Had an experience with what i think was a Gnome

I do believe the Vikings called them Dwarves. I could be incorrect ;ss
In Sweden, they are called Tomte. In Norway, they are called Nisse. This is what we call them in these modern times. I wrote Gnome since it is the international or the English word for the same thing. I don't know exactly what the Vikings used to call them. But they had their beliefs based on their Viking-Gods named Odin, Thor and Loki. The God Loki was a mischievous God, that could take many forms since he was a shape-shifter, and he played tricks on people. If i'm not mistaken, i think they incorporated Demons, Gnomes, Tricksters and everything else that was evil, as the same thing bundled into the "term" Loki. They blamed the God Loki for being the cause of all the evil in this world.

In Sweden, they are called Tomte. In Norway, they are called Nisse. This is what we call them in these modern times. I wrote Gnome since it is the international or the English word for the same thing. I don't know exactly what the Vikings used to call them. But they had their beliefs based on their Viking-Gods named Odin, Thor and Loki. The God Loki was a mischievous God, that could take many forms since he was a shape-shifter, and he played tricks on people. If i'm not mistaken, i think they incorporated Demons, Gnomes, Tricksters and everything else that was evil, as the same thing bundled into the "term" Loki. They blamed the God Loki for being the cause of all the evil in this world.
I come from Norwegian heritage. Paternal Grandparents raised me, taught me the old Norse beliefs....Glad to see another with such knowledge :)

That screaming Gnome was incredible to hear. I feel so lucky, since it is so very rare.

Yes, these Gnome entities are typical of Scandinavia. It's been a part of our folklore since always. The irish people refer to these creatures as "Leprechauns", and in Mexico they call them "Duende". The Native Americans call them "The Little People". I didn't know that the "term" Gnome were not used much in the U.S. I guess it's more common outside of the U.S. then.

I am not part of any paranormal research group. I just accidentally caught the voice of that screaming Gnome on camera.

At least there isn't any more activity in my home now. I will read about the trickers you guys were talking about, to learn more. Activity like this is very interesting, but i will rather stay safe, and not stir up any serious trouble with these entities. I have heard that Gnomes can be very dangerous in certain situations. But maybe tricksters and these Gnome entities are the same thing, but we call them by different names.
I am thinking the American equivalent to a Gnome might be a Gobblin.

Interesting… I would be interested to hear the voice. I had what I assume to be a psychic past life dream once where I was living in a woodland area. I referred to these entities in my dream as little people. I had no idea Native Americans actually referred to them with that name. In my dream I intuitively knew they were tricksters and a bit pesky like they would move in and take over like an infestation of mice but way more intelligent. I remember their language as tiny chatter but they could also speak English to me. Two little people were ransacking my home and I caught one in a jar. I threatened him not to come back and released him into the woods. The dream was so vivid I woke up disturbed. I would recommend stating out loud they are not welcome in your home before they think they have an opportunity to move in.

Interesting… I would be interested to hear the voice. I had what I assume to be a psychic past life dream once where I was living in a woodland area. I referred to these entities in my dream as little people. I had no idea Native Americans actually referred to them with that name. In my dream I intuitively knew they were tricksters and a bit pesky like they would move in and take over like an infestation of mice but way more intelligent. I remember their language as tiny chatter but they could also speak English to me. Two little people were ransacking my home and I caught one in a jar. I threatened him not to come back and released him into the woods. The dream was so vivid I woke up disturbed. I would recommend stating out loud they are not welcome in your home before they think they have an opportunity to move in.
I clearly remember when this happened (Lindsey is my daughter), and she remembers it the same today as back then. She was visibly upset at the time.

I would recommend stating out loud they are not welcome in your home before they think they have an opportunity to move in.
I said out loud that i would not reveal where i captured that screaming gnome on camera. I haven't experienced anything in my home after that. But if any activity is again starting in my home, i will tell them to leave, at least if they only seem to create trouble.

I referred to these entities in my dream as little people. I had no idea Native Americans actually referred to them with that name.
The Native Americans has many stories about the little people. It is quite interesting to hear. They also talk about meeting all kinds of creatures while having dreams or lucid dreams. I have myself experienced been visited by spirits and ghosts in my dreams. I have also had dead relatives visit me in my dreams, where they tell me about things that are going to happen. These spirits and energies has always been around us, even though we can't usually see them. I am not scared of these things anymore, but i think they respect us if we respect them.

I remember their language as tiny chatter but they could also speak English to me.
There is a guy on YT, that uploaded a video of what he says was two gnomes chatting, over 12 years ago. It would be interesting to know if it was a similar chatter, to what you heard in your dream. His video on YT is named "Gnome chatter captured on audio?", and his channel is named "ImSeeingGnomes".

Two little people were ransacking my home and I caught one in a jar.
I just hope they don't start stealing my stuff. That would not make me very happy. They are known to steal things from people. But these creatures probably don't think they are stealing, but rather borrowing or trading. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I am currently editing another of these gnome videos that i have captured, and it was captured when it was dark outside, in the same area where i captured that screaming gnome. There are sounds that sounds like a voice is saying "Uh Oh", followed by a voice that also responds with a "Uh Oh". The voices are sort of echoing, but not exactly like echoes.

Initially i thought that the video only contained these voices, but in some frames of the video, just seconds before the first "Uh Oh", i can see a small red glowing orb in the garden area. This light appears as a red light (in the size of a plum) and it has two red\pink shining figures, or dots, inside it. When i brighten up the video, i can see that it was no animal. To my knowledge, no animal has red glowing eyes anyways. My camera does not project any red light either.

It could seem like something manifested itself in that garden, just before the voices were caught on camera. Maybe it was some other type of fairy creature, like a tinkerbell type. But i am no expert on these things. Whatever it was, it was glowing red, or had a sort of red glowing aura around it.

Something is definitely going on in that garden. It must be full of these creatures.

Some of these videos are already uploaded to YT. I will have the rest uploaded in the next coming weeks.
We are probably not allowed to share links here, so it would be difficult to share those videos here. But i would want people that are interested in these things, to see these videos. I feel very lucky that i am able to capture and document this type of phenomena.

I am currently editing another of these gnome videos that i have captured, and it was captured when it was dark outside, in the same area where i captured that screaming gnome. There are sounds that sounds like a voice is saying "Uh Oh", followed by a voice that also responds with a "Uh Oh". The voices are sort of echoing, but not exactly like echoes.

Initially i thought that the video only contained these voices, but in some frames of the video, just seconds before the first "Uh Oh", i can see a small red glowing orb in the garden area. This light appears as a red light (in the size of a plum) and it has two red\pink shining figures, or dots, inside it. When i brighten up the video, i can see that it was no animal. To my knowledge, no animal has red glowing eyes anyways. My camera does not project any red light either.

It could seem like something manifested itself in that garden, just before the voices were caught on camera. Maybe it was some other type of fairy creature, like a tinkerbell type. But i am no expert on these things. Whatever it was, it was glowing red, or had a sort of red glowing aura around it.

Something is definitely going on in that garden. It must be full of these creatures.

Some of these videos are already uploaded to YT. I will have the rest uploaded in the next coming weeks.
We are probably not allowed to share links here, so it would be difficult to share those videos here. But i would want people that are interested in these things, to see these videos. I feel very lucky that i am able to capture and document this type of phenomena.
We share links here all the time, as long as they are not inappropriate.

We share links here all the time, as long as they are not inappropriate.
OK...Then i'll share the link to the video on YT. This is the video where the screaming gnome can be heard. I also have another video uploaded, where we can hear something call my name, and that video (and the other ones i will upload later) can be found on my channel. It is nothing innapropriate in that link.

OK...Then i'll share the link to the video on YT. This is the video where the screaming gnome can be heard. I also have another video uploaded, where we can hear something call my name, and that video (and the other ones i will upload later) can be found on my channel. It is nothing innapropriate in that link.

Can you give us background on the recording? I think you said earlier it was recorded in a garden area in Norway in the summer, but can you give us an approximate location? Was the recording made in a rural setting, or a more urban area? Is there significant wildlife in the area? Did you use any filters/enhancers on the recording or are we hearing exactly what you recorded? Also, is there any particular reason you opted to upload only the audio and not the video?

I'm curious why you came to the conclusion this was a gnome? Are they like the banshees of Ireland, known for screams in your culture? Have you considered taking the recording to a local natural history museum or university for opinions and/or analysis? Might also be interesting to get a local folklorist's take on this. In the US, many universities have professors of folklore, not sure about Norway.

Btw, I'm not questioning your integrity or accusing you of fakery. This is totally out of my knowledge base, I'm just trying to better understand what the circumstances were surrounding the recording and what efforts you've made to have it analyzed.

Thanks