Getting to know you....

Hello everyone! Wow, it's been a really long time since I've made an introductory post on a forum. I guess I'll just dive right in, I'm here because back around maybe 2004-2005, there was a website just that had a really great forum, I remember making so many friends there, and always feeling at home and not judged by the community there. I wonder if anybody here had been on there? Anyway, I miss being part of that kind of space and am looking for somewhere new.

I suffer from a pretty severe anxiety disorder that is (currently due to no insurance) going untreated so talking to pretty much anyone or going out in public is very hard for me. Thankfully I have my wife here and my little furry children so I can't say I'm lonely per say, but she also suffers from anxiety so we both are basically shut ins, haha.

So, why paranormal? Well I've had some completely inexplicable situations come up throughout my life, I've had chronic sleep paralysis since a young child, and all of this culminated in an intense dive into the occult in searching for answers. I never found any, but I'm not really quite finished looking yet, either. With age comes wisdom however, now that I'm getting closer and closer to the big 3-0 I've mellowed down to a pretty average guy. Pagan, history nerd, Norse mythology fanboy...well, really, all the mythologies. I love Celtic music, heavy metal, classical. Podcasts, pretty much everything besides TV.

It's irrelevant, but it's been 1 1/2 months since I've had a cigarette, and I smoked for ten years straight.

I really look forward to getting to know everyone. I'm welcome to messages of any kind, please feel free to say hi. We can talk about ghosts and stuff.
Welcome aboard. Pagan... history nerd... Norse mythology and paranormal stuff! Sounds familiar... Though you are doing far better on not smoking than I am. I look forward to hearing more!

Reactions: Lynne
Welcome. It is a nice design!
If you are referring to the design and layout of the ParaNormal Forum website, we can thank the founder Bob Bain for the different Xenforo templates offered. I especially like UI.X Dark for it's light letters on a dark background. Bob has moved on to other ventures, but is still active on this forum.

Reactions: Lynne and Benway
I'm not sure if I'm doing this right but since I've been haunting this forum the last few days (not intentionally, just couldn't figure out how to start a new post so I hope I'm doing this right) I'm Tia, I'm married and have 3 children and I'm in the process of adopting a 9 m.o. baby boy. I'm also an animal lover so I have fur, feathered and scale babies too. I've been interested in all things paranormal basically all of my life due to all the various experiences with the unexplained I've had even as a small child. I may post about them at some point along with other info but for now I'll just say that I really like the positive energy this forum has and I think I'll fit right in. I'm looking forward to talking with you all.

I'm not sure if I'm doing this right but since I've been haunting this forum the last few days (not intentionally, just couldn't figure out how to start a new post so I hope I'm doing this right) I'm Tia, I'm married and have 3 children and I'm in the process of adopting a 9 m.o. baby boy. I'm also an animal lover so I have fur, feathered and scale babies too. I've been interested in all things paranormal basically all of my life due to all the various experiences with the unexplained I've had even as a small child. I may post about them at some point along with other info but for now I'll just say that I really like the positive energy this forum has and I think I'll fit right in. I'm looking forward to talking with you all.
Welcome Tia have a look around and relax you are among friendly people here.

Welcome Tia. We are a positive group and rudeness is not tolerated so you are safe to give your opinions and share your expierences. There’s info on the regulars here at the beginning of this thread. We have a live chat and share a show at 10 Pm EST if you want to join us. I look forward to hearing your imput.

Welcome, Tia! If you have any other problems figuring out how to post, just let us know right here and we're glad to help you through that process. You sound like you have your hands full with all the "babies" there! So glad to have you with us.

Thank you all for the warm welcome. Yes things around here get crazy some days, but it's not so terrible I enjoy staying busy especially since me and sleep aren't exactly the best of friends I'm an extreme insomniac & other things so I may sleep 12 hours in a week at times. My 2 oldest sons are grown 32 & 29 and my daughter is 8 and now I have the baby, and a husband (my biggest baby :). As for my other "babies" I have 2 fish (supposed to be my daughters) 2 cranky cats, a German shepherd and a YFA parrot. But I'm really glad to be here and I'll join in where I can and share more of my history then. I was wondering if the area where "todays question" is, can anyone post a question there for the question or is it only for admin / mod postings them?

Welcome Tia. We are a positive group and rudeness is not tolerated so you are safe to give your opinions and share your expierences. There’s info on the regulars here at the beginning of this thread. We have a live chat and share a show at 10 Pm EST if you want to join us. I look forward to hearing your imput.

I'm not sure if I can join in on the chat unless it's later in the evenings, and then I'd need help to get familiar. And would definitely need someone to explain how to get in to share the show? I'm an hour behind in time but 9 Pm for me is good since bedtime for everyone else here is 8 Pm. Is this every night?

I was wondering if the area where "todays question" is, can anyone post a question there for the question or is it only for admin / mod postings them?
If you have a question of the day, Tia, happy to share my nest with you. :)

I'm not sure if I can join in on the chat unless it's later in the evenings, and then I'd need help to get familiar. And would definitely need someone to explain how to get in to share the show? I'm an hour behind in time but 9 Pm for me is good since bedtime for everyone else here is 8 Pm. Is this every night?
I will add you on to the schedule alert thread, Tia. It's in the PM section ...the little envelope in the upper right hand corner there will alert you that you have a message We meet Tuesd. through Fri for podcasts, I give you a link, and then I say "GO" so we all start together. If you arrive late, I can always give you a timestamp so you can catch up to where we are. Saturday nights we meet for movie night, which is just plain fun for all. We comment on a move, which is always on youtube so if you have Roku or a second device to use, you can chat and watch at the same time. We can help you figure that out. Our tech, Critter (7Christie) has very good instructions on this.