EVP

I have one of my favorite EVPs to share here. William Palmer EVP - This was recorded at the Shingle Springs Cemetery in 2008 by myself at the grave of William Palmer, a well known are rancher and former 49er gold miner - He died in 1895 and was buried in a prominent above-ground crypt there in the pioneer cemetery. It is one of my first class-A EVPs. Thought some of you might enjoy hearing it. Photos of his grave and story are at his findagrave memorial.

Reactions: Selectric
Sounds to me like someone asking "What time is it?"
Yeah this one is weird it sounds like a whole lot of different things!
Broken down into two segments - Clip1: the "fast" capture, and Clip2, the "slow" capture.

Clip1

This has been amplified by about 20dB and slowed down considerably from the original. I am hearing what could be defined as a gunshot, followed by a voice (male?) saying "Here's something else".

Clip2

Again, some amplification and slowed down a bit to try and make out the two words I was hearing. Concluded that the first word was "raw" and second was "chan-ge". Maybe the same voice (judging on the tones heard).
I just re-listened to the "Here's something else" one, and I'm wondering is that a female voice or a male? Listening by ear I hear female?

Last edited:
I found this one on my phone, but I just can't work out what they're saying, this one's had to confused for ages.
Depending on the Tempo/Pitch I'm hearing what appears to be a female(?) Saying either "water", "Walter", "wrong side", "what's" or "Ruatai" followed by an inaudible sound/word, atleast I think I did this recording but not sure if it's a out from elsewhere as they sound like some of my other recordings do.
Also I have questions about another recording I just don't understand what's happening.

Long story short, I can hear who I believe is my Aunt speaking at NORMAL human speed, but the others speak very, very fast and I have to slow the recording down, how is this possible? I understand knowing the person in life you can learn speech patterns but how can I can hearing at normal human speed?
Sounds like "Roger" to me.

I have one of my favorite EVPs to share here. William Palmer EVP - This was recorded at the Shingle Springs Cemetery in 2008 by myself at the grave of William Palmer, a well known are rancher and former 49er gold miner - He died in 1895 and was buried in a prominent above-ground crypt there in the pioneer cemetery. It is one of my first class-A EVPs. Thought some of you might enjoy hearing it. Photos of his grave and story are at his findagrave memorial.
Pretty cool. Distinctly heard William...rest almost had an accent to it, couldn't quite make it out.

Reactions: SoulStream
Pretty cool. Distinctly heard William...rest almost had an accent to it, couldn't quite make it out.
Yes - He was from North Carolina - Definitely had a southern accent going on... Thanks for listening to the recording!

Reactions: Selectric