A bit confused...

Thank you Wands.
/The most alarming experience occured years ago when I went for an interview as a mother's help.
The house itself had an unsettling feeling , possibly because the father of the child had a reclamation business and the house was full of gargoyle statuettes and suchlike. During the interview a ceramic vase slid along a table and crashed to the floor. The woman said it was due to work going on opposite which was blatantly untrue. A week later while I war clearing up in her kitchen a very heavy cast iron pan fell from an overhead shelf, catching me just above the forehead/

I agree that this does sound odd. If I was interviewing for a job, and a vase smashed to the floor all by itself, I would take that as a sign that maybe I shouldn't accept the position there, if it was offered to me (!)... since I am getting superstitious about signs and omens.

Your story reminds me of something that happened here a few years ago. I had new window treatments installed in my house which were a little bit stiff to open and close. I didn't worry about it, because I thought they just needed time to loosen up. After I'd had them for about a week, I had a dream/vision (?) that a strange man walked into one of the upstairs rooms behind me as I was folding laundry. He said something to the effect of, "Beware of the blinds. The man who installed them has done something not quite right with them ."

I dismissed this dream, vision or whatever it was as meaningless. However, the next day, as I was struggling to close the new window treatments, one of the metal rods came loose, hit me hard on head just above my eye, bounced off me and broke a lamp.

I called the people who installed them and someone came out immediately to take a look. It turns out that all the rods had been installed backwards. I could not have known this by looking at them, and I know next to nothing about installing window treatments, so the 'warning' appears to have come from somewhere outside.

Reactions: WitchAndShaman

Your story reminds me of something that happened here a few years ago. I had new window treatments installed in my house which were a little bit stiff to open and close. I didn't worry about it, because I thought they just needed time to loosen up. After I'd had them for about a week, I had a dream/vision (?) that a strange man walked into one of the upstairs rooms behind me as I was folding laundry. He said something to the effect of, "Beware of the blinds. The man who installed them has done something not quite right with them ."

I dismissed this dream, vision or whatever it was as meaningless. However, the next day, as I was struggling to close the new window treatments, one of the metal rods came loose, hit me hard on head just above my eye, bounced off me and broke a lamp.

I called the people who installed them and someone came out immediately to take a look. It turns out that all the rods had been installed backwards. I could not have known this by looking at them, and I know next to nothing about installing window treatments, so the 'warning' appears to have come from somewhere outside.
I'm glad that you were not hurt too badly, CalicoBarnCat. Does it make you a believer in any future dreams ?

I'm glad that you were not hurt too badly, CalicoBarnCat. Does it make you a believer in any future dreams ?

Maybe. I've had much stranger dreams than that, and yet I am still undecided. Friends and relatives have tended to urge me to dismiss dreams as meaningless nonsense. I am not sure that they would shrug these things off so easily if it was happening to them!

By the way, apologies to the original poster...part of my response somehow accidentally got attached to the quote (having technical difficulties). So I'll repeat it now -- Mumofthree, I would have taken the smashed vase during the interview as a sign or omen that I shouldn't take the job!

..part of my response somehow accidentally got attached to the quote
This happens occasionally when we start typing before the forum software finishes the quoting process. Us slow typists don't see the issue as often. :)

As a new member I would like to say hello and thank you for accepting me.

I would like to know if some people are more susceptible to unexplained experiences than others? On at least four occasions strange stuff has happened to me and I'd love to know if others are so affected.
this only happens to me while in subconscious. I understand the messages or the reason but if I dont talk about it before i sit up I will forget most of it. I can no longer sleep in the same room with my girl because I am afraid of what I see at times. I sometimes think there is something attached to her that I am dealing with. I could go into this long drawn out story but time with me is always falling behind and I would sound like a nut. I always make it a point to write these things down and tell someone but it is very difficult to put into words.

I always make it a point to write these things down
Smart idea, Armand, to keep a journal. It seems like more and more of frequent dreamers are documenting their dreams. I suppose that I dream also, but rarely remember them, even upon first awakening.

Reactions: Armand
Smart idea, Armand, to keep a journal. It seems like more and more of frequent dreamers are documenting their dreams. I suppose that I dream also, but rarely remember them, even upon first awakening.

With Lynne’s urging I have started a dream journal again. I am using the free app called Dream Journal Ulimate. Unfortunately my journaling in past six or seven weeks has been inconsistent 7.

However, Since restarting journaling my dreams have been way more fantasy like than prior to journaling. I have recently dreamed in detail fashion one specific mass tragedy which is way, way to close to home. Had to do with a major cruise ship accident...I’m on a cruise in five weeks. If I make it through to the second week in April, then the dream was not actually about me at all. Jeezers that sound like a downer statement.

Reactions: Armand and Debi
Maybe. I've had much stranger dreams than that, and yet I am still undecided. Friends and relatives have tended to urge me to dismiss dreams as meaningless nonsense. I am not sure that they would shrug these things off so easily if it was happening to them!

By the way, apologies to the original poster...part of my response somehow accidentally got attached to the quote (having technical difficulties). So I'll repeat it now -- Mumofthree, I would have taken the smashed vase during the interview as a sign or omen that I shouldn't take the job!

Welcome Barn Cat.

I agree too that Mum seemed to have been given more than one reason to leave that job assignment.

Hi everyone! I'm not sure I'm skilled enough to join your group, but I am looking for morale support. I hardly speak english, so please excuse my mistakes. It's a very long story, so I'll try to only ask some questions: I keep on finding holes on my and my family clothing. Sometimes they are heart shaped. It happens on both brand new and used clothing. I only learned about a similari case in an italian tv programma called Vade Retro. That's unfortunately not the worst thing me and my family are experiencing. Any idea?!