Getting to know you....

I will add you on to the schedule alert thread, Tia. It's in the PM section ...the little envelope in the upper right hand corner there will alert you that you have a message We meet Tuesd. through Fri for podcasts, I give you a link, and then I say "GO" so we all start together. If you arrive late, I can always give you a timestamp so you can catch up to where we are. Saturday nights we meet for movie night, which is just plain fun for all. We comment on a move, which is always on youtube so if you have Roku or a second device to use, you can chat and watch at the same time. We can help you figure that out. Our tech, Critter (7Christie) has very good instructions on this.

Awesome, Thank you Debi I'm going to have to at least give them both a try, although I can't promise that I'll always be available. But it sounds like fun so I'll be looking forward to them.

I'm not sure if I'm doing this right but since I've been haunting this forum the last few days (not intentionally, just couldn't figure out how to start a new post so I hope I'm doing this right) I'm Tia, I'm married and have 3 children and I'm in the process of adopting a 9 m.o. baby boy. I'm also an animal lover so I have fur, feathered and scale babies too. I've been interested in all things paranormal basically all of my life due to all the various experiences with the unexplained I've had even as a small child. I may post about them at some point along with other info but for now I'll just say that I really like the positive energy this forum has and I think I'll fit right in. I'm looking forward to talking with you all.
Hi Tia. You did perfect. Welcome to the ParaNormal Forum.

Hello, I'm No One.

I'm here because I discovered something and have no one to talk to about it. If i discuss it with my wife she freaks out, and I fear talking about it aloud may incur further attention from these strangers in the dark. I wonder if even writing this is a safe idea, but I need allies and have none who believe me.

My Story begins with a video I saw on youtube. The Video was titled "What if Cthulhu was real?"

I found the video fascinating, watching all of its related videos about Azathoth and Yogg Sasothoth.

From there, I was compelled to read Lovecraft's works, noticing as I did that there was a a strange and admirable quality to the level of terror he was able to bring by creating this unknowable terror that we mere humans cannot even describe.

While I read, I was inspired to write, and so gave an hour a day to both reading his work, and writing my own stories. And as I wrote, i started to look for other sources of material to pull from.

This is what I found.

The Nightmare | Netflix

Supposing you did not watch that whole movie, here are the bullet points.
- This is not a work of fiction.
- Sleep paralysis is a condition where a person is fully conscious, but stuck in the paralyzed state of deep sleep.
- during this time, people see terrifying visions of demons, dead people, and are tormented by said entities throughout the experience.
- It does not appear to be all in their head, as some of the visions are shared by people sleeping next to each other, and the experience can be past to others just by mentioning it, sorta like freddy krueger (a point they make in the film)

I decided to do some research. Turns out this is a real experience, with 8% of the population humans experiencing it(drawn from a pool of 36,000 participants), a number increased to 28% in at risk groups, and 34% in those with psychiatric issues.

I, as it turned out, would also be a victim of this experience and others as now things touch me and blow on the back of my neck while I write with no one there to account for it.

No One...

But, I am not afraid. I'm diving into this and will post all my findings and experiences.

Oh, and this is what I uncovered just today that made me start this account.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1647019/pdf/amjph00260-0037.pdf

I have found the Unknowable terrors, and they were not in the books.

I'll post again soon.

Reactions: Armand
Welcome, No One. There are a few members here who suffer from SP on a regular basis. I’ve been inches from death before but nothing compares to the terror of sleep paralysis.

My wife and I have Netflix so maybe we’ll check out the video. Thanks for sharing your experiences.

Reactions: 7Critter and Debi
HWelcome to the forum. I can relate to a fewello, I'm No One.

I'm here because I discovered something and have no one to talk to about it. If i discuss it with my wife she freaks out, and I fear talking about it aloud may incur further attention from these strangers in the dark. I wonder if even writing this is a safe idea, but I need allies and have none who believe me.

My Story begins with a video I saw on youtube. The Video was titled "What if Cthulhu was real?"

I found the video fascinating, watching all of its related videos about Azathoth and Yogg Sasothoth.

From there, I was compelled to read Lovecraft's works, noticing as I did that there was a a strange and admirable quality to the level of terror he was able to bring by creating this unknowable terror that we mere humans cannot even describe.

While I read, I was inspired to write, and so gave an hour a day to both reading his work, and writing my own stories. And as I wrote, i started to look for other sources of material to pull from.

This is what I found.

The Nightmare | Netflix

Supposing you did not watch that whole movie, here are the bullet points.
- This is not a work of fiction.
- Sleep paralysis is a condition where a person is fully conscious, but stuck in the paralyzed state of deep sleep.
- during this time, people see terrifying visions of demons, dead people, and are tormented by said entities throughout the experience.
- It does not appear to be all in their head, as some of the visions are shared by people sleeping next to each other, and the experience can be past to others just by mentioning it, sorta like freddy krueger (a point they make in the film)

I decided to do some research. Turns out this is a real experience, with 8% of the population humans experiencing it(drawn from a pool of 36,000 participants), a number increased to 28% in at risk groups, and 34% in those with psychiatric issues.

I, as it turned out, would also be a victim of this experience and others as now things touch me and blow on the back of my neck while I write with no one there to account for it.

No One...

But, I am not afraid. I'm diving into this and will post all my findings and experiences.

Oh, and this is what I uncovered just today that made me start this account.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1647019/pdf/amjph00260-0037.pdf

I have found the Unknowable terrors, and they were not in the books.

I'll post again soon.

Welcome to the forum I can relate to a few of the subjects like sleep paralysis I did not watch the whole video but I promise you I will if it is anything like you explained I'm sure i will have to come back and continue the discussion OR if you like why don't you create a new thread solely on the video and sleep paralysis? If you do please create it under this forum Spirituality / MetaPhysics / OBE / NDE

Welcome to the forum I can relate to a few of the subjects like sleep paralysis I did not watch the whole video but I promise you I will if it is anything like you explained I'm sure i will have to come back and continue the discussion OR if you like why don't you create a new thread solely on the video and sleep paralysis? If you do please create it under this forum Spirituality / MetaPhysics / OBE / NDE
Sorry, Armand, but I moved it into the Paranormal experiences area, as that is more appropirate since he is experiencing this. I'm tweaking some areas of the forum this week and it will be a better placement.

Reactions: 7Critter