Dreams

Thank you, Debi! The very last dream I had with her, we were on a beach and she wanted me to help her get to the other side of this sort of protrusion made of rocks. In order to get to the other side, one had to wade in pretty deep water and then walk around the protrusion, which would bring us to another section of the beach. I took her on my back, and as we entered the water, a bracelet that she was wearing broke and fell off into the water. I knew then that the dream visits would end; I don't know why, I just did. I looked up dream meanings, and one of them said that the breaking bracelet symbolized a broken family or relationship connection.
I throw all the books away. I go by what it evokes within me.

I see that as you have to get to the new beach and you will both meet up again, either in dreamstate or when she's old enough to come looking for you. Just my take on that.

I just started trying to focus more on my dreams, on remembering them and translating messages of signs I receive from them. When I first started I noticed that I was doing pretty well at remembering them but in the past week or so I wake up and I just remember glimpses which is the opposite of what I thought was going to happen. I have noticed that I often dream in the third person, there are other times where I am someone else in my dream, never anyone I know and I sometimes see myself through another's eyes. But when that happens it's always just out of the corner of my eye, I never fully see myself. As for visitation of passed loved ones in my dreams I am only ever visited by one person, my grandfather. It is of him when he was young, I will have to ask my mother if she has a photo of him in his thirties to see if that is the age he is when he appear. I have noticed that when I do dream of him it always seems to be when there is drama going of within the family whether I am involved or not. I think it is because he was who I always talked to whenever there was problems going on, either for guidance of just to gossip about it.
Now I have a question for everyone have you ever dreamed in black and white? Whenever I have asked this it usually seems to be common in those over the age of 50, I think it goes hand and hand with the fact that they grew up watching everything in black and white, I myself have dreamed a few times in black and white and I attribute it to being because I watch a lot of things in black and white. And with that being said do you believe that dreams can be influenced by what you watch and the environment you surround yourself in before you sleep? I personally have mixed feeling about this. I tend to watch a lot of horror movies, I even read horror books before bed, but I don't dream about horror that often, I do though have three reoccurring dreams that are about two characters in horror movies. Also only one of them I would consider a nightmare.
Sorry for the long post, believe it or not I shortened it. It's just that dreams seem to be holding a huge importance to me right now.
I seldom dream in black and white, but I do a lot of artwork in B&W, so that in a way, subconsciensly is a preference for me....as far as your surroundings influencing your dreams, I think subconciensly you pick up on things throughout the day that at times can play out in dreams. But I agree with Debi that there are differant type dreams, some that meen something and some that are maybe just dreams.....

I see that as you have to get to the new beach and you will both meet up again, either in dreamstate or when she's old enough to come looking for you. Just my take on that.
Or that boundaries can be overcome...

Same with me!

I am going to share something the brings a bit of emotional pain, but am sharing it to emphasize what you said about there being many types of dreams, Debi. I have an adult daughter who suffers from mental health issues. She had a child, about ten years ago, whom protective services took away from her. I offered to take her, since it was my first grandchild, but because of statements that my daughter made, the state refused to let me take her. The statements weren't true, of course. So, it broke my heart to see my granddaughter given to strangers. The couple couldn't have children, and were overjoyed to take her. I grieved for a long time about that! The adoptive mother was very friendly at first, and sent me frequent emails and pictures. And then, gradually, the emails and pics stopped, because the woman had remarried and had a second child, and was just too busy to keep me updated.

But something strange started to happen. My granddaughter began appearing in my dreams. But they didn't feel like dreams; each time, she would arrive in a car, driven by a woman that I didn't recognize. Her reactions to me were as if she were really meeting me for the first time; at first she would be shy and stand offish, then she would start to sit near me, always gazing at me with eyes that were wise beyond her years. Each time, she would be a little older, just as she would in real time. Once there was a dream where we were all at a beach, and she came and sat by me, sharing some sea shells that she had picked up. Her adoptive mother's face was always a blur in these dreams. After that dream, I received an unexpected email from the adoptive mother, saying that they had all moved to California, and that frequently visited the beach. These "visit" dreams continued until she turned seven years old, then after one more dream, they stopped. Although I found them bittersweet, I always cherish them because I felt that my grandchild was actually visiting me on the astral plane.
Thank you for sharing your story.

I like that take very much. I would love for her finally meet with me in person!

I wanted to comment on dreaming in black and white. I had read the other day that some people consistently dream in black and white, others in color. I have always dreamed in vivid color; the one and only time I ever dreamed in black and white, was while I was severely depressed, back when I was in my teens.

But something strange started to happen. My granddaughter began appearing in my dreams. But they didn't feel like dreams; each time, she would arrive in a car, driven by a woman that I didn't recognize. Her reactions to me were as if she were really meeting me for the first time; at first she would be shy and stand offish, then she would start to sit near me, always gazing at me with eyes that were wise beyond her years. Each time, she would be a little older, just as she would in real time. Once there was a dream where we were all at a beach, and she came and sat by me, sharing some sea shells that she had picked up. Her adoptive mother's face was always a blur in these dreams. After that dream, I received an unexpected email from the adoptive mother, saying that they had all moved to California, and that frequently visited the beach. These "visit" dreams continued until she turned seven years old, then after one more dream, they stopped. Although I found them bittersweet, I always cherish them because I felt that my grandchild was actually visiting me on the astral plane.

That is a beautiful story garnetsilver. Thank you for sharing it. Here is the thing. I would say that the astral plane and the dream realm/plane are different places. It seems from your words that your visits were taking place in the dream realm. That women that brought her to you was more than likely a Guide. That is not unusual at all. Here is the other thing. Children have an enormous ability to harness their Spiritual Self's. When we are born into this world it is just a natural thing. As a young child we learn to communicate with the Spirit world all around us. But, with each passing year the Spirit World fade's farther into the background and the Physical World becomes more solid. As these year's pass, what came naturally, then easily, now start's to take effort, eventually a lot of effort. In essence, we forget Spiritual World or it fade's into the mist as we become more and more invested in the Physical. Seven would be a time of transference from two worlds fully into one.

The very last dream I had with her, we were on a beach and she wanted me to help her get to the other side of this sort of protrusion made of rocks. In order to get to the other side, one had to wade in pretty deep water and then walk around the protrusion, which would bring us to another section of the beach. I took her on my back, and as we entered the water, a bracelet that she was wearing broke and fell off into the water.

To me, this dream signifies the barrier between dream realm and physical world. She needed your help to cross the barrier. You see. It gets harder as we lose our child self. But, you did help her, and together you crossed the barrier one last time. For Now. The bracelet that broke and fell into the water will remain within the boundaries of the barrier until one or both of you make that crossing again. A Gift so to speak A Remembrance. A Promise. A Marker. That your grand-daughter came to you through a Guide mean's that you are bound Spiritually and your Journey together is not over, just beginning. You will travel many Path's together in the dream realm. I do not see if those Paths will come into the physical. Either way, you will be together.

Whoo. That was intense. :construction::crystalball::flashlight::coldsweat::p That barrier is a bi*ch. lol

Okay. I always dream in color. I suffered horrendous nightmare's from as far back as I can remember until my mid-twenties when I found out my older sister suffered not just nightmare's but the SAME nightmares. After a whole lot of discussion and many weeks of hmmm... we jointly decided to stop running and fight. Which is what we did. In Ronin's word's, we unconsciously taught ourselves lucid dreaming and turned the table's - took control. I still have a bugger get through every once in a while, but banish the darkness we did.

I have dreams and then I have Vision Dream's. There is no mistaking the two. Vision Dream's always come with a Guide (by the way), a Council of some kind, and a Teacher/Elder. Those I do not forget. Not a moment. As soon as I wake up I record them.

I am always my age as I am in waking in both kind's of dreams. Lucky me. 'sigh'.

Let's see, let's see. Oh, Astral Travel. Well. Just once. I was in Phoenix visiting a friend of my sister's in this big beautiful home on the desert in the middle of no where. I decided to take a nap so I retired to the room I was staying in and fell asleep. Then, I was flying through the air. Higher and higher and covering vast distance's. I flew over corn fields and river's and other. I was quite into it. Then, BAMMMM! Hard. I was literally knocked back into my body by this elderly lady who was really mad. She said "you KNOW your are forbidden to fly girl!" And then I was awake. I was not offered or have never been offered an understanding or explanation -- but, I'll tell you. I ain't crossing that One's authority regardless. Clean knocked my Spirit Self 3 ways to Sunday. Ouch.

What a sad but beautiful thing, Garnet. Thank you for sharing that because I'm sure that was difficult.

I always have hope in these situations with family, Garnet. First, when she hit the age of 7, the natural childhood connection tends to fade. We can do marvelous things as children until someone tells us that magic isn't real. (They are wrong.) But my sense is that someday you will connect with this child again. I pray for that joyous moment to come your way.
I agree with Debi. Thanks for sharing that.

That is a beautiful story garnetsilver. Thank you for sharing it. Here is the thing. I would say that the astral plane and the dream realm/plane are different places. It seems from your words that your visits were taking place in the dream realm. That women that brought her to you was more than likely a Guide. That is not unusual at all. Here is the other thing. Children have an enormous ability to harness their Spiritual Self's. When we are born into this world it is just a natural thing. As a young child we learn to communicate with the Spirit world all around us. But, with each passing year the Spirit World fade's farther into the background and the Physical World becomes more solid. As these year's pass, what came naturally, then easily, now start's to take effort, eventually a lot of effort. In essence, we forget Spiritual World or it fade's into the mist as we become more and more invested in the Physical. Seven would be a time of transference from two worlds fully into one.

To me, this dream signifies the barrier between dream realm and physical world. She needed your help to cross the barrier. You see. It gets harder as we lose our child self. But, you did help her, and together you crossed the barrier one last time. For Now. The bracelet that broke and fell into the water will remain within the boundaries of the barrier until one or both of you make that crossing again. A Gift so to speak A Remembrance. A Promise. A Marker. That your grand-daughter came to you through a Guide mean's that you are bound Spiritually and your Journey together is not over, just beginning. You will travel many Path's together in the dream realm. I do not see if those Paths will come into the physical. Either way, you will be together.

Whoo. That was intense. :construction::crystalball::flashlight::coldsweat::p That barrier is a bi*ch. lol
What you say rings very true, Darcy! Thank you for that interpretation. I felt a karmic pull the moment I saw the picture of her as a newborn. A joyful recognition, and it crushed me that she would be raised by strangers. I am glad we were able to connect in other ways, and pray that one day we will meet in real time - or even the way we did before!