A bit confused...

Mumofthree

Reaction score
As a new member I would like to say hello and thank you for accepting me.

I would like to know if some people are more susceptible to unexplained experiences than others? On at least four occasions strange stuff has happened to me and I'd love to know if others are so affected.

Welcome to the forum "Mum".

I can say in short, "Yes, undeniably so." Some people have paranormal/psychic/metaphysical/etc. experiences more frequently than others for a variety of reasons. And, you don't have to be purposely looking for these kinds of mystic occurrences in order to experience them...sometimes they just happen even in very mundane settings.

If you share some of the details about any of your four experiences, I and others here will certainly share our related opinions with you.

Reactions: Lynne and 7Critter
Thank you Wands.
The most alarming experience occured years ago when I went for an interview as a mother's help.
The house itself had an unsettling feeling , possibly because the father of the child had a reclamation business and the house was full of gargoyle statuettes and suchlike. During the interview a ceramic vase slid along a table and crashed to the floor. The woman said it was due to work going on opposite which was blatantly untrue. A week later while I war clearing up in her kitchen a very heavy cast iron pan fell from an overhead shelf, catching me just above the forehead, resulting in a trip to A@E.
The second puzzling thing happened in my home. We had been celebrating my son in laws birthday the day before and a helium balloon was still happily at home on the ceiling. All of a sudden the balloon took off on an adventure up the stairs! It came back down and stopped right in front of me. When I moved it moved! It stayed in front if me for a while then went back to it's original position. A moment later my daughter and I saw a bright red orb in another part of the room. It stayed about a minute then vanished.
There's been a couple more experiences which I will tell off another time if you'll allow me. Reading this back I feel rather foolish. It all sounds pretty lame compared to things th at happen to others but it's still confusing me, especially the balloon and orb incidents,

Reactions: Paintman
Thank you Wands.
The most alarming experience occured years ago when I went for an interview as a mother's help.
The house itself had an unsettling feeling , possibly because the father of the child had a reclamation business and the house was full of gargoyle statuettes and suchlike. During the interview a ceramic vase slid along a table and crashed to the floor. The woman said it was due to work going on opposite which was blatantly untrue. A week later while I war clearing up in her kitchen a very heavy cast iron pan fell from an overhead shelf, catching me just above the forehead, resulting in a trip to A@E.
The second puzzling thing happened in my home. We had been celebrating my son in laws birthday the day before and a helium balloon was still happily at home on the ceiling. All of a sudden the balloon took off on an adventure up the stairs! It came back down and stopped right in front of me. When I moved it moved! It stayed in front if me for a while then went back to it's original position. A moment later my daughter and I saw a bright red orb in another part of the room. It stayed about a minute then vanished.
There's been a couple more experiences which I will tell off another time if you'll allow me. Reading this back I feel rather foolish. It all sounds pretty lame compared to things th at happen to others but it's still confusing me, especially the balloon and orb incidents,

I'm on s very short break at work so I'll be brief again with this post Mum. But certainly want to thank you for sharing everything which you have already. Share the other points when you are ready and it is convenient. There is certainly enough in you last post to get most of us here thinking. Our thinking almost always comes with questions - to increase our understanding - so please do not feel badgered by the details we might ask for.

Things are only labeled as paranormal because of the frequency of their occurrences, the number of people who experience same, along with our present inability to fully explain how they occur. So none of those occurrences sound really unusual, many of us here have experienced objects moving without a clear indicator for how/why.

Since the family you tried to help ran a business of reclaiming materials, there is a clear possibility that what was occurring in their own home could have been related to one or more haunted objects. I'm going to make a huge assumption that this is a likely truth and jump ahead to the balloon incident. I'm also going to assume that based on how you presented these incidents - and how you assigned numbers to them - that the balloon incident happened after you had worked in the reclamation business/home. Do you know if you have any objects in your own home which might have come from the reclamation home or business?

Haunted objects are only one of several possible influences; but based upon what you have shared thus far, it is a reasonable place to start looking for any paranormal clues.

Reactions: Aces and Paintman
I appreciate your prompt reply especially as you are on your break.

The balloon and orb experience happened five years after the first one and I didn't have any objects in my home from the place which appeared to have some sort of presence.

I am aware that balloons are, by their very nature, susceptible to air currents heating etc but everything was calm that day. The fact that the darn thing positioned itself at my eye level and followed me was a bit disconcerting. :) To then see a bright red large orb just made the whole experience a bit odd. Ever since that experience I occasionally wake up to what I perceive as someone knocking on my door. I know that is not considered a good sign by some so I try not to dwell on that one!

Reactions: Lynne and Paintman
I appreciate your prompt reply especially as you are on your break.

The balloon and orb experience happened five years after the first one and I didn't have any objects in my home from the place which appeared to have some sort of presence.

I am aware that balloons are, by their very nature, susceptible to air currents heating etc but everything was calm that day. The fact that the darn thing positioned itself at my eye level and followed me was a bit disconcerting. :) To then see a bright red large orb just made the whole experience a bit odd. Ever since that experience I occasionally wake up to what I perceive as someone knocking on my door. I know that is not considered a good sign by some so I try not to dwell on that one!
Welcome to the forum, Mum. I'm just now reading your accounts and also have to be elsewhere for a bit, but shall return with some input this afternoon.

Reactions: Mumofthree
Thank you Wands.
The one thing about true paranormal experiences is that they are usually short in duration and often leave us wondering "did I just experience that?" Especially those new to it. To your original question of are some people more likely to experience things, there does seem to be some history to back that up. No one is quite sure why, but in some cases there are people who appear to be able to sense more than others and often experience more of the paranormal world around us.

Everything and everyone is energy. We all perceive things in the world differently, and some of us may resonate more with that otherwordly energy than others.

Do you have any "gifts" or abilities, Mum? Any precog or psychic type of abilities?

Do you still work in this home? Has anything violent occurred or are these phenomena fairly innocent?

Reactions: Lynne