Dreams : What's your take?

You are very fortunate to have those treasures. My older Sister swooped in and took nearly everything that belonged to our parents. I have essentially nothing of a material nature except for their cremated ashes. I do have my Mom’s wedding band - she gave it to me when I was 14. Only time or brain injury can take my memories; so I relive those and cherish them frequently.
I have a few things of hers that I found after she died and that she gave me when she was alive. She gave me a small, stuffed leopard plush toy when I was in my 20’s (because I was still her baby) and told me that I’d never be alone. I have it on my computer desk to this day. And it’s something I will always cherish. Even at 40.

I am sorry for your loss, Wolf. I had a dream about my mother, who passed in 2009, from thyroid cancer. It was maybe a year later, and in that dream she hugged me and all the hurt and resentment I felt while growing up just melted away. I knew that it had been a visitation and that she truly loved me. I was able to finally let go and to realize that she did her best as a parent, and that nobody is perfect. It was a healing moment.
Mine was also for the most part. But I still think of her almost everyday. We talked everyday and sometimes everyday.

It hasn't quite been five and it almost still feels like yesterday to me. My parents moved out around mid/late '07 and they didn't take everything with them. I found a pair of her sunglasses just the other day. I found a light sweater that once belonged to her maybe a year or two after she passed and I just held onto it tightly. As I've said, I just tend to keep things like this bottled up (and other things) and it really hasn't done me much of any good but this felt good to talk about.
As you and I have talked about, everyone moves through the process of grief at their own pace.

My dad wore this one plaid shirt all the time. When he passed, I asked for the shirt. I recently had a memory pillow made from it. A small patch of the material was included into the making of a small huggable pillow by my granddaughter (with the help of her mom.) Even now, twenty years later, it can bring me tears that turn into good memories. But being able to hug something that was his is comforting.

I've had my parents appear in dreams a lot during this last year. I recently read a report that during Covid, this seems to be a trend for many dreamers. Some have been "just" dreams...others I feel have been visitations.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lynne and Lone Wolf
I don't even remember dreams five seconds after waking up. I haven't had any dreams that I remember in at least ten years.

I've heard that medications can affect dreams. About ten years ago is when my daily prescriptions started to increase so I'm tentatively blaming that.
I think medications can play a huge role in the inability to recall dreams. I have started some new meds and find it difficult now to remember dreams.

Mugwort is often used to help trigger the brain to remember the dreams. Small amount in the pillow is said to help.

herbs.jpg

£793.53 for 5Kg :eek:

I'm obviously in the wrong job........

As you and I have talked about, everyone moves through the process of grief at their own pace.

My dad wore this one plaid shirt all the time. When he passed, I asked for the shirt. I recently had a memory pillow made from it. A small patch of the material was included into the making of a small huggable pillow by my granddaughter (with the help of her mom.) Even now, twenty years later, it can bring me tears that turn into good memories. But being able to hug something that was his is comforting.

I've had my parents appear in dreams a lot during this last year. I recently read a report that during Covid, this seems to be a trend for many dreamers. Some have been "just" dreams...others I feel have been visitations.
My mother had her own opinions on dreams and to her personally, they were unresolved issues. But she also told me that she'd always be with me. Even in death, I could feel her very presence at her grave. But it's plausible that I was in more distress that I was aware of hence the visitation. I only wish it were real. But the first time I found her sweater, I just held onto it.

I don't even remember dreams five seconds after waking up. I haven't had any dreams that I remember in at least ten years.

I've heard that medications can affect dreams. About ten years ago is when my daily prescriptions started to increase so I'm tentatively blaming that.
I don’t remember my dreams most of the time either, however visitations are different. They may use the dream state but your spirits are visiting. These dreams are remembered often for a lifetime. I can see how medication might effect everything.