Dreams

same with me, always around the 30 year age range, which is kinda noteworthy in how that coincides with a lot of spiritual visitations and things of that nature, is there a link with that and if so just what may that be....is that the "soul self" as you call it, the prime age that we choose to always remain or identify with.....ahhh, more to think on this.
Now, as I was taught, our soul self appears at that age for us. Interesting that the number 3 is a holy number, and I also have since attached some significance to the fact Jesus was said to be 33 at his death and resurrection. I think most of us over 50 continue the mental picture of ourselves at that younger age as well.

Most reports of spirit visitations, ie. relatives, etc., are normally reported as appearing about this age and in perfect health as well. Now, this would not be our own mind's picture of them if they were older at death, but they can also appear as their death age to help us recognize them in some cases.

When my mother died of cancer, she was in her seventies. A few years later, I dreamed that I entered a Cathedral and there she was! I went over to sit by her, and she looked to be about thirty years old. In life, our relationship was stormy, so this dream was healing because she looked happy and healthy and she was openly glad to see me.

When my mother died of cancer, she was in her seventies. A few years later, I dreamed that I entered a Cathedral and there she was! I went over to sit by her, and she looked to be about thirty years old. In life, our relationship was stormy, so this dream was healing because she looked happy and healthy and she was openly glad to see me.
That triggers a memory for me. After mom passed, she appeared to me at that age of 30. I didn't recognize her at first and then I found myself as a child looking at her and then I remembered and became 30 myself again. I had forgotten that.

Now, as I was taught, our soul self appears at that age for us. Interesting that the number 3 is a holy number, and I also have since attached some significance to the fact Jesus was said to be 33 at his death and resurrection. I think most of us over 50 continue the mental picture of ourselves at that younger age as well.

Most reports of spirit visitations, ie. relatives, etc., are normally reported as appearing about this age and in perfect health as well. Now, this would not be our own mind's picture of them if they were older at death, but they can also appear as their death age to help us recognize them in some cases.

In my religion, we have always been taught that your spirit/soul will look about 30-33 as well. And they will "appear" to you at that age. But as Debi said, they sometimes appear as an older age to help us recognize them.

That triggers a memory for me. After mom passed, she appeared to me at that age of 30. I didn't recognize her at first and then I found myself as a child looking at her and then I remembered and became 30 myself again. I had forgotten that.
yes ive had a few friends relate similar experiances to me also of passed loved ones, and they always seemed to be in that age range when seen., this is actually one of the reasons ive wondered this about the dream state/realm and even leading into astral travel.. ..the soul self, i like that, and think that needs to be the focus sometimes...what if when trying to learn to enter the spirit realm we put too much emphasis on the third eye and meditation / relaxation that we lose track of what to really concentrate on....you know, cant see the forest for the trees, or the moon because of the finger type thing...lol... im not really sure what answers im searching for with this, just random musings and thoughts that may all come together at some point.. just a think tank idea to be expanded on and maybe an aha moment of sorts..
lots of good info/ideas so far,

yes ive had a few friends relate similar experiances to me also of passed loved ones, and they always seemed to be in that age range when seen., this is actually one of the reasons ive wondered this about the dream state/realm and even leading into astral travel.. ..the soul self, i like that, and think that needs to be the focus sometimes...what if when trying to learn to enter the spirit realm we put too much emphasis on the third eye and meditation / relaxation that we lose track of what to really concentrate on....you know, cant see the forest for the trees, or the moon because of the finger type thing...lol... im not really sure what answers im searching for with this, just random musings and thoughts that may all come together at some point.. just a think tank idea to be expanded on and maybe an aha moment of sorts..
lots of good info/ideas so far,
I'm enjoying the thread, Paul, and please feel free to post these kinds of things. Ronin also did and some good discussion came forth there as well.

I know that when I astral travel, I'm not thinking about it! It just happens. Many people are stuck in the "instructions"...the how to. Perhaps because this was made so"normal" to me as a child I simply didn't forget the how to part. My sense of it is it happens when it NEEDS to happen. If I need some knowledge from across the border, then it happens.

There are many types of dreams, and dream visitations tend to stand out as their own type of dreamstate. People remember these more often than any other dreams, and with a clarity that is often missing from other dreams. Dreams of knowledge, prophecy, and visitations are often much different than the other dreams had on a regular basis. At least that's my take on them.

I just started trying to focus more on my dreams, on remembering them and translating messages of signs I receive from them. When I first started I noticed that I was doing pretty well at remembering them but in the past week or so I wake up and I just remember glimpses which is the opposite of what I thought was going to happen. I have noticed that I often dream in the third person, there are other times where I am someone else in my dream, never anyone I know and I sometimes see myself through another's eyes. But when that happens it's always just out of the corner of my eye, I never fully see myself. As for visitation of passed loved ones in my dreams I am only ever visited by one person, my grandfather. It is of him when he was young, I will have to ask my mother if she has a photo of him in his thirties to see if that is the age he is when he appear. I have noticed that when I do dream of him it always seems to be when there is drama going of within the family whether I am involved or not. I think it is because he was who I always talked to whenever there was problems going on, either for guidance of just to gossip about it.
Now I have a question for everyone have you ever dreamed in black and white? Whenever I have asked this it usually seems to be common in those over the age of 50, I think it goes hand and hand with the fact that they grew up watching everything in black and white, I myself have dreamed a few times in black and white and I attribute it to being because I watch a lot of things in black and white. And with that being said do you believe that dreams can be influenced by what you watch and the environment you surround yourself in before you sleep? I personally have mixed feeling about this. I tend to watch a lot of horror movies, I even read horror books before bed, but I don't dream about horror that often, I do though have three reoccurring dreams that are about two characters in horror movies. Also only one of them I would consider a nightmare.
Sorry for the long post, believe it or not I shortened it. It's just that dreams seem to be holding a huge importance to me right now.

I know that when I astral travel, I'm not thinking about it! It just happens. Many people are stuck in the "instructions"...the how to. Perhaps because this was made so"normal" to me as a child I simply didn't forget the how to part. My sense of it is it happens when it NEEDS to happen. If I need some knowledge from across the border, then it happens.
Same with me!

There are many types of dreams, and dream visitations tend to stand out as their own type of dreamstate. People remember these more often than any other dreams, and with a clarity that is often missing from other dreams. Dreams of knowledge, prophecy, and visitations are often much different than the other dreams had on a regular basis. At least that's my take on them.
I am going to share something the brings a bit of emotional pain, but am sharing it to emphasize what you said about there being many types of dreams, Debi. I have an adult daughter who suffers from mental health issues. She had a child, about ten years ago, whom protective services took away from her. I offered to take her, since it was my first grandchild, but because of statements that my daughter made, the state refused to let me take her. The statements weren't true, of course. So, it broke my heart to see my granddaughter given to strangers. The couple couldn't have children, and were overjoyed to take her. I grieved for a long time about that! The adoptive mother was very friendly at first, and sent me frequent emails and pictures. And then, gradually, the emails and pics stopped, because the woman had remarried and had a second child, and was just too busy to keep me updated.

But something strange started to happen. My granddaughter began appearing in my dreams. But they didn't feel like dreams; each time, she would arrive in a car, driven by a woman that I didn't recognize. Her reactions to me were as if she were really meeting me for the first time; at first she would be shy and stand offish, then she would start to sit near me, always gazing at me with eyes that were wise beyond her years. Each time, she would be a little older, just as she would in real time. Once there was a dream where we were all at a beach, and she came and sat by me, sharing some sea shells that she had picked up. Her adoptive mother's face was always a blur in these dreams. After that dream, I received an unexpected email from the adoptive mother, saying that they had all moved to California, and that frequently visited the beach. These "visit" dreams continued until she turned seven years old, then after one more dream, they stopped. Although I found them bittersweet, I always cherish them because I felt that my grandchild was actually visiting me on the astral plane.

Same with me!

I am going to share something the brings a bit of emotional pain, but am sharing it to emphasize what you said about there being many types of dreams, Debi. I have an adult daughter who suffers from mental health issues. She had a child, about ten years ago, whom protective services took away from her. I offered to take her, since it was my first grandchild, but because of statements that my daughter made, the state refused to let me take her. The statements weren't true, of course. So, it broke my heart to see my granddaughter given to strangers. The couple couldn't have children, and were overjoyed to take her. I grieved for a long time about that! The adoptive mother was very friendly at first, and sent me frequent emails and pictures. And then, gradually, the emails and pics stopped, because the woman had remarried and had a second child, and was just too busy to keep me updated.

But something strange started to happen. My granddaughter began appearing in my dreams. But they didn't feel like dreams; each time, she would arrive in a car, driven by a woman that I didn't recognize. Her reactions to me were as if she were really meeting me for the first time; at first she would be shy and stand offish, then she would start to sit near me, always gazing at me with eyes that were wise beyond her years. Each time, she would be a little older, just as she would in real time. Once there was a dream where we were all at a beach, and she came and sat by me, sharing some sea shells that she had picked up. Her adoptive mother's face was always a blur in these dreams. After that dream, I received an unexpected email from the adoptive mother, saying that they had all moved to California, and that frequently visited the beach. These "visit" dreams continued until she turned seven years old, then after one more dream, they stopped. Although I found them bittersweet, I always cherish them because I felt that my grandchild was actually visiting me on the astral plane.
What a sad but beautiful thing, Garnet. Thank you for sharing that because I'm sure that was difficult.

I always have hope in these situations with family, Garnet. First, when she hit the age of 7, the natural childhood connection tends to fade. We can do marvelous things as children until someone tells us that magic isn't real. (They are wrong.) But my sense is that someday you will connect with this child again. I pray for that joyous moment to come your way.

Thank you, Debi! The very last dream I had with her, we were on a beach and she wanted me to help her get to the other side of this sort of protrusion made of rocks. In order to get to the other side, one had to wade in pretty deep water and then walk around the protrusion, which would bring us to another section of the beach. I took her on my back, and as we entered the water, a bracelet that she was wearing broke and fell off into the water. I knew then that the dream visits would end; I don't know why, I just did. I looked up dream meanings, and one of them said that the breaking bracelet symbolized a broken family or relationship connection.