EVP

M.D.K

Reaction score
I found this one on my phone, but I just can't work out what they're saying, this one's had to confused for ages.
Depending on the Tempo/Pitch I'm hearing what appears to be a female(?) Saying either "water", "Walter", "wrong side", "what's" or "Ruatai" followed by an inaudible sound/word, atleast I think I did this recording but not sure if it's a out from elsewhere as they sound like some of my other recordings do.
Also I have questions about another recording I just don't understand what's happening.

Long story short, I can hear who I believe is my Aunt speaking at NORMAL human speed, but the others speak very, very fast and I have to slow the recording down, how is this possible? I understand knowing the person in life you can learn speech patterns but how can I can hearing at normal human speed?

Last edited:
I've had both occur...the fast and also normal speed voices. I have a few guesses on it, but nothing I can back up with facts. However, both can occur.

I've had both occur...the fast and also normal speed voices. I have a few guesses on it, but nothing I can back up with facts. However, both can occur.
These are very, very fast a 12-second clip that I can hear a person clearing talking like anyone living would, becomes 1 min and 7 seconds and I can hear possibly multiple people and quite a bit of dialogue after I slow it down and save it as a new file, I can hear two different dialogue when changing the pitch, one male and one female.

Last edited:
This is a very short clip. I can’t make anything out. However I often can’t hear these EVPs. Others can tho. Perhaps Titch will look at it.

I can hear one indecipherable word. Can't figure out what they are saying at all.
I'm hearing what's most likely "water/Walter or Ruatai", followed by an unknown sound.
This is a very short clip. I can’t make anything out. However I often can’t hear these EVPs. Others can tho. Perhaps Titch will look at it.
Yeah it's pretty odd yet, very interesting how some people can hear them easier, while others cannot.
I've always wondered why that is, I've played other clips to family members yet they have either heard nothing or something totally different from what I can hear.

Reactions: garnetsilver
Broken down into two segments - Clip1: the "fast" capture, and Clip2, the "slow" capture.

Clip1

This has been amplified by about 20dB and slowed down considerably from the original. I am hearing what could be defined as a gunshot, followed by a voice (male?) saying "Here's something else".

Clip2

Again, some amplification and slowed down a bit to try and make out the two words I was hearing. Concluded that the first word was "raw" and second was "chan-ge". Maybe the same voice (judging on the tones heard).

See the clips I have posted, Jahara. These have been slowed down and amplified.
I did, I think they would be clearer if they were slowed down some more. It sounds like someone is saying "water" but It isn't clear enough to be sure.