Dreams : What's your take?

I think I could have said in short Lone that, there are probably at least three nearly distinct phenomena happening but we mostly tend to group them as one because all those perceptions have sleep in common...hence, they are all called dreams.

I can certainly drone on about a couple of those rabbit holes which you would like to traverse.
A good way of summing it up.

But I guess you could say it's because I never really got over her death or really faced it. She's been gone for five years on August 14th and I'm still not over it.
Lone, my Mom and Dad have been gone for nearly 30 and 35 years respectively and I still feel their loss. With each year, I’ve learned how to stop the weeping a little faster.

Lone, my Mom and Dad have been gone for nearly 30 and 35 years respectively and I still feel their loss. With each year, I’ve learned how to stop the weeping a little faster.
It hasn't quite been five and it almost still feels like yesterday to me. My parents moved out around mid/late '07 and they didn't take everything with them. I found a pair of her sunglasses just the other day. I found a light sweater that once belonged to her maybe a year or two after she passed and I just held onto it tightly. As I've said, I just tend to keep things like this bottled up (and other things) and it really hasn't done me much of any good but this felt good to talk about.

It hasn't quite been five and it almost still feels like yesterday to me. My parents moved out around mid/late '07 and they didn't take everything with them. I found a pair of her sunglasses just the other day. I found a light sweater that once belonged to her maybe a year or two after she passed and I just held onto it tightly. As I've said, I just tend to keep things like this bottled up (and other things) and it really hasn't done me much of any good but this felt good to talk about.
You are very fortunate to have those treasures. My older Sister swooped in and took nearly everything that belonged to our parents. I have essentially nothing of a material nature except for their cremated ashes. I do have my Mom’s wedding band - she gave it to me when I was 14. Only time or brain injury can take my memories; so I relive those and cherish them frequently.

Last edited:
I had a dream involving my mom about six months to the day after she died. She had a rare form of cancer that couldn't be detected until it was too late. But she had a friend with her when she died that held her hand as she slipped away and on a personal note, this woman is so much stronger than I ever could have been. I couldn't have done it.

I had several dreams about her beforehand, but this one was by far the most real. I was a spectator and for once, I got to hug her after she gave me some encouraging words and that was it. But I guess you could say it's because I never really got over her death or really faced it. She's been gone for five years on August 14th and I'm still not over it.

Now please don't get me wrong, I try to be strong for other people but I'm no where near as good or wise as she was. It just seems that she had all the answers whenever you needed them and no matter what was wrong, hell, she had an answer for. But the dream was not only comforting but also kind of a slap in the face. I think that perhaps overall I let most of it go because I haven't had another dream in over four years, but the the dreams of seeing lost loved ones just prompted me to ask the question.

Apologies if I got sidetracked on my own thread. I was just reminiscing . I guess I just feel that even now the people are watching over us.
I am sorry for your loss, Wolf. I had a dream about my mother, who passed in 2009, from thyroid cancer. It was maybe a year later, and in that dream she hugged me and all the hurt and resentment I felt while growing up just melted away. I knew that it had been a visitation and that she truly loved me. I was able to finally let go and to realize that she did her best as a parent, and that nobody is perfect. It was a healing moment.

Reactions: Lynne and Lone Wolf
Mine died within a year of each other, and it has been 12 and 13 years. I still find myself grieving here and there, but I know that I shall see them both on the other side, someday. I still have some Christmas cards that they both sent me, but my brother cleared out my father's things and didn't share any.:(

Mine died within a year of each other, and it has been 12 and 13 years. I still find myself grieving here and there, but I know that I shall see them both on the other side, someday. I still have some Christmas cards that they both sent me, but my brother cleared out my father's things and didn't share any.:(
Glad you shared that GS - reminds me that I do have a small box which has some cards my parents and I exchanged. I’m gonna find that box and review the contents slowly and reverently.

Last edited:
I don't even remember dreams five seconds after waking up. I haven't had any dreams that I remember in at least ten years.

I've heard that medications can affect dreams. About ten years ago is when my daily prescriptions started to increase so I'm tentatively blaming that.

Last edited:
I do not dream and I suspect that there are others in life who go through it without a single mind's eye 'picture show'.

The only dreams I have ever had in my life were related to a paranormal incident (apart from an encounter with a succubus on one occasion a few years back) and I can safely say that those were brought on by a negative attachment. Apart from that, nothing.

My wife dreams all the time.

I find it puzzling that people are like this - some dream most of the time, yet others have never experienced it.

Reactions: WitchAndShaman
Everybody dreams. However, due to medications and/or the brain function of certain people they may not remember them at all.
Mugwort is often used to help trigger the brain to remember the dreams. Small amount in the pillow is said to help.