they couldn't partake of this culinary delight lol.Nice gesture though :eek:.

Certainly a mixed hamper of happy and sad in that post.

Growing up , cream corn on toast was the meal we often had before pay day. Not my fav but it filled us up.
Well manyAmericans like creamed beef on toast so cream corn isn’t too far a (corn) field I guess Lynne.

I hope you meant corned beef,that's my favourite meal,if not what is creamed beef.
I’ve had hamburger in a cream sauce and it’s on mashed potatoes or toast. There’s chipped beef (from a roast), and also corned beef, all made similar.