1-4-2023 Wednesday Live Chat

enjoy life to the fullest SK. live all you can and experiance things you can discuss and talk about later. while 57 is not bad and i still do a lot (just a little slower...... and with more recovery after...lol).. the things you do when young are what memories and stories are made of
Thanks. Definitely need to hear that lately.

After the separation nearly a year ago, just been kinda feeling stuck in a void this year. Suppose just annoying to spend so much time building something up to lose everything and end up back where I started, literally. Though I get to start over with more knowledge/experience/maturity, but I don't get more time or stamina added to the clock. lol It's been making me feel old lately and as if it's too late to move up a different ladder/wall. Or even question if I should have just stayed in that situation. At this point, that's just echoes in my head I guess because I know the answer to those things already also. Just part of me still exhausted from it I think.

Back in my 20s/early 30s I'd travel a lot and would go on cross-country trips with my wife. I think we saw around 34 states during that time. I always told her that we could do it in ways that we can afford, but not have to wait til later to experience things. This later half of the year I've been waking back up to who I am, who I forgot I was, and who I want to be or not be now. So this year I'm making a lot of plans to travel and also working on launching my business so that I can quit my current job I've been doing forever but am bored with. Definitely going to take advantage of the second chance to do things how I think I should have done them. Maybe all the other stuff was just learning how to swim so I wouldn't drown in what I desire. At this point though, I do know that the things I regret so far in life are things I didn't do.

im south of atlanta by the way, not sure if you saw my response to your earlier post.... good to meet ya, welcome to the forum

Pleasure to meet you as well! Thanks.

And that's awesome. You originally from here also? I used to live in Atlanta, but mostly floated around the metro area (Marietta/Kennesaw/etc...) and also spent some time out in the country to get away from that pace.

Kid, I will be 70 this month. Listen to what Paul said! Do it all and make those memories! Read about the mysteries that interest you, listen to the elders who can share wisdom, and remember to live life full on!
Thanks. I'm glad that I met you all! You all seriously got me hyped up and feeling better than I have in a really long time. I'll take heed to what you all said and take better advantage of the time I'm given.

I'm 64, SpiritKid. Still work full-time, take care of my disabled wife, and still find time to go kayaking, do paranormal investigations, and watch UFOs.
I too have my share of medical issues, I put a lot of miles on this body in 64 years. But so-far, none have stopped me yet!

the blurriness will lift after a couple hours after surgery. he will be ready for the next appointment to even out the difference...lol... sucks they have to separate the surgeries, but for safety reasons and all its best. does he wear glasses now? it can be quite different afterwards if so.....
Yes, he wears glasses now. And yes, he is scheduled for the other one in a few weeks.

I'm 64, SpiritKid. Still work full-time, take care of my disabled wife, and still find time to go kayaking, do paranormal investigations, and watch UFOs.
I too have my share of medical issues, I put a lot of miles on this body in 64 years. But so-far, none have stopped me yet!
That's really awesome! I've always wanted to do paranormal investigations, but don't know anyone to do that sort of thing with. Trust me, I asked them and everyone gave me the same look. Am I allowed to say heck 'em on here? If not, I'm sorry. :D

I bet Utah is the perfect place to do all of that too. I had been out there a few times and went to this place called Hovenweep (nearly CO border by Cortez). Can't even begin to explain how beautiful it was to watch the night sky from there. Growing up around Atlanta, I honestly never knew the sky looked like that until I went out west where there wasn't light pollution. I thought the pictures we saw in the books in school growing up was just exaggerations of it. lol So imagine truly thinking there's maybe 50-100 stars and then seeing the real night sky. One of my fondest memories easily.

@ Spiritkid...Ah, to be 36 again! :cool:
:D I guess I should be asking everyone different questions.

What should I be doing right? Was broccoli really the answer? Did you all really think my generation would save the trees and whales after you all gave us the internet? We're at least better than Gen Z tho, am I right? :D Of all the places traveled to, what was the best one? What's good questions I should be asking?