Had an experience with what i think was a Gnome

Can you give us background on the recording? I think you said earlier it was recorded in a garden area in Norway in the summer, but can you give us an approximate location? Was the recording made in a rural setting, or a more urban area? Is there significant wildlife in the area? Did you use any filters/enhancers on the recording or are we hearing exactly what you recorded? Also, is there any particular reason you opted to upload only the audio and not the video?

I'm curious why you came to the conclusion this was a gnome? Are they like the banshees of Ireland, known for screams in your culture? Have you considered taking the recording to a local natural history museum or university for opinions and/or analysis?

Btw, I'm not questioning your integrity or accusing you of fakery. This is totally out of my knowledge base, I'm just trying to better understand what the circumstances were surrounding the recording and what efforts you've made to have it analyzed.

Thanks
It was recorded in the city. Not in the city centre, but close to it. The area has a bar, and people sit outside to drink beer. I haven't seen wildlife there, but there could be squirells around, but i haven't seen any. I don't think they are able to create sounds like that. One important thing is that we did not hear the voice while walking there, we only heard it one the recording. That is why i call the recording an EVP.

No filters were used on the audio. This is how it came out of the camera. I only censored me and my friend talking, in the version i uploaded to YT, and that's it. I did pixelate the area, since i don't want people to disturb the area, so that these creatures are scared away. If i shared the location, then people (and paranormal groups) will flood in to the area. I am sure these creatures will disappear, if that happens. I also hope to capture a gnome (or two) talking.

It is more important for me to keep the area a secret, than sharing it. If i did not pixelate the video, then i would not have shared it. There was nothing captured visually. I still have the unedited version. There are some other people that has recorded gnomes in my country, and it was even on national television. In my country, we have the equivilant to the gnome, which we call nisse. We have no banshees. At least they are not part of our folklore or mythology.

I have spoken to others about the videos i have captured, and they have all said that it has the traits of tricksters. But it depends where in the world we live, to what we call these creatures. In my country we call them nisse, which is the equivilent to what others call a gnome, and they are known to pull pranks on people. But i quess it depends what culture we are born in to, what names we use to describe them. These creatures is said to also mimick voices. From what i have read, and others have told me, i came to the conclusion that i must have recorded the voice of a gnome (nisse).

My mom has been seeing ghosts all her life. I have got that from her. I have seen different paranormal entities with my own eyes. My mom has seen the same things that i have. We saw a shadow being in our house once. 12 years after we moved out, the new owner said that she experienced the same thing, and we did not tell anyone about our experince until she said what she saw. Since i have witnessed the paranormal, then it is easier for me to believe in these creatures.

Every culture, for several thousands of years, has been talking about these creatures. I can only tell of my experiences, which is only a drop of water in the ocean.

I haven't contacted any university or anything like that. I never though that was i thing. I expect that they will laugh at me. There are so many paranormal videos on the internet. I can't imagine that everyone contacts an university to get an expert opinion. To my knowledge, universities are usually dismissive of the paranormal. But one thing did cross my mind, when i recorded a voice saying "mommy", to ask an historical expert, if anyone has died in that area where i recorded that voice. But i will do some research, to see if my local university has anyone interested in the paranormal, and maybe get an opinion about the videos.

I 100% did not fake the video. But the internet is full of fake videos, which makes people also sceptical of the real ones.
But i understand that people will take the paranormal with a grain of salt. I want people to believe me, but i can't force them to. My intention is not to produce fake stuff. I am not that kind of guy. I don't have the conscience to mislead people. But i will try and see if my local university has anyone interested in the paranormal.

I don't make any money from the videos i upload to YT. My YT videos have ads, but they were put there by YT themselves. They are making money on my videos, and not me. I wanted my videos to be ad-free. But YT's new "EULA" says that they can monetize my videos, without me wanting it.

Last edited:
Anyone who is sensitive to pick up on this stuff attracts these things. You no doubt had it passed to you from your mother and she got from others in family line. I feel my mother may be/was sensitive and i got from her, though she never openly speaks of it. I've said before in other posts we sensitives are like spotlights/beacons/whatever way you wish to describe it to those unseen entities. I don't believe any experiences we pick up is an accident.

It was recorded in the city. Not in the city centre, but close to it. The area has a bar, and people sit outside to drink beer. I haven't seen wildlife there, but there could be squirells around, but i haven't seen any. I don't think they are able to create sounds like that. One important thing is that we did not hear the voice while walking there, we only heard it one the recording. That is why i call the recording an EVP.

No filters were used on the audio. This is how it came out of the camera. I only censored me and my friend talking, in the version i uploaded to YT, and that's it. I did pixelate the area, since i don't want people to disturb the area, so that these creatures are scared away. If i shared the location, then people (and paranormal groups) will flood in to the area. I am sure these creatures will disappear, if that happens. I also hope to capture a gnome (or two) talking.

It is more important for me to keep the area a secret, than sharing it. If i did not pixelate the video, then i would not have shared it. There was nothing captured visually. I still have the unedited version. There are some other people that has recorded gnomes in my country, and it was even on national television. In my country, we have the equivilant to the gnome, which we call nisse. We have no banshees. At least they are not part of our folklore or mythology.

I have spoken to others about the videos i have captured, and they have all said that it has the traits of tricksters. But it depends where in the world we live, to what we call these creatures. In my country we call them nisse, which is the equivilent to what others call a gnome, and they are known to pull pranks on people. But i quess it depends what culture we are born in to, what names we use to describe them. These creatures is said to also mimick voices. From what i have read, and others have told me, i came to the conclusion that i must have recorded the voice of a gnome (nisse).

My mom has been seeing ghosts all her life. I have got that from her. I have seen different paranormal entities with my own eyes. My mom has seen the same things that i have. We saw a shadow being in our house once. 12 years after we moved out, the new owner said that she experienced the same thing, and we did not tell anyone about our experince until she said what she saw. Since i have witnessed the paranormal, then it is easier for me to believe in these creatures.

Every culture, for several thousands of years, has been talking about these creatures. I can only tell of my experiences, which is only a drop of water in the ocean.

I haven't contacted any university or anything like that. I never though that was i thing. I expect that they will laugh at me. There are so many paranormal videos on the internet. I can't imagine that everyone contacts an university to get an expert opinion. To my knowledge, universities are usually dismissive of the paranormal. But one thing did cross my mind, when i recorded a voice saying "mommy", to ask an historical expert, if anyone has died in that area where i recorded that voice. But i will do some research, to see if my local university has anyone interested in the paranormal, and maybe get an opinion about the videos.

I 100% did not fake the video. But the internet is full of fake videos, which makes people also sceptical of the real ones.
But i understand that people will take the paranormal with a grain of salt. I want people to believe me, but i can't force them to. My intention is not to produce fake stuff. I am not that kind of guy. I don't have the conscience to mislead people. But i will try and see if my local university has anyone interested in the paranormal.

I don't make any money from the videos i upload to YT. My YT videos have ads, but they were put there by YT themselves. They are making money on my videos, and not me. I wanted my videos to be ad-free. But YT's new "EULA" says that they can monetize my videos, without me wanting it.
Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions. If I might offer a suggestion, I recommend talking to a folklore/mythology professor at your local university first. I think you'd having a better chance of having the school's technical/engineering types do analysis of your recording if the folklore prof would contact them on your behalf. Even then I'd not couch your story to the techies as paranormal, but rather as an open ended mystery you'd like help identifying.

Again, thanks for sharing the story and best of luck getting assistance from the university. Please keep us informed of your progress.

Thanks for sharing the audio of the scream. Now I am not discounting this could be from an interdimensional being, but could it be an artic fox. I have read that Norway has an intense breeding program going on and that the number of fox are increasing rapidly. The scream of a fox is quite strange and loud, especially during mating. I couldn't help but think it sounded like a fox. We have to rule out all the normal possibilities.

OK...Then i'll share the link to the video on YT. This is the video where the screaming gnome can be heard. I also have another video uploaded, where we can hear something call my name, and that video (and the other ones i will upload later) can be found on my channel. It is nothing innapropriate in that link.

Hey ParaLife. Sorry I’ve been MiA for a while, normal life has taken the bulk of my time these days. I listened to the recording of the YouTube video by Iseegnomes. The one that’s entitled about chatter and yours have a similar energy frequency. And yes it sounds familiar to my dream experience. I have strong past life native ties which is why I think I am abele to tune in as well. Specifically Mayan ties. These are elemental in nature I believe. The chatter I experienced was higher pitched even for the male voices. But I am thinking that much like people have different voices, as do little people. Which is why I believe all of these voice recordings are of lower Octive for them or male voices. The limited exposure I can recognize to the language itself sounds familiar. Good job capturing this! You are not alone!

ParaLife, I did a reading on this. I haven’t touched the subject with a ten foot pole since childhood but since it has come up again…I had to know more. I did get that this is the same species i have experienced. Yes to elemental. They were initially innocent and were rejected by humans due to greed.. they had greed as well… they basically as of late have stopped caring about hiding and seek human support. Which this is because they have some sort of civil war of families going on. There is one side that seeks reconciliation and help from humans and the other side thinks we will continue to reject them and the effort is futile. My letter pull message during the reading said “wise mob, axes, soap, grm silver, up north.” Anyways I think they are here mining for silver for some reason also soap in human households is a commodity. Remember they have greed too. Something about lands in the north may have the resources they seek for personal gain and their own war to win. I know this is crazy but this is the paranormal forum after all. Hope this helps

Ok, I got more… hot subject lots of energy… the next channeled message when I asked what they want soap for…some ritual sacred to them around marriage and it being a limited resource for them. Literally the next message was “ Bust. War. Map. Gas. Best Drug. Help. Goal. Fentanol.” I think this is them recognizing we have a drug epidemic and limited gas resources. Their appearances are like a map and they are trying help us with our goals if we provide a trade. Silver and Soap? Wild. I don’t know about that.. that’s what I got…

I got a reply from a Zoologist today. He mentions that the scream could have been made by a fox. He said it could have been a Vixen Scream, a type of fox scream. I listened to serveral screams and noises made by foxes on YT today. The voice i recorded, i feel is still different to the voice of a screaming fox. The voice i recorded had more fullness to it, and it almost sounds like it was made by a creature that has vocal cords similar to a human. It is also rare to see foxes in this city.

One thing about the scream i recorded, which is important to remember, is that me and my friend did not hear the voice when we walked by this area. According to the recording, it was pretty loud, and we would have heard it as we were walking by.

A Zoologist only has the knowledge about animals and living beings, not the supernatural or the paranormal. I contacted a Zoologist because i could not find any Folklorist at the University at first. But i just found one, a Professor which specializes in folklore, magic, witches, fairy tales and demonology. I will make every recording available to him.

I think he would be more qualified to answer my questions, since he would also have knowledge about gnomes and the paranormal. Those who do not believe in the paranormal (Professors or not), would usually dismiss anything from being supernatural or paranormal. They will debunk anything forever, i feel like. I will keep you guys updated as usual, if or when i get a response from the Folklorist.

Last edited:
Anyways I think they are here mining for silver for some reason also soap in human households is a commodity.
I think it's funny that you mention soap. The last three years, i have been buying a lot of my favorite bar of soap.
I have a closet full of them, i literally mean full. I've got about 200 pieces of them. I must be pretty weird for storing all that soap, since i haven't heard of anyone else doing that. If a gnome really was in my home, then it (they) probably have seen my stash of soap. The gnomes must think i am rich. :D

Last edited:
Absolutely, haha they think you are abundant! Especially with soap. The funny commonality we both have is that I collect foam hand soaps of all different scents myself. I am dangerous in a bath & body works. I too have had a little people experience. I asked if it would be nice to put some bars of soap outside for them. I got Yes they would love that. But they would be attracted and I would be asking for trouble. They have Mob like energy, you’re either in or you’re out and it’s still all about meee me me me. I am one to have compassion but not that much lol. Keep us all posted if you find anything else out!