Solution to loneliness?

Same with the death of my Mom in 1992. I will never forget the feeling of aloneness and despair I felt going into the empty family home less than an hour after her death to retrieve some paperwork needed by hospice. I lost it when I spotted the hairbrush she'd ever used since I could remember.
When my best friend's dad passed and he and his brother moved back to Florida, i was the last to enter the house before it went on the market. The feeling of total emptiness was heartbreaking. There was so much life in that house in the years i had gone there. During Christmas not having my dad here was pretty tough. I expected every time i entered the kitchen, my dad would be sitting on the couch holding their dog. My parent's house is equally as empty. I really wish my mom would sell and come up here. It was quite hard for me, i can't begin to imagine how hard it is on my mom to remain there.

Same with the death of my Mom in 1992. I will never forget the feeling of aloneness and despair I felt going into the empty family home less than an hour after her death to retrieve some paperwork needed by hospice. I lost it when I spotted the hairbrush she'd ever used since I could remember.
I know what you mean. It’s the silence. It’s the silence and absence. You feel that more than anything.

416123142_933992488295263_2105559329629187505_n.jpg

A few weeks ago, I was having a bad night; feeling sick and couldn't sleep. I suddenly remembered a song that my mother wrote about me when I was a child, and I had a strong sense of her presence, as the lyrics came to mind. I wonder if that was her comforting me.

A few weeks ago, I was having a bad night; feeling sick and couldn't sleep. I suddenly remembered a song that my mother wrote about me when I was a child, and I had a strong sense of her presence, as the lyrics came to mind. I wonder if that was her comforting me.
Without a doubt Miss G! Without a Doubt. That’s her way of letting you knows she’s right..there.

I completely understand. I also lost too many close to me, some in fairly short order. After my dad passed i was about to throw the towel in and have a serious talk with the 'man upstairs'. Enough already. I barely got over losing one of my best friends then you take my dad too? It truly sucks. I miss his firm guidance. He never sugar-coated anything but that was my dad. I miss joking, laughing and fishing with my friend. Eventually things become easier and trying not sound like a broken record, you (and i) will find the peace needed. Not just saying it, i believe it.
Before he died, my step sister and uncle whispered in his ear that they loved him and I just couldn’t do it. It didn’t take long for him to pass after he was taken off of life support and I didn’t know where my mind was after that. I was almost in a state of shock. Disbelief.

And he knew he was dying. I just didn’t want to believe it. I had held onto this tiny, but false hope that he’d pull through but he didn’t. And what truly pains me is that he saved me, but I couldn’t save him.

I’ve lied to myself when I thought I was over it. I’m not. I have my good and bad days but it’s grown much more intense as of late and I’m paying the price for it. And what I have now posted here, I speak of to no one. This is a pain I just don’t share.

I’m just finally throwing this out there.

Before he died, my step sister and uncle whispered in his ear that they loved him and I just couldn’t do it. It didn’t take long for him to pass after he was taken off of life support and I didn’t know where my mind was after that. I was almost in a state of shock. Disbelief.

And he knew he was dying. I just didn’t want to believe it. I had held onto this tiny, but false hope that he’d pull through but he didn’t. And what truly pains me is that he saved me, but I couldn’t save him.

I’ve lied to myself when I thought I was over it. I’m not. I have my good and bad days but it’s grown much more intense as of late and I’m paying the price for it. And what I have now posted here, I speak of to no one. This is a pain I just don’t share.

You can vent here Wolf, give yourself time.

And what I have now posted here, I speak of to no one. This is a pain I just don’t share.

As Lynne says, we are always here if you need to talk . I've had to put quite a few animals down and it was heartbreaking but it was the best for them, I don't know the pain of having to decide about family like this but if you were my son I'd be a very proud man and knowing you were there to carry on for me would give me a great peace. Your dad will come to you if he feels you really need his guidance and support. It's what I believe and have experienced myself. We will all meet again one great day Wolf, but not today.:)

Go to a pound and find the dog that's been there the longest and take them home! You'll have a great friend and save a dogs life and give them a world they never knew existed!

Reactions: ozentity and Debi
As Lynne says, we are always here if you need to talk . I've had to put quite a few animals down and it was heartbreaking but it was the best for them, I don't know the pain of having to decide about family like this but if you were my son I'd be a very proud man and knowing you were there to carry on for me would give me a great peace. Your dad will come to you if he feels you really need his guidance and support. It's what I believe and have experienced myself. We will all meet again one great day Wolf, but not today.:)
Thanks, Oz.

• Love
Reactions: ozentity and Debi